Deleted
    Sorry. But how is Mythic+ not a race against time? The quicker you clear it, the more loot you get. If the timer runs out, it's RIP Keystone.

I agree that DK's will be great for Mythic+ though.

Deleted
    I could be a full retard here or just blind but i cant seem to find any info on what talents we should take as blood on the pre patch could someone enlighten me to what we should take

thank you

I wouldn't say "full retard" but you clearly didn't search the thread because it's been posted ad nauseum.

Heartbreaker, Rapid Decomposition, Ossuary, Red Thirst, (Tightening Grasp or other as needed), Foul Bulwark, Bonestorm/Purgatory depending on content

Deleted
    i did look though a few pages just failed to see them and a few other posts. ive been playing around with blood drinker and mark for blood today and i find them very nice i understand blood drinker is kinda bad for its cd but mark for blood if you are tanking a lot of the time will do a nice amount of healing if your healers are not keeping you at full hp of course

Deleted
    We just had this discussion. Mark of Blood does a pitiful amount of healing, while Red Thirst causes your Death Strikes to reduce the cooldown on our strongest defensive ability. There is no competition there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Sorry. But how is Mythic+ not a race against time? The quicker you clear it, the more loot you get. If the timer runs out, it's RIP Keystone.

In the sense that the time requirements appeared to be quite lax compared to CMs and since your gear won't be flattened, you'll continue to clear them faster as you get upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post

It's not really a big deal if you clear them faster or not. All that matters is you complete them in time. If you complete them too fast you have the possibility of having your key jump up 2-3 levels, to the point that you might not be able to clear them. Whereas if you just continue to get +1, you have a more gradual approach. Also if the timer runs out you don't really lose your keystone, you just have to actually complete it within the timer before it becomes active again.

All in all keystones don't really matter because at the very least, if you have a 5 man group, you'll be cycling through each individual keystone anyway until you hit a wall. Then it's go onto the next persons down the list as you work that keystone back up, getting gear in the meantime.

I have a hard time believing that DKs won't be in the top echelon of mythic+ tanks. While we probably don't have the most utility (by number) as other tanks, we still probably maintain the most useful utility in a CM format. Ranged interrupts, single and AoE grips are probably the most useful utility for a format like dungeons. It really doesn't matter if other tanks bring more stuns, for the most part being able to pull cleanly and quickly is more sought after.

I've heard necrotic is a bad affix for us because it eats boneshield pretty fast, but skittish affix can be a problem for some of the other tanks from what I've heard. Our AoE damage/threat is both high and has essentially zero ramp up, making that affix not as bad for us. Also tank DPS matters a lot, and I think that we are one the highest ones at 110, especially in a dungeon where we will be able to use more heart strike (especially if your other members run with some AoE stuns).

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    How are you guys planning to spend your Artifact Power?

Im realy realy torn between my blood DK (main in WOLK and CATA) and my WoD Prot warrior, im feeling more at home with my DK.

Pros Only
    DK:
    * Im feeling more at home, the rotation (priority ofc) feels good.
    * Mobility SUCKS! we have 1 CD (Wraith Walk) and the CD is way to long.
    * AoE tanking feels more solid to me, DnD + Blood Plague + heartstrike for cleave

Warrior:
    * Im liking sword and board playstyle more
    * I Feel like Ignore Pain is a better Absorbtion that our blood shield + they have shield block
    * A lot better movement with heroic leap and intervine.

- more keys to use (my hands start to hurt, yes im old (: )

Ive narrowed it down from 5 classes to these two and now I cant get any further

Since Im going to play mostly mythic+ with friends do we have any reports on how the Blood DK perfoms on higher levels?
    Last edited by futei; 2016-08-08 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by futei View Post
    Im realy realy torn between my blood DK (main in WOLK and CATA) and my WoD Prot warrior, im feeling more at home with my DK.

Pros Only
    DK:
    * Im feeling more at home, the rotation (priority ofc) feels good.
    * Mobility SUCKS! we have 1 CD (Wraith Walk) and the CD is way to long.
    * AoE tanking feels more solid to me, DnD + Blood Plague + heartstrike for cleave

Warrior:
    * Im liking sword and board playstyle more
    * I Feel like Ignore Pain is a better Absorbtion that our blood shield + they have shield block
    * A lot better movement with heroic leap and intervine.

