Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @Buy a new HDD crowd: You realize that the simulation wouldn't even run if the PC was off right? What value is "life" that can be turned on and off at whims notice to collect dust on a shelf?

I won't need to do anything, because they will destroy themselves without needed my help.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    @Buy a new HDD crowd: You realize that the simulation wouldn't even run if the PC was off right? What value is "life" that can be turned on and off at whims notice to collect dust on a shelf?
    Think of it like sleeping

Well, if it's Sim City 53 that has this AI, then I think I will have absolutely no problems with shutting down Sim City 52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

i would keep the simcity, and live out all of my fantasies, from sex fantasies, to whatever else.

they're just A.I though, they're not real, however human they may act.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-01-24 at 01:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Problem is, you jacked into SimCity with your neural interface one night, had a few at a local pub and you revealed that you were the owner of this simulation and you actually existed in the real world while all the SimCity denizens were merely virtual AI NPCs. They laughed at you so you turned the moon neon pink for a few seconds to prove it.
    Once I jacked off, I'd install the new game, since "I want to."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, if it's Sim City 53 that has this AI, then I think I will have absolutely no problems with shutting down Sim City 52.
    Solved it!
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

inside of that sim city universe theres a simulation city game with AI so advanced that sims are unable to tell the simulations apart from sims in the real world. also, theres an entire universe of simulation planets and galaxies with unlimited alien simulation races.

and id still shut it off.

cuse the universe doesnt give a fk

But can you imagine the mods?

Deleted
    Where's the worshipping, even from some, SMITE!

Do you delete it? Or do you keep it up and running? What obligation do you have to these simulated people?
    Delete it. I have no obligation to the AI. It is as you said, a simulation.

Regardless of how approximate the simulation is to reality; to make the distinction there is an object reality and an object simulation of reality already decides that one of the two is merely a copy and thus inauthentic.

In this case you have told me which of the two is not genuine; the simulation.

Supposed moral dilemma here hinges on ambiguity. As presented in the OP, there is nonesuch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Delete it. I have no obligation to the AI. It is as you said, a simulation.

Regardless of how approximate the simulation is to reality; to make the distinction there is an object reality and an object simulation of reality already decides that one of the two is merely a copy and thus inauthentic.

In this case you have told me which of the two is not genuine; the simulation.

Supposed moral dilemma here hinges on ambiguity. As presented in the OP, there is nonesuch.
    Well we do delete space every time we are done with simulation.
    It other words we are killing posible life.

Don't sweat the details!!!

Do you delete it? Or do you keep it up and running? What obligation do you have to these simulated people?
    Re-read Permutation City and then erase my copy of SimCity and say that it will keep running even without my copy of it.

When the Singularity happens and AIs become godlike and we are to them as bacteria are to us, I would like to make the argument that we humans were always kind to their people.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    When the Singularity happens and AIs become godlike and we are to them as bacteria are to us, I would like to make the argument that we humans were always kind to their people.
    You are aware that the best outcome in this situation is you get to exist on a comparative plane to cat meme celebrities if they find you endearing, right?... now that I think about it, that might not be so bad.... I mean, in terms of legacy, which would be better to be ceiling cat for a super species or a Nobel prize winner within humanity. I am honestly not sure

Let's break it down. Any program that is equivalent to SimCity v52 in complexity will necessarily be creating these AI lifeforms. Therefore, any game which uses the same programming capacity to detail NPC movements will be in essence creating new life to replace the old life destroyed by erasing SimCity v52.

Recommendation: Replace SimCity 52 with Cities XXXXXXL or whatever we're up to by then since it's a better game anyway and also simulates a city.

Shut it down, they're not real. Watch The 13th Floor.