Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why hasn't Blizz added a smaller raid to give subscribers something to do?

I mean with Mists they acknowledged that the long period with no content was a problem yet it's basically the same thing once again. Do they really take us for fools that will just play the same raid for an entire year? I look at my server and so many guilds have stopped raiding.
    It's not like it would take an incredible amount of resources just to make a short raid with some fun bosses.

Two words:
    Ruby Sanctum.

Madness will consume you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because not all of us raid.

because they don't care. they get the sub fees with or without stuff for players to do. Even if you only play 2 days a month you still pay the sub, why should they add stuff?

it would take couple of weeks then everyone would stop again. Then people will come to forums and complain about how blizz should add another raid. Rinse and repeat. I think taking people away from legion would delay it further. I prefer legion earlier than small raid now and legion later

1. The team is working on Legion. Its development would be slowed down even more if they had to make a new raid for WoD.
    2. Only 850 guild (that's probably some 20'000 people) have killed Archimonde Mythic. So there are still millions that have bosses to kill.
    3. I think small non-tier raids received bad feedback back in WotLK.
    4. Subscribers are free to unsub if they get bored, so Blizzard doesn't owe them anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I mean with Mists they acknowledged that the long period with no content was a problem yet it's basically the same thing once again. Do they really take us for fools that will just play the same raid for an entire year? I look at my server and so many guilds have stopped raiding.
    It's not like it would take an incredible amount of resources just to make a short raid with some fun bosses.
    because they know that regardless of how shitty stuff they will release wow junkies will stay subbed so why bother

Based on how they have handled the tail of their previous expansions, it does seem that they expect you to either play the same raid for a year or unsub until the next expansion.

I thought everybody stopped playing because WoW's graphics were so horrible. Make up your mind already.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    1. The team is working on Legion. Its development would be slowed down even more if they had to make a new raid for WoD.
    2. Only 850 guild (that's probably some 20'000 people) have killed Archimonde Mythic. So there are still millions that have bosses to kill.
    3. I think small non-tier raids received bad feedback back in WotLK.
    4. Subscribers are free to unsub if they get bored, so Blizzard doesn't owe them anything.
    Honestly your second reason reason is disingenuous considering just how small the legitimate (read: mythic raiding) raiding community is.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Because they abandoned wod as soon as hell fire released, they have been working on legion as top priority
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because not all of us raid.
    Pretty much this. Not everyone is PvE oriented. Some more PvP stuff like cosmetic PvP gear or new mounts would be cool.At least I'm glad to see that Legion will have new PvP system.

Deleted
    Because they don't need it to retain enough loyal subscribers.
    Just scroll through these forums and read all those "Me smart, me buys tokens and plays for free, so I will play even through another content draught, which was promised to not happen again (some 6 times already)".
    People stop thinking past the point of "token for gold = free playtime for me" and what it telegraphs to Blizzard.
    They learned, rightfully so, that you can still make profit if you just add nothing at all, because people will stick. Now add Tokens on top of that.
    Next Blizzcon we will be promised to not have another content draught like WoD, or MoP, or SoO, or ... and everyone will be happy again.

Blizzard is okay with subscribers going into freefall during a content drought because they know without fail the numbers will bounce back again with the new expansion and possibly even moreso with the movie on the horizon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The gap between raid content should never be this long.

You are astronomically wrong. Even if you would (for whatever reason) be satisfied with a filler raid like Ruby Sanctum that has zero new models, new animations, new spell effects, new icons or anything at all, it still takes a small team of people a lot of time to build the raid zone, design the encounters, generate loot tables, balance multiple difficulties of the encounter, internally test the zone, test the zone on the PTR, generate a patch for the live servers, bug test that patch, launch that patch, go back and fix bugs that were missed in that patch... yada yada.

Meanwhile, that team wasn't just poofed in out of the ether to do that one task; they were people working on the exact same thing but for Legion, and you just pulled them off of that to give you your filler content. Now they have to go BACK to the stuff they were doing on Legion to get it done, and the whole process probably forced Blizzard to push Legion's release back by another 2-3 months.

So no, Blizzard doesn't take us as "fools to will play the same raid for an entire year" or whatever. They take us as people that would rather have a lot of new things to do faster than have 1 mediocre thing to do faster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they know we'll pay $15/month whether they do, or don't.

They'd rather work on the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Because they know we'll pay $15/month whether they do, or don't.
    Truth!
    Couldn't agree more.

This and the fact that they have to over-hype and push the following expansion to get out of the hole they dug themselves in.