Poll: Best MOBA

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dota2 and HoN ( played HoN during beta and fir 1 year after release) is equal for me and it is unbelievable people comparing Hots to Dota. Not even remotely close. LoL and Hots I can compare. Both easy no depth games.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes would be the best because, like Kapaya said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Anyone who claims that HoTS is better than any other MOBA is clueless. It's like comparing LFR to Mythic. It might be more enjoyable, but it sure as hell aint better.
    For me, it works with 20-min matches with more teamfights and cool stuff and less pick-poke at minions. But Blizzard is too slow with their updates, so I'll go with LoL, because my friends like it more than Heroes.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2016-01-20 at 02:09 AM.

I'm surprised this didn't get more aggressive than it is.

Personally, I would put the ranking as
    Dota 2>HotS>Smite>LoL

Those are the only ones I played honestly, but I put Dota 2 as top because all heroes are free honestly as the major deal.
    I would put Smite higher than HotS because it has the 2nd best hero unlock I'd say (One flat fee for all heroes if you choose), but I just find HotS to be more fun.

Anyone who claims that HoTS is better than any other MOBA is clueless. It's like comparing LFR to Mythic. It might be more enjoyable, but it sure as hell aint better.
    If a game is more enjoyable... that means it's better...

As someone who's played pretty much every MOBA I've found enjoyment in all of them. DotA2 is obviously the most complex out of all of them requiring a lot of mechanical skill, unfortunately I never really got the item system down. League of Legends is a good alternative with a much less clunky feeling (I played during the All-Stars when it was a mod of WC3 and that was the limitations, for some reason DotA2 decided to keep that feeling and League removed it) and trimmed down to be more accessible. The item store is much easier to understand. Smite brings out the same enjoyment while introducing a more in the mayhem feel with a simple change of camera angle and control scheme. HotS is the go to game if you have a much shorter time (League games taking anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour whereas HotS can be done in 10 if you're really fast and long ones still only last like 30). I can't say anything about HoN because I never played it but there really is no reason to play it as it was meant to be DotA2 and why play a game meant to be DotA2 when you have DotA2?

TLDR: All Mobas are fun and people from each community (you know who you are) need to cool their damn heads because someone might prefer something a little more mechanically skilled and someone else might prefer something a little more accessible and less clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Dota2 and HoN ( played HoN during beta and fir 1 year after release) is equal for me and it is unbelievable people comparing Hots to Dota. Not even remotely close. LoL and Hots I can compare. Both easy no depth games.
    This is one thing I hate, if you think League is such an easy game, please tell us, what's your rank? Tell us master how high you've gotten, or have you not ever even played it and just blindly hate it like most do?
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2016-01-20 at 03:42 AM.

There were a couple of other MOBAs I really enjoyed over time but neither actually made it; Strife and Infinite Crisis.

Neither game was especially well executed or anywhere near as polished as League or HotS. Initially I didn't give either a lot of regard but grew to enjoy some of the neat ideas they had going for them.

Perhaps if Infinite Crisis and Strife had managed to capture some popularity it would have followed the underlying systems would have been more developed. They lacked robust development really.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-01-20 at 04:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy HOTS, I honestly get tired of the same old map, have map mechanics can really change a game. Every single time you get into a game it feels like a different one. This helps certain heroes be better on certain maps. The problem I have with LoL is that every thing is the same pretty no matter how you end up playing, too stale for me. Every now and then I jump in a LoL game and its okay just as long as I don't play it too long, ARAM is super fun though.

DOTA honestly never seemed that fun for me, way too slow of a game to be enjoyable.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

HotS > LoL >Smite > Dota 2 > HoN > Strife for me personally.

And honestly people thumpign their chest over depth lol...these games have varying degrees of depth. Yes some have more than others but to totally dismiss the depth of the others is fairly ignorant.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Actually, i've played all of this games, and i like HotS, HoN and WC3 DotA.This games are very cool cause thay have an Blizzard begining. DotA2 also is created by the way of wc3 Dota, but it has very slow gameplay, and for me it's bad.

The MOBA I enjoyed most was a very short lived one called Super Monday Night Combat. It was a combination of MOBA and third person shooter that took place in a futuristic game show arena populated by the usual rogues gallery of super athletes and degenerates. Its one of the few games that have really gone a good job with the gameshow theme. Unfortunately it never really got off the ground and the population dwindled out long before it ever hit critical mass.

