Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
No shit, brainiac. I'm not saying there's a reason to kill people. I'm saying that you're less likely to get killed if you aren't constantly being a dick.

Even the biggest of idiots could figure out something like that.
Well judging by the eyewitness accounts he barged into the school and looked distraught, some guy asked if he was okay, then he went back out to his car and came back with the gun. So maybe being nice saved that guys life (although he also ran away when he saw the gun).

I mean. Either way. My beef is with how the story is being used.

#1. It's not the typical profile of a school shooting. It's the typical lost soul living on the res story and this time it's only getting media attention because they have a school with which to spin the ever sexy school shooting narrative.
#2. Gun control isn't legitimately up for debate here. It's easier for people with aboriginal status to get guns than it is for people without. So less gun control was in effect here, but even if the gun was originally acquired by somebody non status who went through the same licensing process (And I think aboriginals still have to submit to the firearm safety course) for certain classes of firearms the storage laws really aren't that strict to begin with. All you need is a trigger lock, and as long as the gun isn't within close proximity of the ammunition you're fine.

But that's all I"m seeing in this discussion. Gun control and school shootings.