Thread: The Division

I have been level 30 for 3 days, my gear is ok for only having crafted one thing so far.

I just wish farming hard mode missions was a bit harder because its like a hot knife through butter and you can come away with 0 or at best probably 3 purple items, and I know those don't mean much but they break down and sell better.

The DZ is fun to farm if you have a group but as well all know the rogue system is broken and there is no pvp to spice it up there for I much more enjoy doing mission runs I wish there was a middle ground between Hard (ridiculously easy to out gear with just 1 day of being level 30) and Challenging (ridiculously high gear check that will take some time to grind out) Challenge mode tactics are just cheese stun and LoSing into chaining CDs, it looks more fun to do them once you are really geared cause then you don't need these tactics.

Going forward I think they will need to develop some sort of in fight mechanics and it would be nice to see missions with multiple bosses.

Over all I am enjoying the game but the grind at the end is kind of meh right now, I am all for grinding out some min/max stats its just there is no good way to do that solo and the friends I was playing with are playing a lot less then I have since launch =S

I look forward to the patches and DLC content, and I really think some squad v squad pvp games would be very fun in this game with some normalized pvp stat kits.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I got the lvl 50 blueprints, and they are all bad because you need 3 golden Division techs.
    You can't upgrade blue division tech into golden ones, which means you'll only be able to craft ~10-15 items before you run out and have to farm something that is extremely rare.
    Pretty much this ^

I have no idea why you can't craft HE Division tech with the blue ones (I have over 100 hoping for it to be implemented). I was 56 DZ Rank with something like a total of 20 HE farmed now I am down to 5 after re-rolling a chest 3 times and crafting two items for my twink. It's really just a complete RNG grind which players aren't attracted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Id love a few more ammo box's in the darkzone not in safezones. Cant tell u how many times iv run out of ammo.
    Definitely annoying, but technically you could swap out for the Ammo Station or the "30 primary ammo from sidearm kill" talent if push comes to shove. Ammo station is probably the better idea. I think the intention though, was you were supposed to run as a squad in DZ and/or its supposed to be inconvenient to be alone. More annoying to me is being stuck "in combat" with seemingly nothing and unable to enter the checkpoint to restock.

Do you really need different mods for them to stack? Because I could swear my 320k AK crits are only possible with 2x trapper. I say you can run 4x the same mod if you wish to do so.
    I don't really know, it's just that when using the same mod multiple times you only see one buff, so I'm not really sure if the same mod buff stacks. I'll test it later today.

Has anyone figured out yet weather it is optimal to go for mod slots or CHC / CHD or other major attributes? If you roll every mod slot available you could potentially gain around 800-1000 Firearms with other minor rolls on the mods (Health / CHC / Armor / ?

Not sure about the CHC / CHD numbers without looking though, it's probably around 20-30% CHC and 70% CHD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Definitely annoying, but technically you could swap out for the Ammo Station or the "30 primary ammo from sidearm kill" talent if push comes to shove. Ammo station is probably the better idea. I think the intention though, was you were supposed to run as a squad in DZ and/or its supposed to be inconvenient to be alone. More annoying to me is being stuck "in combat" with seemingly nothing and unable to enter the checkpoint to restock.
    I've found the Ammo Station to be by far my favourite ability while soloing in DZ. Mixed with skill-duration on kill/cooldown on headshot it's up constantly and gives you practically infinite ammo, decent healing, ability to revive yourself and acts as a decoy if anything gets close.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

50 hours in and I'm already bored/annoyed.

I don't really like the gear grind in this game. Hell, I enjoyed Destiny more than I did this game and I don't really like Destiny. There is way too much RNG with gear in this game. They took a Diablo route with gear where gear has "rolls". I don't think that Diablo style of loot works well in games like this.. Oh well, I think I got my money worth though.. 50 hours is pretty good IMO.. Besides I can always come back when they have raids and what not since it's not subscription based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    I have been level 30 for 3 days, my gear is ok for only having crafted one thing so far.

I just wish farming hard mode missions was a bit harder because its like a hot knife through butter and you can come away with 0 or at best probably 3 purple items, and I know those don't mean much but they break down and sell better.
    Hard mode missions are for Phoenix Credits.

Hard mode General Assembly is for purples; you're guaranteed like 8. There's two named bosses that drop 2 each, and the final battle drops 4.

Hit lvl.13 and taking my first trips into the Dark Zone and its not been the pvpgankfest ive heard but man the enemies respawns can really mess with you Fun stuff though.

That said i have run into the usual "Guy who waits till the extraction then fires a sticky under it" but a roll deals with that, they go rogue then you nuke them and get their stuff too.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-03-18 at 02:38 PM.

Game is a lotta fun with buddies but alone it's very meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlissyFauntson View Post
    This^.

I like playing with my one friend..... we just reached level 30 a day ago so will soon run to the DZ to try get gear.... I bought that AK thingy from the advanced weapons vendor. Will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by AlissyFauntson View Post
    Yeah I agree with this. I wouldn't say playing alone is meh, but its not nearly as fun. When you're mowing down missions or the DZ with a group of buddies, its an absolute blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrowAwayForAReason View Post
    50 hours in and I'm already bored/annoyed.
    At least you got your moneys worth.

Deleted
    Vectors damage is disgusting..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Vectors damage is disgusting..
    I just swapped from a purple Navy MP5 to a high-end Vector I crafted (crap talents, need more weapon parts), and the damage is great but not THAT much better than the MP5. And it's less stable, even with the same mods.

Don't get me wrong; I like the Vector, but a big part of what makes it great is the +crit chance all SMGs get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I just swapped from a purple Navy MP5 to a high-end Vector I crafted (crap talents, need more weapon parts), and the damage is great but not THAT much better than the MP5. And it's less stable, even with the same mods.

Don't get me wrong; I like the Vector, but a big part of what makes it great is the +crit chance all SMGs get.
    I went from the Cerberus to the vector and my overall dps is miles higher. The only benefit the Cerberus has is the heal on headshot, but having 1 x% HP on kill on a piece of armour pretty much removes the need for it.

Char atm :

Hoping theres a decent DMR yellow recipe soon thats not DZ rank 50.

Edit - Idk why the image goes so bad quality when you use the imgur large setting...
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-03-18 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    snip
    What attachments are you using on the Vector?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konahh View Post
    What attachments are you using on the Vector?
    Scope : Red dot 17% headshot dmg/17% accuracy
    Mag : 93.5% mag size/35% crit dmg
    Underbarrel : 27.5% hipfire/18% accuracy
    Barrel : 30% horizontal stability/31% crit dmg

Pretty bad attachements imo but working on yellow ones atm, my mag is the only thing I like.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-03-18 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Overall DPS as in actual tested DPS or just sheet DPS? Because sheet dps is honestly worthless depending on what talents the weapon has at what spot and so on.

I don't like the Vector so much personally, just like all the other SMGs. The effective range is horrible and while the +20-25% crit is great, the recoil and accuracy is horrible.

Deleted
    I don't like the Vector so much personally, just like all the other SMGs. The effective range is horrible and while the +20-25% crit is great, the recoil and accuracy is horrible.
    Thing is, you can carry 2 weapons, so having 1 close range gun and 1 medium/long ranged gun makes sense. Lets assume you use an SMG for short ranged encounters, you still have a long ranged weapon slot. Between an SMG and a shotgun, ill take the SMG everytime.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-03-18 at 05:17 PM.