Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Moose View Post
    At 840ilvl I can easily start fights and keep myself alive for quite some time in Heroic dungeons without needed much help from the healer, and in mythics I find myself healing near as much as the healer does most fights, my guildie even said he loves to heal when I'm tanking on the DK because he can pretty much forget about me and just aoe heal the rest of the group 90% of the time.
    At 840 ilevel you can solo heroic dungeons (you're massively outgearing the content, it would be a balancing issue if you don't feel like that), and once we take out Bone Shield Blood's HPS isn't nearly as impressive.

Okay so maybe you're preferring your warrior for the reasons you listed, sure thing, but...

I don't think you're playing the same expansion as me if you think this :/

At 840ilvl I can easily start fights and keep myself alive for quite some time in Heroic dungeons without needed much help from the healer, and in mythics I find myself healing near as much as the healer does most fights, my guildie even said he loves to heal when I'm tanking on the DK because he can pretty much forget about me and just aoe heal the rest of the group 90% of the time.

I just can't wait to get an orange, hoping it's a good one, to make things even more smooth!

Are there any others that are having a similar experience to me or are most people having a hard time?
    Its just that I'm way too used to the resolve mechanic from WoD. Back then I wouldnt care if I was at 20% HP since I could heal myself to full like no problem.

Okay so maybe you're preferring your warrior for the reasons you listed, sure thing, but...

I just can't wait to get an orange, hoping it's a good one, to make things even more smooth!

Are there any others that are having a similar experience to me or are most people having a hard time?
    Boneshield equates from anywhere to 20-35% of overall healing due to it now being considered an absorb so those numbers on healing meters are ridiculously inaccurate in terms of raw healing. I am kinda annoyed by this because it gives false information which in return people start bitching about how broken our self healing is when it isn't really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habiby View Post
    Could some1 explain to me how health affects deathstrike heals?

Focuses dark power into a strike that deals 258% Physical damage and heals you for 20% of all damage taken in the last 5 sec, minimum 10% of maximum health.

According to this, it enhances it only when you are not taking any dmg (ie not actively tanking).

Thanks

Reverse. Read it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysniper View Post
    Its just that I'm way too used to the resolve mechanic from WoD. Back then I wouldnt care if I was at 20% HP since I could heal myself to full like no problem.
    Vamp blood + Death strike after a heavy hit does exactly this in Legion, don't forget the ridiculous heal off of our Artifact when there's 3+ mobs.

I'm just not finding healing an issue whatsoever

healers are already complaining about dks damage taken compared to protwarris

840 outgears all content currently in WoW. One ignore pain is equal to like 2 minutes of gaining RP and DSing. They also have block, plus more armor from a shield, shield block 100% uptime, crit blocks, actual mitigation cds etc.

Basically you have no idea how strong prot war/pld is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    840 outgears all content currently in WoW. One ignore pain is equal to like 2 minutes of gaining RP and DSing. They also have block, plus more armor from a shield, shield block 100% uptime, crit blocks, actual mitigation cds etc.

Not once have I said they are stronger/better than a war/pld. All I'm saying is that personally, I'm not having any issues with their healing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just throwin my thoughts out there, I loved BDK, played a DK tank since wotlk, naxx....but i dont like the new system, and changed mains for the first time ever (i started in late bc so, first main was a dk)

I main a mage now, ive always seen them as a really close second to DKs

Not once have I said they are stronger/better than a war/pld. All I'm saying is that personally, I'm not having any issues with their healing...
    You're not going to have issues in extremely easy content when you outgear the content.

I tanked mythics in 810 ilvl and it wasn't hard. The class is still bad compared to the two prots.

Been doing normals for a while. still only 810 did heroics. I think where I felt the difference between blood dk and i guess other tank is we don't really have a oh shit button. I mean in low haste gear levels it is really easy to find urself with short on rp and even ds not healing enough to make you survive. Consumption is pretty much a lay of hands on adds but single target it's meh. We really need either IBF back or Rune Tap back. Something to prevent us from getting faceroll.

