Poll: Who is more Powerful Sargeras/Burning legion or Old Gods

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    WoD is a shit show though. It took the combined might of alliance and horde forces just to slow down Archimonde at Hyjal. In WoD 25 randoms defeat him easily.
    to be fair, in the warcraft3 the wisps kill him, like wtf, the demon lord dying by some little spirits

~
    also i dont like so much the fact sargeras is so motherfucking powerful that he can cut a world, like, how the fuck we are defeat him in the final expansion if all the old gods together can not stand a fart from him, old gods fight against the titans, they lose and most of then die indeed, but they fight.

this is like dc bullshit they create some hero too powerful, like some versions of superman who can do anything, but lose or can be defeated by something simple or silly

or like marvel, and they create some hero to be the most powerful, then no one can stand against him (thor) so they need someone even stronger to beat him! like hulk!

what we will do to defeat sargeras? find his kryptonnite ( some way to deny his powers) or get the hulk to kill him? ( another titan ?)

~~~

about the old gods... i read somewhere they also existed on draenor, so are the old gods mutiples? one version of each lives on each planet? or ech planet have their old gods? the titans only slayed the azeroth old gods? or from the others worlds too?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2016-01-24 at 05:24 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    about the old gods... i read somewhere they also existed on draenor, so are the old gods mutiples? one version of each lives on each planet? or ech planet have their old gods? the titans only slayed the azeroth old gods? or from the others worlds too?
    old gods float around in the void/ space, they tried to summon one in outland but we don't have any official lore on one actually living on Draenor. As to one of every one on each planet. The old gods arent that special, there are just alot of them throught out the galaxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    old gods float around in the void/ space, they tried to summon one in outland but we don't have any official lore on one actually living on Draenor. As to one of every one on each planet. The old gods arent that special, there are just alot of them throught out the galaxy.
    i cant find where i read, but is something like the old gods from draenor are all dead, and blizz maybe or maybe not would talk about then in the future, and the arakkoa are trying to summon another from the void

or i'm confusing to much with the earth giants ancestors of grons and ogres

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i cant find where i read, but is something like the old gods from draenor are all dead, and blizz maybe or maybe not would talk about then in the future, and the arakkoa are trying to summon another from the void

Never readd anything about any OG's on draenor, but the ancestors of the gronns and ogres are all dead.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, in the warcraft3 the wisps kill him, like wtf, the demon lord dying by some little spirits.
    It actually made alot of sense.What killed Archimonde is the power of Nordrassil and the Well of Eternity below it.Basically the power Azeroth herself.The wisps were just a trigger used to unleash that power.
    Just as the orcs, humans, and night elves discarded their old hatreds and stood united against a common foe, so did Nature herself rise up to banish the Shadow... forever - Medhiv

to be fair, in the warcraft3 the wisps kill him, like wtf, the demon lord dying by some little spirits

also i dont like so much the fact sargeras is so motherfucking powerful that he can cut a world, like, how the fuck we are defeat him in the final expansion if all the old gods together can not stand a fart from him, old gods fight against the titans, they lose and most of then die indeed, but they fight.

or like marvel, and they create some hero to be the most powerful, then no one can stand against him (thor) so they need someone even stronger to beat him! like hulk!

what we will do to defeat sargeras? find his kryptonnite ( some way to deny his powers) or get the hulk to kill him? ( another titan ?)
    The wisps aren't "some little spirits". Lore-wise, Malfurion used the Horn of Cenarius to call upon Nature's help. Those "little spirits" you see were thousands of Ancestral Guardian, roused by Nature herself, attacked Archimonde and unleash the power of the World Tree (a power that, according to Archimonde, could have made him powerful enough to rival even Sargeras) upon him. They surely aren't those lowly lvl 1 worker in WC3.

