Thread: The Division

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm still hoping for a deep sale at some point given that the population has cratered. I enjoyed what I played of it during the beta, but given all the issues they've had since the game launched I'm not to keep on spending full price (or really, even half) for it : /
    ill buy the season pass if it gets cut in half....otherwise i wont bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm still hoping for a deep sale at some point given that the population has cratered. I enjoyed what I played of it during the beta, but given all the issues they've had since the game launched I'm not to keep on spending full price (or really, even half) for it : /
    Yeah i can call an ubisoft game bad every other release but this is one i would actively dissuade trying to jump into now. I made a new character just to try and find some fun but the 'dungeon' ques for the leveling stuff are damn near infinite, the dark zone has every entrance camped by teams just picking off people entering for the first time for DZ keys and a new player would get a very clear "you missed the window, you aren't welcome" experience from this game. The people that got to the best gear first rule the roost, can't reach their level because they kick you from group finders for not being geared, cant enter the darkzone at all if you havent already got the gear and DZ level to buy gear to begin with. If you did not play at launch and have a character thats already geared up the shrinking userbase of dickheads are not going to keep this game afloat much longer and by the sounds of it Massive themselves is not in a good way, though its possible its another "prey 2" scenario like what Bethesda did with that studio. Let them bomb to buy up all their work and fire them rather than pay them.

I just feel sorry for the people that bought the season pass.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah i can call an ubisoft game bad every other release but this is one i would actively dissuade trying to jump into now. I made a new character just to try and find some fun but the 'dungeon' ques for the leveling stuff are damn near infinite, the dark zone has every entrance camped by teams just picking off people entering for the first time for DZ keys and a new player would get a very clear "you missed the window, you aren't welcome" experience from this game. The people that got to the best gear first rule the roost, can't reach their level because they kick you from group finders for not being geared, cant enter the darkzone at all if you havent already got the gear and DZ level to buy gear to begin with. If you did not play at launch and have a character thats already geared up the shrinking userbase of dickheads are not going to keep this game afloat much longer and by the sounds of it Massive themselves is not in a good way, though its possible its another "prey 2" scenario like what Bethesda did with that studio. Let them bomb to buy up all their work and fire them rather than pay them.

I just feel sorry for the people that bought the season pass.
    Yeah Massive pretty consistently allowed advantages for the early birds, only to over nerf it later on.
    MacroStyles vid on gearing up solo explained it pretty well. Not sure if it has been linked yet, will put it here anyway...

To bold : Yeah same, even the unique events seemed to be tacked on and last minute.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually uninstalled the division recently. i'l have to check it out in 6months and see whats going on in there, but i'm pretty dissapointed with its retention ability. they messed up endgame pretty badly imo...
    Hi

Yeah I did as well. I set it down after the first 3-4 weeks and expected to come back to it by now, but none of the patch notes make it seem like they've fixed any of the core issues. Instead they punted by letting you play random dungeons generated by your main base so you don't have to deal with the cancer that is DZ. Maybe if they had bothered to fix the core gameplay loop instead of letting people just brute-force through content, things might be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    The disc drive on my XB1 died a few months back. I will not be repurchasing this game as digital. I just can't give Ubisoft any more money.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long Ubisoft can keep up with releasing games in the mediocre state they are. Looking at their Steam reviews (yes... I know, there's more beyond Steam...) the majority of their releases of the past 4 years are rated average or bad.
    http://store.steampowered.com/search...lisher=Ubisoft

I haven't played Division in weeks. Their 1.4 revamp, re-envision, or redemption something something patch is a thing I'll definitely try but until that I'm playing other games.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Assassin's Creed break is indicative they might be toning it down a little.

It would seem they realized the games selling like shit due to yearly release burnout and bugs hurts their shareholders more than infrequent releases.

I think they have to. Its not exactly hyperbole to say the Ubisoft name is kind of the bottom of the barrel in terms of 'triple A' studios. EA has a reputation for being horrible anti consumer suits but their games arent consistently infamous for being broken horrible messes on every platform. The fact that there is now a genre name called "Ubishit" to describe an open world map where you go to points to do one of 5 or 6 tasks on repeat to complete the map while dealing with expected crippling bugs shows how bad their reputation is at this point. Theres always going to be some die hards but personally the division was the first ubisoft game i bought since beyond good and evil and honestly? not going to buy another. It just kind of reaffirms that -while they may be able to salvage the division- i have no expectations for a new ubisoft title that has the term 'open world' attached to be anything but the aforementioned "Ubishit" at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think they have to. Its not exactly hyperbole to say the Ubisoft name is kind of the bottom of the barrel in terms of 'triple A' studios. EA has a reputation for being horrible anti consumer suits but their games arent consistently infamous for being broken horrible messes on every platform. The fact that there is now a genre name called "Ubishit" to describe an open world map where you go to points to do one of 5 or 6 tasks on repeat to complete the map while dealing with expected crippling bugs shows how bad their reputation is at this point. Theres always going to be some die hards but personally the division was the first ubisoft game i bought since beyond good and evil and honestly? not going to buy another. It just kind of reaffirms that -while they may be able to salvage the division- i have no expectations for a new ubisoft title that has the term 'open world' attached to be anything but the aforementioned "Ubishit" at this point.
    To be utterly fair, The Division doesn't have those particular issues (though I fully agree with the general gist; I used to be a massive AC fan, and this nonsense and poor writing got me to go from insta-pre-order to abandoning the series completely); the collectibles they do have are all lore items, not just one of 200 flags or whatever, and they're mostly fairly "smartly" hidden or appropriately tied-in to their surroundings. They're not just randomly seeded across the map.