Also I am really struggling to keep BoneShield stacks up against AOE. It's a drain like you don't use hearthstrike and just spam Marrow Rend when you can. I wish they would redesign boneshield so it's not stack and more like a timer. So each marrowrend gives u like 3-5 secs or something like that.
    Last edited by hashtags; 2016-09-06 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you get more haste it's a lot better, I'm on 32% right now and I feel like I'm swimming in RP

I can't really get any more which is good but I feel like I am starting to hit a soft cap of sorts.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't gotten any other tank classes to 110, but I don't feel week at all as a Blood DK as I feared I would, and I haven't even unlocked Umbilicus Eternus yet. I am easily doing 150-300k HPS on yolo-Mythic AoE pulls right now, and while I notice that I do sometimes run into a downtime where I'm about to die and have literally no buttons left to click, those moments are rare, and usually only happen when I waste Vampiric Blood on a pull that I don't need it on (which is me getting used to how quickly I can get Vampiric Blood back up with Red Thirst). Also, I think part of those "oh fuck" moments are because I ran with a Resto Shaman who offers no externals.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    One ignore pain is equal to like 2 minutes of gaining RP and DSing. They also have block, plus more armor from a shield, shield block 100% uptime, crit blocks, actual mitigation cds etc.

You're right, but you're seeing the picture the other way around.
    While dks have, without doubt, serious issues that should be addressed, their viability is out of question. Leaving aside the necrotic problem for a moment, dks are easily viable in every kind of envroiment.
    It's actually prot warriors that are grossly overpowered. 100% uptime on shield block with almost non existant cost, high uptime on ignore pain for ridicoulus amounts, more passive dr via higher armor, parry and block. All of this coupled with a health pool that's not so far from dk levels, and a mobility/defensive kit far superior to most other tanks.

Basically warriors have EVERYTHING, and this is strongly against what Blizz said about every tank having a specific niche. I expect them to nerf wars/pala and buff monks and dk before the Nightold hits live.

Deleted
    How the actual hell do you people say warrior heals up?
    Leech+presence combo so the lads damage and they heal ya up?

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    How the actual hell do you people say warrior heals up?
    Leech+presence combo so the lads damage and they heal ya up?
    Even though majority of warriors still like to litter your buff bar with inspiring presence, I reckon I saw streamers go for impending victory for mythic+, its healing can add up if you have ways to reset cd.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard nerfed blood. Even VB now have hp cap. Its stupid but even DH do more self healing and parry than we do. The major problem for blood in my opinion is single target fights. Because the more targets we have to hit the more dps/RP/healing we do. Bone Shield gives only 16% DR plus 8% if SS procs. Its lower even than warrior's block. I understand what we reactive tanks - we don't prevent damage - we self healing it. But at ST fights HS cleave/BB absorb shield/Consumption almost useless. Due to this i believe we will be welcomed in 5 man content but in raids people will prefer druid/war/DH.

So i was thinking about how to boost my DR and damage/heal on single target. Maybe we should cap Haste/Versatility? Versa is flat boost to damage and damage reduction. Also someone know if versa heal bonus affect DS heal?

PS About tombstone talent. It gives as 3% of max hp absorb shield and 3 RP per bone shield stack. DRW with artifact trait gives us 10 stacks per one Marrowrend. So how do you thing it will work - DRW up - Marrowrend - Tombstone - Marrowrend. After this rotation we will have 70 RP 10 BS stacks and absorption shield = 30% of your HP pool.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2016-09-07 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    While dks have, without doubt, serious issues that should be addressed, their viability is out of question. Leaving aside the necrotic problem for a moment, dks are easily viable in every kind of envroiment.
    It's actually prot warriors that are grossly overpowered. 100% uptime on shield block with almost non existant cost, high uptime on ignore pain for ridicoulus amounts, more passive dr via higher armor, parry and block. All of this coupled with a health pool that's not so far from dk levels, and a mobility/defensive kit far superior to most other tanks.

Basically warriors have EVERYTHING, and this is strongly against what Blizz said about every tank having a specific niche. I expect them to nerf wars/pala and buff monks and dk before the Nightold hits live.
    Agreed. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post

Every time I consider rolling to another class, I feel the loss of grip, AoE Grip and a peaceable taunt circle (D&D). But conversely I hate the lack of mobility DK's have... I'd roll a DH, but I feel like that's just a different type of DK. Warriors sound OP (via reading everywhere), but I don't really have time to level an alt. Luckily (I guess) I've turned into a casual, so only Mythic+ dungeons is my top concern.

IDK, I wish I had more time but I had to grow up and get a job. Right now I'll have to settle for my DK and pirate. When my friend starts in a few weeks I'll have to consider DH or War to level with him.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

As far as artifact gold traits, for the second one (after unending thirst), would you guys reccomend umbillicus eternus over skeletal shattering? I currently have skeletal shattering as my second and so far it seems rather underwhelming