View Poll Results: Who should Trump choose as his running mate?

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • Sarah Palin

17 37.78%
  • Ted Cruz

6 13.33%
  • Scott Brown

1 2.22%
  • Some other Republican no one really cares about

4 8.89%
  • A sandwich/other (describe below)

6 13.33%
  • Invalid question, his hairpiece is obviously his first choice as running mate

11 24.44%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who should Donald Trump choose as his running mate?

Welp, like it or not Trump is still leading in the Republican polls as we lead up to Super Tuesday. Who should be his VP running mate?

People who have expressed interest include Jesse Ventura. Ted Cruz, and Scott Brown.

Personally I'd choose Sarah Palin for the lolz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Sarah Palin, just to add to the hilarity.

Wait, shit, Jesse Ventura is an option?! So many good choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Welp, like it or not Trump is still leading in the Republican polls as we lead up to Super Tuesday. Who should be his VP running mate?

People who have expressed interest include Jesse Ventura. Ted Cruz, and Scott Brown.

Depends on if you are one of those who want him to lose extremely badly or just badly (while believing he can win). I'm in the first group so I hope he chooses Cruz. Democrats will have a fair chance at taking back the house if he does.

I have no clue. I can't imagine any politician actually accepting his request for VP. Maybe Ted Cruz, but I think he'd rather sit in the Senate for another 4 years and wait to run again than tarnish his reputation further by being on a losing ticket.

Palin. Every Maverick needs his Goose.

I am not sure on who he should choose specifically, but I do hope it is someone who balances out his image. Ideally a person that can be seen as caring and more down to earth. We don't have a good recent history of likable vice presidents (Gore, Cheney, and Biden) so having one that was charismatic would be nice.

As for their actual credentials, balancing out his business knowledge with their knowledge in another important field such as the military or foreign affairs would be the ideal. Yeah he can stock his cabinet with good people, but the vice president rounding him out would be better in my opinion.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

He should Pick Hillary Clinton

Skelator, obviously. "you orange fool!"

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He should Pick Hillary Clinton
    That brings up an interesting (albeit it ridiculous) thought. If Trump wins the R primary and Sanders loses the D primary, how many minds would be blown over a Trump/Sanders ticket? I know it would never happen but it is an interesting concept. Would that increase or decrease Trump's chances to beat Clinton?
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

~Yiddish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    I am not sure on who he should choose specifically, but I do hope it is someone who balances out his image. Ideally a person that can be seen as caring and more down to earth. We don't have a good recent history of likable vice presidents (Gore, Cheney, and Biden) so having one that was charismatic would be nice.

As for their actual credentials, balancing out his business knowledge with their knowledge in another important field such as the military or foreign affairs would be the ideal. Yeah he can stock his cabinet with good people, but the vice president rounding him out would be better in my opinion.
    I feel like an entrenched politician might detract from his image of being a change of pace from the established political class. That being said, Paul Ryan might be a good option as he has somewhat of a libertarian/maverick streak that might appeal to that voter base.

Surprised Mike Huckabee didn't have a better go in the polls this election season, he seems like the type of politician that would be appealing to Southern voters/the religious right.

- - - Updated - - -

That brings up an interesting (albeit it ridiculous) thought. If Trump wins the R primary and Sanders loses the D primary, how many minds would be blown over a Trump/Sanders ticket? I know it would never happen but it is an interesting concept. Would that increase or decrease Trump's chances to beat Clinton?
    In an alternate universe you know there is a Trump/Sanders ticket somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Palin. Every Maverick needs his Goose.
    This. Completely this.

I feel like an entrenched politician might detract from his image of being a change of pace from the established political class. That being said, Paul Ryan might be a good option as he has somewhat of a libertarian/maverick streak that might appeal to that voter base.

Surprised Mike Huckabee didn't have a better go in the polls this election season, he seems like the type of politician that would be appealing to Southern voters/the religious right.

- - - Updated - - -

In an alternate universe you know there is a Trump/Sanders ticket somewhere.
    I can see Paul Ryan, he did really well in the VP debates in 2012. Made Biden look like a super villian (not a hard thing to do though ).

As for the alternate reality, what I wouldn't give for a portal stone and the ability to use it just to see the outcome of that race!
    ~Vernon Howard

~Yiddish Proverb

10+ Year Old Account

No one that would balance out Donald Trump would be his running mate.

You can't counter "crazy" with "not crazy," because "not crazy" would never choose to run with crazy.

No, someone like Sarah Palin, a measure of bat-shit insane around that of Trump, is who he'd have to get to run with him, because they're the only person who would.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Like most other contexts, the conventional wisdom doesn't apply to Trump. He could pick Ivanka and I wouldn't be surprised (she'd be 35 by Inauguration Day, no?). Don't know if he could play it straight even if he wanted to, he has burnt a number of bridges.

Of course, people who would be conventional wisdom choices have been burning bridges too. Like, conventional wisdom would tell a Trump or Cruz or Rubio campaign to pick popular Ohio governor John Kasich to get Ohio, but Kasich has been such a venomous douche toward most of the others in the GOP field, how can they ask him?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No one that would balance out Donald Trump would be his running mate.

You can't counter "crazy" with "not crazy," because "not crazy" would never choose to run with crazy.

No, someone like Sarah Palin, a measure of bat-shit insane around that of Trump, is who he'd have to get to run with him, because they're the only person who would.
    I wager instead of doing something "crazy" he does something pretty reasonable like picks a VP that he thinks will help him get an edge over either Clinton or Sanders. I mean call me crazy but that sounds exactly like something he would do. As for them accepting, yeah pretty sure that pretty much anyone that would give him an edge over Clinton or Sanders would accept. Believe it or not he is a pretty important person and typically does get what he wants (although I doubt he will be getting the presidency).
    ~Vernon Howard

~Yiddish Proverb

7+ Year Old Account
    I can see Paul Ryan, he did really well in the VP debates in 2012. Made Biden look like a super villian (not a hard thing to do though ).

As for the alternate reality, what I wouldn't give for a portal stone and the ability to use it just to see the outcome of that race!
    Ryan did well? Oh I see we are discussing alternate realities Carry on.

Hillary Clinton, Then watch as every ones head explodes.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I can almost feel the potential combo hurting my IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Ryan did well? Oh I see we are discussing alternate realities Carry on.
    I thought he did fantastic in the one I saw, he was down to earth and reasonable sounding while Biden was turning red and had veins popping out while he shook like a mental patient. To be fair when you see a person acting like Biden did I suppose you could falsely assume the one not acting like he needed a straight jacket was doing well *shrugs*.
    ~Vernon Howard

~Yiddish Proverb