That's my big issue with The Division; the base was there for a fantastic game, but they haven't delivered on endgame at this point, for me. Particularly as I'd prefer playing solo, or at least having worthwhile content to grind at solo; the DZ is murder as a solo player, and the Underground, I can handle Hard but anything above that isn't feasible, and even if you COULD grind away, it wouldn't be worth the time investment anyway.

The 1-30 game is great, and clearing all the zones feels worthwhile (to me). It's everything past that which I have an issue with.

I would have just liked more city to explore in single player. They sell you this quarantined micro societal collapse in a setting very similar to DMZ, my favourite comic book series after Hellboy, and you want to go explore a snowy central park or a subway network that actually connects and maybe lets you explore those dead stations that have been shut down for like a century.

Maybe if it had a little more of an urbex influence than 'destiny but 3rd person'.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is they need to make some pretty fundamental changes in their restart or whatever they are calling this new initiative.

The biggest one for me is that solo needs to be able to push higher into underground ACTUALLY SOLO. I would enjoy if there were solo modes for everything (probably never going to happen), but underground at least needs it. What I mean by that is right now, solo can't realistically push into heroic (most can't even push into challenge) entirely solo. Every build, every video, etc., you see of someone "soloing" Heroic underground missions are people STACKED with gear they farmed in Incursions and Dark Zone. Things solo players can't get (Incursion sets), or things that are absurdly difficult (if not impossible) for solo players to get (Supply Drops in DZ6).

So underground (or the loot in the underground) needs to be tailored so one thing leads to the next leads to the next. Gear from normal should allow you to do hard, gear from hard should allow you to do challenge, etc. I don't care if it is super difficult, but right now it is entirely impossible to solo push into them without farming group content and not just getting the sets, but getting good rolls of the sets.

---

That and they need to just improve loot in general. It requires far too much time and effort to get loot for 99.99999% of it to be such utter shit. And that remaining .00001% that isn't utter shit isn't even good... Its mediocre. This is a game entirely about loot. You should, occasionally at the very least, see some god drops and go "wow that piece of gear is really fucking good!" That doesn't happen in The Division. The best you can hope for is "meh, that piece isn't absolute dog shit..."

I'm still waiting for the game to get around $20 or so before picking it up. Given their cratered player numbers (at least on Steam) and the ongoing problems they're still having with the game, I'm surprised it hasn't gone on deeper sale yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The biggest one for me is that solo needs to be able to push higher into underground ACTUALLY SOLO. I would enjoy if there were solo modes for everything (probably never going to happen), but underground at least needs it. What I mean by that is right now, solo can't realistically push into heroic (most can't even push into challenge) entirely solo. Every build, every video, etc., you see of someone "soloing" Heroic underground missions are people STACKED with gear they farmed in Incursions and Dark Zone.
    And it's worse than that; it's the kind of thing you'd only ever do to challenge yourself. It's SO slow to kill things, and you have to abuse glitchy behaviour, that it's just not worth bothering with, in terms of normal gameplay, even if you CAN in theory do it. It's like saying you can play just using your secondary weapon; you CAN, but it's not something you do effectively.

I don't have an issue with solo being somewhat less rewarding than group content, for time invested, but it needs to be a reasonable alternative IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading the 1.4 updates i actually installed and bought Underground. For a random dungeon generator its actually kinda good. The rewards imo are also pretty consistent. Managed to go up from 186 to 209 in an afternoon, and got a 4 set B.L.I.N.D. Armor.

so... I've been doing some googling, with no success... is there a release date for 1.4 on PS4 yet? and if yes, what is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so... I've been doing some googling, with no success... is there a release date for 1.4 on PS4 yet? and if yes, what is it?
    Nah. Word is they are aiming mid october but i'd wager more like late october.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Nah. Word is they are aiming mid october but i'd wager more like late october.
    ah. thank you guess it will give me more time to play Rise of the tomb raider to death :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried the patch on the test servers?

I'm curious. I'd definitely give it a shot but I'm too busy with WoW & Job. (And Forza.)
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    how does the content work in this game ? its an mmo but unlike other buy to play titles it has dlc model. and those dlcs arent cosmetic but actually introduce new content (dungeons, please elaborate on this too), which means it is not available for people who have only basic game without dlc ? am i getting this right ?

i bought this game without dlcs in april, played couple of weeks and got bored. what is there for me available if i came back today with only the basic game ?

this whole dlc model for an mmo is a bad bad decision, it separates people. dont u agree ?
    Last edited by Proskill; 2016-10-15 at 05:53 PM.