Thread: E-Cig help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

E-Cig help

Just picked myself up a Westside Vapor Starter Kit and have been enjoying a few of the different cartridges my local store offers. After checking out their website, I though I would like to try some of the liquids they offer as well. My question is; Is there something one can buy to put the liquid in, like a refillable cartridge or adapter, or does one need a completely different type of e-cigarette to use them? If so, what are they called?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Just picked myself up a Westside Vapor Starter Kit and have been enjoying a few of the different cartridges my local store offers. After checking out their website, I though I would like to try some of the liquids they offer as well. My question is; Is there something one can buy to put the liquid in, like a refillable cartridge or adapter, or does one need a completely different type of e-cigarette to use them? If so, what are they called?
    Here ya go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Innokin-Vers.../dp/B00QMDHWAU

I have one, and I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Unforunately, I have no idea what the Westside Vapor Starter Kit is. I googled it, and (I really am sorry to say it) but it looks like garbage.

If you are interested in looking into real vape kits, I can suggest you some effective setups that are not horrible on the wallet.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Here ya go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Innokin-Vers.../dp/B00QMDHWAU

I have one, and I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Unforunately, I have no idea what the Westside Vapor Starter Kit is. I googled it, and (I really am sorry to say it) but it looks like garbage.

If you are interested in looking into real vape kits, I can suggest you some effective setups that are not horrible on the wallet.
    Just a basic battery and few cartridges with it, as long as what you linked is compatible with it, I think it would do fairly well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also can't seem to find an American version of the one you linked =(

(but thanks for the quick reply btw, now I know they are out there I have a better idea of what to look for)

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank - http://www.myvaporstore.com/Uwell-Cr...nk-p/uwc20.htm

Power - http://www.myvaporstore.com/iPV-D2-7...4u-ipvd210.htm

This is the set up I have been using, and it has been great. It is not nearly as cheap as what you have. But I think the quality would likely be far superior. The one you have reminds me of the ones you can buy at a convenience store that look like a cigarette. I attempted to use those, but they just didn't do the trick. It felt like a waste of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't touch an e-cigarette with a 10 foot...no 100 foot pole. Seen a lot of news pieces and articles showing how they can blow up and do severe bodily harm....just like the "hoover" boards. Nope, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Wouldn't touch an e-cigarette with a 10 foot...no 100 foot pole. Seen a lot of news pieces and articles showing how they can blow up and do severe bodily harm....just like the "hoover" boards. Nope, no thanks.
    They're saying now that the e liquids can cause popcorn lung
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any cartridge-based E-Cig isn't going to be of any terribly high quality. You'll eventually want to upgrade to something with a tank unless you have refillable cartridges. Even then, they don't particularly work well, and usually go through coils much faster.

When you decide to upgrade to something with a tank and more easily replaceable coil, make sure it's "510 threaded", as that's what pretty much all of the major tanks and batteries use, even the really crazy ones.

Ive never been into them. Wish I could help. A few of my friends smoke them and really love them. They start talking about their pineapple butter crumb flavors and what not lol. I was camping and everyone had one but me. I never buy cigs except for when im camping. I might bum 1 every month or so if im out and friends have one. Well I was smoking my regular cig and they start joking about it and calling them "analogs". I thought it was funny and that's how I think of them now.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Meh, it's entirely wrong.
    http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/wp-content/...10185.acco.pdf
    That study shows that the juices have a maximum of 239 µg of Diacetyl per cartridge.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4137810/
    That study shows that there are popular brands of normal cigarettes with 433 μg of diacetyl per cigarette.

A cartridge is more than a cigarette, so if they cause popcorn lung, then so do cigarettes. Oh and popcorn lung requires *constant exposure* to Diacetyl. Not to mention these tests were done on cartridge ecigs, which are cheaper. Plenty of places you can ask if they use Diacetyl. I know the place that makes my ejuice doesn't.

Just some normal propaganda to keep the tobacco industry in business.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're saying now that the e liquids may cause popcorn lung
    The article that has been passed around on Facebook was not conclusive. Just like most of what has been published about it. But it is like a game of telephone. It starts with "might", and ends with "will".

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats from idiots using the wrong batteries and coils in unregulated mods. There is many horror stories, yes, but from individuals who dont know how to RTFM

Dont blame the mods, blame the idiots that use them.

I have been using a IPV D2 mod and a Aspire Atlantis V2 for a while and just picked up the Cleito tank, its awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is very sad. I have also heard a hand full of reports about devices that explode. The reasons I am aware of, are either faulty devices, or mishandled or mistreated devices.

When you are using a Rebuild-able Atomizer where you are making your own coils, you have to be very aware of what you are doing. It is not for the common person with absolutely no knowledge of how electric devices work. Some people just know that lower OHMs means more vapor. But they don't understand why. Less resistance, means the coils will heat up faster. The point to this is to not have to fire the device for so long, and you can take shorter hits instead of longer hits, and get the same vapor production. However, if you are running at say .2 OHMs and you are firing the device for 10-15 seconds, you will end up taxing the battery, and also heating up the coils beyond the safe point.

There is also maintenance and care that needs to be paid close attention to. Such as inspecting your batteries every time you charge or replace them. Venting, Denting, and such are high risk for danger. If you see a dimple in your battery, throw it away immediately.

There are a ton of things you need to be cautious of if you are not using a simple ready to use device. And even then, there are a few things on the list you should go through when using it to ensure it is in safe condition.

On top of all that, you also need to be cautious of where you buy your products from. Absolutely under no circumstance should you buy any clones from any Asian country, or eJuice for that matter. Only buy American made devices and eJuices.