In regards to Sargeras - either he will be depowered greatly from something, or (the more likely to happen case) we likely get helps to defeat him from the Titans. We might just serve as a distraction to Sargeras so the Pantheon can deliver the killing blow, or killing demons so they can't disturb the Titans vs Sargeras fight. Maybe the Titans can't easily enter the Twisting Nether without getting some negative status - just like how demons can't get to our side without being summoned, so they granted us part of their powers to serve as their agents. Or it could be that for some reasons, Titans are losing / dying and they pass their powers onto us temporarily to fight Sargeras. Plenty of possible scenario.

There are more Old Gods than just the one in Azeroth. We don't know if each planet has its own Old Gods, or there are similar versions of Azeroth Old Gods in other planets. We only know that there are many many Old Gods in our universe - not just limited to Azeroth or Draenor / Outland. Some planets might have a few, some might have none. As Harbinger Skyriss, a follower of Old Gods, said "We span the Universe, as countless as the stars".
    I don't remember if it was stated that the Titans killed Old Gods in other planets, but it was said that they killed "a bunch of Old Gods" so unless there were a lot more than 5 (6?) Old Gods in Azeroth, it's fair to assume they killed Old Gods in other worlds as well.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-01-24 at 01:35 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Never readd anything about any OG's on draenor, but the ancestors of the gronns and ogres are all dead.
    There is a quest in Outland in SMV where some Arrakoa try to summon an Old God looking like C'Thun.

For refferance.

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The wisps aren't "some little spirits". Lore-wise, Malfurion used the Horn of Cenarius to call upon Nature's help. Those "little spirits" you see were thousands of Ancestral Guardian, roused by Nature herself, attacked Archimonde and unleash the power of the World Tree (a power that, according to Archimonde, could have made him powerful enough to rival even Sargeras) upon him. They surely aren't those lowly lvl 1 worker in WC3.
    i mean i cite "little spirits" to compare with the raid to kill him on the WoD, the mortal forces only delay the archimond forces to the spell work, was impossible try to solo archimonde with the heroes, not because he was powerful, but because he was too many minions on his service

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    To be fair, none of that implies that Sargeras could lolcleave Azeroth. It's just Mannoroth's ramblings about Sargeras entering Azeroth and roflstomping everything in his path.
    well he talks about Sargeras sweeping his fist through the world (Azeroth)

you gotta be pretty big to do that

but sure I get it, it might be metaphorical

however even if Mardum (spelling..?) is a small world, Sargeras is still ridicilously big, because even a tiny planet is pretty damn big
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-01-24 at 03:53 PM.

Sargeras is objectively stronger than the Old Gods according to Blizzard. Not much to discuss here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    however even if Mardum (spelling..?) is a small world, Sargeras is still ridicilously big, because even a tiny planet is pretty damn big
    Yeah he's still definitely huge, no wonder he's supposed to set Azeroth on fire by merely standing on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quick questions (Sorry if they have been brought up before):

1. Why did Sargeras detected Azeroth by their magic use? If he intend to redo the whole universe then it wouldn't have mattered?, Since he gonna destroy everything anyhow. Or do all living thing use magic?

2. Why is it that Sarg needs to be be summoned? And how does that work with the Pantheon when they went to war with the OG's. They required summon as well?

3. He put a lot of time and effort to become summoned to Azeroth, do we know why and why can't ne just plant a seed on the planet that destroys is?

Yay, another "who's stronger" thread.

Kids ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jappse View Post
    Quick questions (Sorry if they have been brought up before):

1. Why did Sargeras detected Azeroth by their magic use? If he intend to redo the whole universe then it wouldn't have mattered?, Since he gonna destroy everything anyhow. Or do all living thing use magic?
    The Highborn used magic with the Well as their source of power, that's how Sargeras detected it (he wasn't even aware of Azeroth's existence before that).

While he ultimately want to destroy everything to recreate true order, he isn't wasteful either, or he'd be all "RAWR! Destroy, destroy, destroy" instead of wasting his time recruiting various races (i.e: Draenei, or freeing the demons) seeing he himself is stronger than the whole Legion combined. Maybe he want to get the Elves to join Legion, maybe he want to get his hand on the Well to boost his power (Archimonde believed that draining the 2nd Well which is a lot inferior than the original could make his power rival that of Sargeras - assume Archimonde isn't overconfident, imagine how powerful Sargeras would be if he drained the original Well). In short, he will destroy the worlds, but he want to get all he can get first. The same reason why Archimonde didn't just BOOM and destroy our world's surface the moment he arrived - seeing an unnamed Eredar did so effortlessly in Velen's short story.

