Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Noomi definitely can be considered ugly. I find her weirdly attractive but that's another thing The Rogue One actress seems to be the typical "try hard" strong female character. No charisma so writers need to give her cheesy lines to make her look tough, like: "I rebel". I just know it wont work and it makes me sad.
    I honestly haven't seen enough of her to make a fair judgment. One fight scene, one cheesy line aren't enough imo.
    SW and their characters survived (and sometimes became favourites) despite cheesy lines. So wait n see!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dunno what books your counting? Im not including the childrens books. I get the EU comics when i find them for cheap. Iv been focusing on the novels moreso than the graphic novels or comics, though i do have a handfull of the comic omnibus's. I am very close to finishing the collection. I reakon by octoboer as long as i dont get fired ill have it rounded out.

I would have been happy if they had tried to go along with the eu. There was NO reason to just trash 20 years of storyline. Yes some of it was out of wack and didnt fall in, but either rewrites or just retcon those novels would not have been hard. Fuck imagine how much money disney could have made pushing all those books, got in good with parrents pushing the read these shit. Printed up collections and omnibus's. Now its a laughable storyline with more holes than the book holes.
    Last time I counted my brother's attic there was 170 books up there. And over 400 comics (althought one serie of comics can have up to 25 books)
    Anyway the point is that the EU is far from perfect and if Disney would have taken let's for the sake of it "Thrawn" and made a trilogy out of it. If by any means they would have failed somewhere (casting, transfer from book -> movie) it would have been the end.
    "You ruined Dinsey, bring back Lucas, Disney you suck" and all the Bullshit you can imagine.

For example you say you would have loved to see it, I assume you mean well done. Would you also have loved it if they destroyed your fav story? I don't think so.
    And that's what they avoided by disregarding the EU.
    They will make loads of money that's not an issue. Heck they already made 2billion out of TFA.
    The storyline has hardly started... You can't compare 20years versus a few months ... That is just silly tho. Plotholes can be fixed with other books, stand alones, comics, games. Just give them time. It's not comparable yet.

For example you say you would have loved to see it, I assume you mean well done. Would you also have loved it if they destroyed your fav story? I don't think so.
    And that's what they avoided by disregarding the EU.
    They will make loads of money that's not an issue. Heck they already made 2billion out of TFA.
    The storyline has hardly started... You can't compare 20years versus a few months ... That is just silly tho. Plotholes can be fixed with other books, stand alones, comics, games. Just give them time. It's not comparable yet.
    The storyline had 3 years to propigate. And the books out there are mediorce and the cartoons are for children. The first major movie while it sold heaps was a mediocre movie as well with a meh storyline.

Id much rather them have tried and people not be happy than to just do thier own thing and have it be of such shit quality as it is. Right now starwars just sells cus it has the starwars logo and thats the cool thing to be a fan of right now. No one stops to think about the details of the star wars shit.

Why hasnt incom made a new line starfighter?
    Why hasnt sienar fleet systems made a new fighter that isnt the tie fighter?
    Why could the falcon just ignore gravity well mechanics while the starwars movies had to obey them?

simple shit like that. but right now everyone is like WOOO STARWARS SO COOOOOOOOOL. LIGHTSABERS AND LAZER GUNS WOOOO WOMEN ACTORS WOOO.

also on the books, if you lump in the childrens books there is that much but like i said im ignoring those. The ones featuring obiwan and qui gon along with the ones featuring the solo twins. Ill eventually get them but im worried about main novels first.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2016-04-08 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    So another movie with a young female lead vs some oppressive government.

Sounds like another YA novel.
    Yes, because Star Wars have always been about how awesome is the Galactic Empire, isn'it ?

The storyline had 3 years to propigate. And the books out there are mediorce and the cartoons are for children. The first major movie while it sold heaps was a mediocre movie as well with a meh storyline.
    Can't take the rest of what you said seriously when you say the books are mediocre and the cartoons are for children. Those are so wrong.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Id much rather them have tried and people not be happy than to just do thier own thing and have it be of such shit quality as it is. Right now starwars just sells cus it has the starwars logo and thats the cool thing to be a fan of right now. No one stops to think about the details of the star wars shit.