7+ Year Old Account
    By "a lot" you mean like two or three? And even then, most of those were heavily modded setups where the user was at fault. But if you're really worried about something "blowing up", you should probably stay away from cordless tools and flashlights, not to mention homes with natural gas, automobiles, planes, etc.

This is based off of the discovery that some brands of e-liquid contain(ed) trace amounts of chemicals (primarily diacetyl) linked to the condition. What it doesn't tell you is that tobacco cigarettes has over 100 times the concentration of these chemicals in them.
    Link

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Thats from idiots using the wrong batteries and coils in unregulated mods. There is many horror stories, yes, but from individuals who dont know how to RTFM

Dont blame the mods, blame the idiots that use them.

I have been using a IPV D2 mod and a Aspire Atlantis V2 for a while and just picked up the Cleito tank, its awesome!
    Absolutely, this is, in less words, what I am saying.

Also, <3 the D2. It has been very good to me so far. Had a Cloupor T8 Dual Battery that lasted for days, but I love how compact the D2 is. Especially with an RDA on it. It makes it so tiny and less obnoxious to have in your pocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It depends if he wants subohm, VV, TC, etc.

I started with a standard CE4 which was fine, until I decided I wanted to replace the coil. Replacing the entire cartridge seemed excessive and the amount of liquid it held wasn't enough for an evening (I tend to chain vape when I'm at home on an evening). Then I moved up to an EGO and Kanger Protank 3. The problem with this was the middle pin on the battery depressed and while I was at a gig shortly after I'd bought it, I thought it'd broken because it was doing the flashing light thing. Turns out the connection on them is pretty unstable. The airflow was also really limited, so I added an airflow mod which improved airflow vastly, but didn't help with the pin issue.

Moved up to an eleaf 20W with VV still on the protank, and it was much better but flavour wasn't great as it's not a subohm tank. 1.8ohm coils also didn't do it for me. I never figured this out, but I often got dizzy while using this. It wasn't airflow or sensitivity to the ingredients or dehydration, so I suspect it was the temperature of the vape. I'd still recommend that box but with a different tank.

I've now moved on to a Kanger Subox Mini kit which fixes all the issues I had. It's by no means a cheap kit, but it's worth the money for decent flavour. I tried the RBA with single coil at ~0.5 ohm, then dual coil also at 0.5 ohm total. The problem with this is that even with a 3100mAh efest battery, the battery life was very poor. I switched in a 0.5ohm Kanger coil and voila, I can get almost a full day out of it.

With this tank, it holds enough so that I generally don't need to refill for the day. Flavour is pretty good, temperature controlled by wattage is wonderful, and build in airflow mod on the tank works for me. There is sometimes a little bit of leaking but it's never a huge amount. If I want to use high-VG mixes, I can also do that on this which wasn't possible with my previous mods. If I want to go dual, triple or god forbid quad-coil, then the option is there, although it'd be a tight squeeze for anything above dual.

Obviously, Kanger is a bit of a Marmite brand, you either love it or hate it, but I've found that they're overall not too bad.

As for juice, I currently stick almost exclusively with Vapable (UK, online). I've tried mixing my own but never quite got flavours I truly liked. I've never had any need to go elsewhere, though I wish they supplied 30-50ml bottles instead of only 10ml and 100ml. I would gladly consider other suppliers if anyone can recommend any, though I'd definitely prefer pre-steeped.
    I too love Kanger. I started with them, and felt their products were quite reliable.

As for Juice, http://whitelabeljuiceco.com/. Best prices I have ever seen. I bought their Cinnamon Roll flavor, and it is absolutely delicious.

Obvious bait is obvious. Next time try with a bait that actually has something to do with the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    This is based off of the discovery that some brands of e-liquid contain(ed) trace amounts of chemicals (primarily diacetyl) linked to the condition. What it doesn't tell you is that tobacco cigarettes has over 100 times the concentration of these chemicals in them.
    Also, you can make you own liquid if you really want to avoid certain chemicals and other things that may harm your health, which kills all dumb arguments about not using e-cig.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-01-20 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Also, you can make you own liquid if you really want to avoid certain chemicals and other things that may harm your health, which kills all dumb arguments about not using e-cig.
    Lets not forget that the general public is pretty lazy. By all rights, you can grow your own tobacco plants and roll your own cigarettes. But it is a process which people aren't interested in spending time doing. I doubt they would want to do the research and spend the time to mix up some juices.

Lets not forget that the general public is pretty lazy. By all rights, you can grow your own tobacco plants and roll your own cigarettes. But it is a process which people aren't interested in spending time doing. I doubt they would want to do the research and spend the time to mix up some juices.
    If I still smoked I would definitely roll my own. I did for a little while and I really enjoyed it. Used to smoke out of a pipe for that reason too. Growing it is just too much work tho lol.

Yes, but that's not why people like to thrash e-cig. It's just one of the things that's "mainsteam to thrash" or whatever. So people will keep doing it (without even bothering to research ofc).
    What's hilarious is that my brother was using e-cig for quite some time and this is his experience:
    1. Most non-smokers are okay with it if there isn't much smoke, since he always puts pineapple aroma or something like that. Sometimes they start complaining about passive smoking (which usually happened when my bro had his own liquid without harming chemicals or even nicotine in it, fun times)
    2. Most smokers are thrashing e-cig just for the sake of thrashing.

Edit: Also, non-smokers are more inclined to try the e-cig than the smokers. Hilarious.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-01-20 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious bait is obvious. Next time try with a bait that actually has something to do with the subject.

Excuse me? Bait? No...try goggling, research it...there have been several cases where this has indeed happened. I didn't realize we weren't free to express our opinion here on a subject....next time I will check with you before I speak.