7+ Year Old Account

plague leech (DW FROST)

Do you just use this skill on cooldown? Cause it removes diseases.

Was thinking why remove the disease though since they need to be up? I must be missing something.

The damage you get from two runes being refreshed by Plague Leech - that is, 1xObliterate and 1x Frost Strike, or 2x Howling Blast and 1x Frost strike - far outweighs the DPS you'd have from Frost Fever/Blood Plague in the 2-3 GCD's it takes before they're back up. Howling blast spam refreshes FF, and you'll run into situations where you have 1xU rune and nothing else, and that's when you apply BP again with Plague Strike. This also assumes you're running Defile instead of Necrotic Plague (at which point PS can go fuck itself, since HB applies your only disease).

Keep in mind also that the damage output of FS and OB are no longer modified by number of diseases on the target, so disease uptime is much lower priority now.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah i see now, thanks!

I am curious about this answer as well, but in context of Necrotic Plague. I'm not sure who plays DW Frost without it these days as it makes the spec actually fun, but I don't know if I should PL a 13+ stack NP that has 10+ seconds on it or should I wait until its about to expire before using PL?

Quote Originally Posted by snobrdr2324 View Post
    I am curious about this answer as well, but in context of Necrotic Plague. I'm not sure who plays DW Frost without it these days as it makes the spec actually fun, but I don't know if I should PL a 13+ stack NP that has 10+ seconds on it or should I wait until its about to expire before using PL?
    You should wait for it to be close to expiring before using plague leech. If I'm not mistaken NP doesn't start ticking for more than ff/bp until 10 stacks for frost. I could be wrong, but you should t be using it so early. If you have an empty drinking horn you shouldn't be using NP as frost anyways.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-02-13 at 08:43 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    You should wait for it to be close to expiring before using plague leech. If I'm not mistaken NP doesn't start ticking for more than ff/bp until 10 stacks for frost. I could be wrong, but you should t be using it so early. If you have an empty drinking horn you shouldn't be using NP as frost anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

you're correct it doesn't start beating it until 10 stacks, and honestly their is nothing else in that tier other than Plague Leech that is useful for Frost, since frost can actually stack NP very quickly with Howling Blast(each cast adds a tick)