Why could the falcon just ignore gravity well mechanics while the starwars movies had to obey them?

simple shit like that. but right now everyone is like WOOO STARWARS SO COOOOOOOOOL. LIGHTSABERS AND LAZER GUNS WOOOO WOMEN ACTORS WOOO.
    Rebels did brought into canon the Interdictor

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Can't take the rest of what you said seriously when you say the books are mediocre and the cartoons are for children. Those are so wrong.
    The cartoon where darth maul came back to life with spider legs? Sorry but thats the most retarded shit iv ever seen. Make the republic commando series into a anime or cartoon then compare and come talk to me about which are children then.

Was not blown away. Dont like the actress, dont like the look.

And are those ATAT a different design than those on hoth? How the fuck is the empire/sith what have you always able to redesign and produce massive weapons of war in like a years time. I want a "How its Made: Star Wars" episode.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Rebels did brought into canon the Interdictor
    So the falcon can just ignore these mechanics and jump into the atmosphere of a planet?

So the falcon can just ignore these mechanics and jump into the atmosphere of a planet?
    no the planet pulled it out of hyperspace. or did you not watch the movie?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account

also on the books, if you lump in the childrens books there is that much but like i said im ignoring those. The ones featuring obiwan and qui gon along with the ones featuring the solo twins. Ill eventually get them but im worried about main novels first.
    To go from concept to widely used usually takes around 20 years. For planes. I'd imagine development times on space ships that will be incredibly wide spread are somewhat more extensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Was not blown away. Dont like the actress, dont like the look.

And are those ATAT a different design than those on hoth? How the fuck is the empire/sith what have you always able to redesign and produce massive weapons of war in like a years time. I want a "How its Made: Star Wars" episode.
    id assume most are modular and have different hardpoints. What you saw in the movies and what was available are 2 different things. Youv only seen about 4% of the tie variants in the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    To go from concept to widely used usually takes around 20 years. For planes. I'd imagine development times on space ships that will be incredibly wide spread are somewhat more extensive.
    It takes 20 years for us. There they have almost entire planets devoted to manufacturing. The ewing had become much prevaliant in the eu cannon by that time. And no one used a fucking tie fighter ever in that time in the eu.

The cartoon where darth maul came back to life with spider legs? Sorry but thats the most retarded shit iv ever seen. Make the republic commando series into a anime or cartoon then compare and come talk to me about which are children then.
    There were several Republic Commando arcs in clone wars. Darth Maul was never dead. so they didn't have to bring him back.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

There were several Republic Commando arcs in clone wars. Darth Maul was never dead. so they didn't have to bring him back.
    he was cut in half and fell down a massive exhaust chute. he died. but the cartoon revived him because he was "cool" And the republic commando book arc shits all over the cartoon. Go read it and be surprised.

id assume most are modular and have different hardpoints. What you saw in the movies and what was available are 2 different things. Youv only seen about 4% of the tie variants in the movies.
    Based on what? Dont say EU stuff.

he was cut in half and fell down a massiv exaust chute. he died. but the cartoon revived him because he was "cool" And the republic commando book arc shits all over the cartoon. Go read it and be suprised.
    Have you ever heard of the force?

Sidious kept alive after being electricuted to fuck. Vader kept alive after all his limbs chopped off and being lit on fire. Yoda, Qui Gon, Anikin kept alive through the force even after death.

Those are all cannon without going into even new or old EU stuff.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2016-04-08 at 12:27 AM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

he was cut in half and fell down a massive exhaust chute. he died. but the cartoon revived him because he was "cool" And the republic commando book arc shits all over the cartoon. Go read it and be surprised.
    The books that were so canon that they were un-canon-ized before the EU removal...

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever heard of the force?
    So what he used the Force to keep his intestines from falling out while falling? To say nothing of the sudden stop at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I feel it odd to complain about Darth Maul when in the EU,Palpatine cloned himself several hundred times...

So what he used the Force to keep his intestines from falling out while falling? To say nothing of the sudden stop at the end.
    The force could certainly help the sudden stop.

You underestimate the power of the dark side of the force. There are many abilities the dark side can grant you but you cannot learn them from a jedi.
    Gamdwelf the Mage