Dota is my MOBA of choice however. I've been playing it with a group of friends since we were at Uni years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Does Magicka Wizard Wars count as a MOBA or close?
    Ah, a gentleman (or gentlewoman) after my own heart. I thought I was the only person on the planet who was aware of this game. Magicka's PvP always created those hillarious moments where you get things catastrophically wrong and blow up yourself and your entire team, then followed them up with those moments of shear awesomeness when everything just comes together perfectly and you feel like an absolute genius and Wizard Wars takes that to an extreme. Its a shame the game never really achived mainstream popularity, but then again it was always aimed at more of a niche audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Awesomenauts is fantastic because it does that, taking the basic idea of DotA and adapting it into a completely different beast that has immensely fun, tight, beautifully designed gameplay that challenges the player's skill in controlling their own character moreso than their meta knowledge and ability to coordinate complex tactics with team mates.
    I think Awesomenauts, along with Smite too, are a fascinating look into the future of where MOBA's might be headed. Where games take some of the core mechanics from them and add them to an existing genre to create something original. As much as I enjoy the classic Dota formula, putting a fresh twist on it ends up with something that feels familiar but plays very differently.

To answer the OP's question directly, I firmly believe that "the best MOBA of all time" is one we're yet to see. There are lots of opinions on what the best one currently on the market is, but as the formula keeps being refined we're bound to keep getting more unique and orignal ones being developed. I'm confident that one, or more, of those is going to make the current crop look really basic in comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Ah, a gentleman (or gentlewoman) after my own heart. I thought I was the only person on the planet who was aware of this game. Magicka's PvP always created those hillarious moments where you get things catastrophically wrong and blow up yourself and your entire team, then followed them up with those moments of shear awesomeness when everything just comes together perfectly and you feel like an absolute genius and Wizard Wars takes that to an extreme. Its a shame the game never really achived mainstream popularity, but then again it was always aimed at more of a niche audience.
    GentlePlatypus /happy

I imagine the extremely high learning curve doesn`t help & compound that with throwing newblets into the fray re:MM state to aid queue shortness doesn`t either.
    Although I occasionally feel bad having to TK someone that keeps "accidentally" hitting me & not reviving someone because it`d be a waste of focus, it is a blast & a half.
    But even when the game is rage inducing, it is still the one us Vizards keep returning to.

Now if only they had had some real advertising, but at least we are still getting newer players at times

I like HotS and Smite the best out of them, they actually did something new with the genre instead of just being a different flavor. HotS has the added bonus of having Blizzard characters in it though so it takes the cake for me, it makes it so much easier to really get invested in your hero.

League before they gutted all the fun items and went overboard on nerfs.. excuse me balancing kappa.
    Stay salty my friends.

I played Dota 2 but just could not seem to like it. Gameplay felt slow. I played Hon for a while and it was quite fun then I stopped playing can't even remember why. Played league for a good few years since beta began.

I do enjoy league quite a bit but the toxic players you can encounter are an annoyance.

I've enjoyed Smite the most, I love that you can play all kinds of different God's with some very dynamic gameplay. HotS is fun for some quick games, and it got heroes from the Warcraft universe to interest me. Only played a bit of DotA 2 and really enjoyed it, but I couldn't find anyone to play it with me as they generally play the other MOBA's instead. LoL is the one that most of my friends play, but I'm not really into this one. I can see why its the most popular e-sport though.

So them enjoying it the most is not a good enough reason to claim it's their favourite MOBA... K.

My vote went to DOTA 2, but it was actually a hard choice. That, HoTS and Smite were/are really enjoyable. LoL I didn't really get along with.
    I haven't actually played Smite in a very long time when it was still in its infancy. Something I've been meaning to reinstall to see how it is today.

Best MOBA of all time and what i see here is "if i enjoy it it's the better one". That is just personal opinion based on your own feelings towards the game but the question is what is the best not what you like more, or did i get the wrong impression about the poll.
    I played dota since the warcraft 3 days and now i'm playing dota 2 so you can say i'm biased, but i've tried the others and besides hon the others seem very shallow but no matter what i say there will always be a horde of naysayers to contradict me and tell me how wrong i am. I am a Grubby fan since the War 3 days and i watch from time to time when he plays Hots, but except the characters from all the blizzards games lore but the rest of the game is just not drawing me towards the game, but after all it's just my opinion.
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”

Deleted
    Hots was the best, before it got unplayable.
    So I don't know.
    Is there any other moba out there that doesn't punish you for playing support? As in similar to Hots and less like Dota and LoL?
    In that case, that's a moba I would play.

HoN purely because of the excellent engine behind it. It has very low input lag, great netcode,everything feels smooth and clicks together. Problem is that it's probably the most fast paced one out of them and it does get very exhausting playing it . Well that and the meta and overall balance is not very good but that's a problem with all these games so i don't fault it that. It's just as deep as Dota 2 since it's so similar but more fast paced, which did make me play more dota 2 once it launched because it was an overall more manageable experience and i did not get extremely exhausted after every victory !

7+ Year Old Account
    By virtue of only playing Heroes of the Storm, Heroes of the Storm is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...