Poll: Best MOBA

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Anyone who claims that HoTS is better than any other MOBA is clueless. It's like comparing LFR to Mythic. It might be more enjoyable, but it sure as hell aint better.
    I like this comment, though in an ironic way. I think this perfectly sums up the elitism that's prevalent especially in MMO's these days.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd also love to know why the fuck people write Heroes of the Storm as HoTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

HotS is just too easy honestly i get bored of it too fast. I love how people say dota is slower. Its slower in the time to takes to complete a match, but its faster paces in actual combat. HotS is like playing an RTS with speed set to 50%. Everything is slow moving, telegraphing everything being done so easily you need to not look at your screen to be surprised by anything. Huge lack of actual teamwork. The game forces you teamwork, but does not actually make it relevant outside of a huge deathmatch ball. Which is shit teamwork. HotS is the team death match of moba, everything else is Capture the flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Anyone who claims that HoTS is better than any other MOBA is clueless. It's like comparing LFR to Mythic. It might be more enjoyable, but it sure as hell aint better.
    Considering a lot of people use the metric of how much they enjoy a game to how good it is... Then yes, it being more enjoyable would make it better.

And that's nothing compared to my dota1 days.

Although arguably, I find HotS much more enjoyable at the moment. Shorter games, losses aren't infuriating, cuts away much of the boring stuff (pve:ing creeps) and only retains the fun, hectic team fights, healers that actually can sustain healing, etc. However, in the long run, DotA just has so many more layers and so much more depth. I don't see myself spending more than a tenth of the time I've spent on dota on hots.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-01-20 at 05:36 PM.

A little bit of a tangent here but what about MOBAs do people find interesting? I have tried numerous times to get into them but I just can't. People have said they are a replacement for RTS games but I'm not sure that is necessarily true. I love RTS but cannot get into MOBAs at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post

And that's nothing compared to my dota1 days.

Although arguably, I find HotS much more enjoyable at the moment. Shorter games, losses aren't infuriating, cuts away much of the boring stuff (pve:ing creeps) and only retains the fun, hectic team fights, healers that actually can sustain healing, etc. However, in the long run, DotA just has so many more layers and so much more depth. I don't see myself spending more than a tenth of the time I've spent on dota on hots.
    Wow, I thought my 751 hours of Wizard Wars was a lot lol

P.S. 4184 hours & 4k+, got some catching up to do

If you roam all the time to kill the other team, most of the time, they'll outlevel you, because you can't always kill when you roam.

That's why you have to learn how to roam.

I wish they didn't cancel Dawngate, that game looked like it had potential but EA was being EA again.

Having played all but Smite, and I have a friend pushing me to try it, and so I probably will. I voted HotS, it's high up ranked matches are leagues harder then LoL at my ranked Height, and the Characters in Blizzard Dota have so much more depth than any of the others because they live in other games as well, and have more story then just the paragraph that follows them.

Woopdey-doo HotS has the sippy-cup, and the regen orbs every wave, doesn't make it easier % wise on health Heroes in HotS are a lot more dangerous, an Assassin HotS can blow up an suspecting victim about 2x if not 3x as fast as the rest of the games, if their victim isn't actively ready to counter it. HotS also has a much better "Comeback System" implemented in it, and I think that's why all the people saying it sucks hate it, because they are constantly on the receiving end of it. It requires tactics even in a winning moment of the game, because if you get caught, and murdered, and then your team gets wiped at lvl 22, you could have been kicking teeth in the entire game, but your greed, and loss of tactics, can cost you a game.

Heroes just makes people think more through out the game, yeah there isn't an intense jungle, but early on you are forced to think, and your kept thinking into the final seconds of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    They're easy to jump into, easy to learn, but still competitive at higher levels of play. Compared to other genres, it's a fairly decent combination.

Compare that to RTS, for example - where getting even "kinda decent" is almost a full time job - and it's clear why MOBAs caught on so well.
    Good answer. I will say that I like the look of the new MOBA from Epic games, Paragon is the name I think. Waiting to see how that plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That's why you have to learn how to roam.
    Roaming in LoL or Dota is terrible, mostly because good players know when you are rotating up/down and where you last were, in HotS it is much easier to rotate bottom to top without being seen fairly quick which can catch unspuspecting victims off guard, trust me no one is perfect at roaming in any of the games, but HotS gives you more to think about, and teaches you how to watch for it. In LoL it was just an annoying thing, a massive handful of LoL Heroes have the ability to cloak, only two do in HotS.

I love Smite and DOTA2, but HotS is just extremely well designed. It has by far the best aesthetic, and frankly it has heroes I already have a rapport with, being a Blizzard fan for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    A little bit of a tangent here but what about MOBAs do people find interesting?
    Strategy that is largely centralized on a singular unit per player. The map is objective based, but how you go about those objectives is entirely centered on your individual choice and playing of a unit.

If I play SC2, I manage a base, resources and all the units in service of the game goals. It's an army, basically.

In a MOBA, I just manage my 'hero' but still have the overall tactical aspect of the map's objectives.

I think that appeals to people in a way that having to deal with a bunch of little tanks, spice collectors and pylons does not.

Additional layers such as mastery of game goals, individual mechanics per unit (hero), meta strategy of builds, items, picks/bans and so on- all serve to enrich the basic experience of a strategy game where you are the tank. So to speak.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-01-20 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    Woopdey-doo HotS has the sippy-cup, and the regen orbs every wave, doesn't make it easier % wise on health Heroes in HotS are a lot more dangerous, an Assassin HotS can blow up an suspecting victim about 2x if not 3x as fast as the rest of the games.

Last edited by minteK917; 2016-01-20 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive played smite and league, though both not nearly as much as i played heroes of the storm. i love the team objective AND brawler feel that hots has. it is the only moba to hold my interest for more than a couple of weeks. so i voted hots
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Smite is the best it took that MOBA formula and really added some skill to it. Love the fact 99% of stuff is skill shots really allows you to shine with your accuracy or ability to time opponents moves and dodge just in time.

I'm going with Heroes of the Storm, but that's just because it's the only game in this list I've really enjoyed.

I've played everything except Smite, which is just a no-go for me.

My favourite so far is still HoN, even though the last time I saw it, the community was so bad it was unplayable.
    What I like about HoN is that it was harder imo than other mobas today and the combat was the most enjoyable for me (the animations + the announcer).
    I've played Dota for years, LoL after that every day for 2 years, played Hots a lot (still do sometimes), and Dota 2 was the worst of them all (except for ability draft, which was endless fun for me).

If you were new to mobas I would recommend HotS, if you're experienced and just want some fun, ability draft often tends to be ridiculous.

Of that list, ive only played hots and I really like it.

Anyone ever play Monday night combat for xbox360? It came out a while ago and its a FPS / moba combo. I loved it. Theres lanes and a core you need to kill but you pick one of 6 classes that can be moderately customized. You kill minions for money and you can buy upgrades or build towers with it. I loved that shit.