Question For PvP, is Mage or Moonkin more sought after?

Hello!

As it always happens towards the end of an expansion, most of my friends have quit. So that said, I'm considering rolling an alt to see the Alliance side of things for a while. My main is a Horde DK and I can safely say outside of leveling I have close to little PvP experience as a caster. I think this will be something new and easily hold my attention until Legion.

I've settled on Mage or a Boomkin, as both seem to do well in BGs (personal bias is that Druids are better in BGs). I'm not sure about 3s since this season has seemed dominated by melee, so that's why I came here.

Any insights would be welcome. Also was going to make it on US-Korgath unless another server is better, but I figured with cross realm LFG it doesn't matter that much.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Mages are better for arenas, moonkins are better for solo/world pvp and BGs.

Deleted
    Mages are second class citizens in RBGs from my short experience. They almost always autoinvite rogues, healers, at least 1 lock, and they don't give a damn if they have 0 mages. Sometimes I heard people saying if they have a hunter they don't need a mage.

But, I find that some people are too cookie-cutter oriented. For instance, they don't take into account how powerful and completely different the other 2 mage specs are.

For instance arcane mage on current gear bonuses and proper talents can be extremely powerful because of unlimited spellsteals that heal and massive burst.

Mage will have a lot more comps available in 2s/3s and you'll have an easier time finding games but boomkins have plenty of options too and can be really fun. If you want to do RBGs or world pvp go moonkin.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Mages are second class citizens in RBGs from my short experience. They almost always autoinvite rogues, healers, at least 1 lock, and they don't give a damn if they have 0 mages. Sometimes I heard people saying if they have a hunter they don't need a mage.

But, I find that some people are too cookie-cutter oriented. For instance, they don't take into account how powerful and completely different the other 2 mage specs are.

For instance arcane mage on current gear bonuses and proper talents can be extremely powerful because of unlimited spellsteals that heal and massive burst.
    This, basically. My fire mage feels more underpowered than I can remember since BC. I'd go moonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    This, basically. My fire mage feels more underpowered than I can remember since BC. I'd go moonkin.
    fire mages are actually not too bad right now, dragons breath hits like a truck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    fire mages are actually not too bad right now, dragons breath hits like a truck
    Yeah, dragons breath rocks. Survivability is an issue though.

I've played a mage for years and a warlock for months-right now I'm crushing it with the lock relative to the mage.

Deleted
    Arenas - Mage
    BGs - Boomkin

Deleted
    Mages are more sought after and have more comps. Problem is they're pretty terrible in 1v1, wpvp and random bgs.

Moonkins on the other hand, are quite viceversa, not really that great in arenas but absolutely reking shit in 1v1 and casual pvp.

Gentlemen (or ladies), thank you for your help!

I've decided to go with the mage for now since apparently RBGs are apparently polluted with bots and what not.

Off to get ready for next weeks triple honor. Excited for a new toon and a new faction.
    Last edited by Cirayne24; 2016-01-26 at 12:29 PM.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Arena frost mage for rbg boomkin. Both are in a good place right now, arguably mages are stronger.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say mage, every spec can be viable in arena/rbg. If you were playing solo i think boomkin would be the way to go.

I have a similar question, would you guys go with Frost DK or Boomkin for 2v2 and bgs?

Thanks a lot!