2. Why is it that Sarg needs to be be summoned? And how does that work with the Pantheon when they went to war with the OG's. They required summon as well?
    There isn't an explanation for it yet. We only know that Sargeras and the demons (Sargeras is still a Titan, not a demon) require a summon to get to Azeroth. The more powerful a demon is, the bigger / more powerful the summon portal need to be. No clue how that works though, since the Pantheon didn't have any issue with coming to Azeroth before and mortal mages and come to and return from Twisting Nether easily.

3. He put a lot of time and effort to become summoned to Azeroth, do we know why and why can't ne just plant a seed on the planet that destroys is?
    Because there is something he want from Azeroth. It could be the Well before, we don't know what it is now. Blizzard said there is a reason that the BL is fixated on Azeroth and they will reveal it in Legion.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    text
    Thanks! Very interesting thread.

Its been an interesting read about a subject which has eluded me thus far.

Pretty sure that pic of Sargeras cleaving that planet in 2 is just art work. I have scoured wowpedia, videos on the Legion Alpha, forums and I haven't seen any shred of evidence of Sargeras canonically being able to cut a planet in 2, especially given that freaking Broxigar of all people managed to wound him. If someone like Broxigar could damage him then Sargy is below an Old God in terms of power.

Evidence points to an Old God being significantly more powerful than a Titan and Sargeras. It took the combined Pantheon to beat the Old God's while they were at war with each other. They created the Mogu to fight Y'Shaarj, and so far the Old God's are 1-0 in one on one fights since C'Thun managed to kill a Titan.

Blizzard was asked at Blizzcon 14 about the WoTA statement of Sargeras pleading for death, all they said was that they wouldn't take that statement too seriously. Blizzard will never answer that question because, like anyone else, they want people to keep discussing it and keep a vested interest in it, rather than giving an objective answer and settling it. They never stated who's more powerful between Sargeras and an Old God, and they never will give an objective answer and settle it. Right now there's more to suggest the Old God's would put their foot up Sargeras and the Titan's asses. Even their lackeys have a better track record, such as Zakajz killing Tyr.
    Last edited by Kpen117; 2016-02-01 at 01:08 PM.

Sure, 1v1 Sargeras could potentially take on any of the known Old gods, but we sure as shit know that they don't really play the same game as we do. They're controlling everything from the sidelines (at least N'Zoth is) so as far as I'm concerned they're more of a threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpen117 View Post
    Pretty sure that pic of Sargeras cleaving that planet in 2 is just art work. I have scoured wowpedia, videos on the Legion Alpha, forums and I haven't seen any shred of evidence of Sargeras canonically being able to cut a planet in 2, especially given that freaking Broxigar of all people managed to wound him. If someone like Broxigar could damage him then Sargy is below an Old God in terms of power.

Evidence points to an Old God being significantly more powerful than a Titan and Sargeras. It took the combined Pantheon to beat the Old God's while they were at war with each other. They created the Mogu to fight Y'Shaarj, and so far the Old God's are 1-0 in one on one fights since C'Thun managed to kill a Titan.

Blizzard was asked at Blizzcon 14 about the WoTA statement of Sargeras pleading for death, all they said was that they wouldn't take that statement too seriously. Blizzard will never answer that question because, like anyone else, they want people to keep discussing it and keep a vested interest in it, rather than giving an objective answer and settling it. They never stated who's more powerful between Sargeras and an Old God, and they never will give an objective answer and settle it. Right now there's more to suggest the Old God's would put their foot up Sargeras and the Titan's asses. Even their lackeys have a better track record, such as Zakajz killing Tyr.
    You didn't search very hard then, they tall about him cutting the planet in demo hunter quests, and mogu killed ysharrj.
    Holy shit lol

You didn't search very hard then, they tall about him cutting the planet in demo hunter quests, and mogu killed ysharrj.
    Show evidence. Yes, they needed an army of Mogu to kill Y'Shaarj, thanks for agreeing with me that Titans are weaker. I guess they were scared shitless after C'Thun offed one of their buddies.
    Last edited by Kpen117; 2016-02-01 at 01:21 PM.