- more keys to use (my hands start to hurt, yes im old (: )

Ive narrowed it down from 5 classes to these two and now I cant get any further

Since Im going to play mostly mythic+ with friends do we have any reports on how the Blood DK perfoms on higher levels?
    You're essentially at the same place I am. Main'd DK in Wrath and Cata before I stopped playing, and boosted a Warrior for WoD.

Choosing between the two is very tricky atm. Blood is fun though, and my only gripe is lack of mobility. War tanking is more boring compared to Blood imo, save for the ability to charge and leap all over the field.

I also get to scratch my need for a big 2h using DPS class a bit with Blood, and I can't do that at all as Prot.

I asked the same question as you a couple days ago, and so far all reports are great for Mythic+. That's a big req for me as well since that may end up being my endgame in the event my guild of RL friends doesn't get it's act together, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KAMBO1431 View Post
    How are you guys planning to spend your Artifact Power?
    Check the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by futei View Post
    we have 1 CD (Wraith Walk) and the CD is way to long.
    Can we please stop with this "CD is way too long" thing about Wraith Walk? It is a 45 second CD, which is pretty short. If you want to complain about the duration, then go ahead--but don't complain about something that isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    Alright, thanks.

Unending thirst is really bad right? In beta at 110 my blood shield absorbs maybe 1 auto attack and that talent requires you to spam death strike which is bad. Just curious why this is the best path.

I THINK Unending Thirst used to apply the shield before the damage, but they changed it so the damage is first again now. Either way, You take it mainly because Vamp Fangs and Rattling Bones are the best perks with Bonebreaker and All-consuming Rot being alright themselves. Then you take UT for bonus damage on your Death Strikes when you do them back to back, especially if you spike down in health for some reason. The leech won't be all that but it is actually really good when you aren't the current tank during the raid fight.

Unending Thirst isn't terribly good. We take it because it's "on the way" of our roundabout path to Umbilicus Eternus and it is better than most non-gold traits.

However, the talent isn't wholly based around back-to-back Death Strikes. The 25% leech applies to everything, so you'll be able to fit in one or two abilities before the shield breaks (more if you get the buff during a portion of the fight when you're only suffering magic damage.)

Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    Can we please stop with this "CD is way too long" thing about Wraith Walk? It is a 45 second CD, which is pretty short. If you want to complain about the duration, then go ahead--but don't complain about something that isn't a problem.
    Well it's all in context isn't it? If wraith walk lasted 10 seconds, 45 seconds would be a pretty short cooldown. But for a buggy 3 sec duration 70% speed boost that you can't do anything during or even jump at the end of to extend, 45 seconds is a really long cooldown.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I started enjoying it a lot more after I sacrificed gorefiend cd for the longer duration.

My only gripe is that you can’t jump so you often get a bit stuck when traveling with it. Should not be a problem during raid encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    I started enjoying it a lot more after I sacrificed gorefiend cd for the longer duration.

My only gripe is that you can’t jump so you often get a bit stuck when traveling with it. Should not be a problem during raid encounters.
    It shouldn't be a problem during pvp either, in specifically pvp-designed battlegrounds and arenas, but it is.

It's such a stupid idea to have it make you float, it really boggles the mind. I don't get why they feel the need to add these buggy movement abilities to half the classes. At least I can kind of see why stuff like blink and heroic leap has bugs, but why unnecessarily add extremely frustrating complications to an ability when there's no reason to? And what happened to the whole "class fantasy"-thing? How does floating gently above the terrain like a fucking cloud - while being easily stopped by the slightest bump in the road - make me feel like jason voorhees?
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2016-08-09 at 10:28 AM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Just wait until Legion when we can get the glyph to fix this and get the running animation back.

Loving blood so far. Doing random as I level from 90 to 100 and tanking is just so damn smooth.

My only issue with Blood overall is lack of talent diversity. I don't feel like we have a lot of choices to make overall. Seems to be a pretty set and forget talent build and anything else is simply not viable.

I'm hoping some talents get buffed/changed so there's more variety in playstyles for blood.

But as of now, I'm still sold on Blood DK being my main in Legion. Had my best success in WoW as a DK, so hoping to replicate that in this amazing new xpac