Lightbulb Post Number modulo 20 = 0 ... DAMN

Is there any way one could change the way threads are displayed such that the most recent 10+ posts appear on the last page, rather than starting the counting at the first post which might be days or weeks old ?

Every so often I'll put a lot of thought into a post (yeah, maybe not often enough) only to find that it ends up as post 440 and is for ever assigned to oblivion.

I'm wondering if other people look at the post count as an influence on their posting style?

If the formula for page N was based on counting chunks from the end instead of the start, it would all magically be way better I think.

But that's just my thoughts - at least this is post #1

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest assured that I for one use the "Go to first new post" icon when entering threads so I do see every post if it's one I have visited before.

If it's an extremely long thread then maybe I will scan a few pages including the last post on each page. My OCD won't let me skip them.

So TL;DR you don't like having the last post on a page and you want the "last page" to have the 20 most recent posts? Seems unnecessary. Also, probably if there'll be times when the first page has only the opening post and no one else. That's not good.

I don't actually think there can be a good implementation that will be helpful. I also really doubt chaud is gonna wanna code something like that.

If it makes you feel better, anyone serious will read through a whole page as if every post is worthwhile. So even if you're at the bottom, it's fine.

Does the posting spot influence when I'll post? Not really. Sometimes if it's like not page 1 and I don't think the thread will last, I won't bother posting. Otherwise I just post as usual. Only when threads get REALLY long and people just want to post to hear themselves talk and not to read/be part of a discussion does where your post lands on the page matter. But I hate those kind of threads anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So TL;DR you don't like having the last post on a page and you want the "last page" to have the 20 most recent posts?
    Um ... no. Here is tldr for you:

TLDR : Last page orphans bad, show 10 posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't actually think there can be a good implementation that will be helpful.
    Well there is a good implement, and easy... as to if it is helpful, that's a matter of opinion - one we don't share it seems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Rest assured that I for one use the "Go to first new post" icon when entering threads so I do see every post if it's one I have visited before.
    It has a 50/50 for me... I now just go to last page and go into reverse 4 or 5 pages.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

So you only want that most recent ten posts on the last page? This is how it already works. Most recent posts go on the last page. As for as how many per page that is up to you. You can change how many posts per page you see.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down till you see posts per page.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

So you only want that most recent ten posts on the last page? This is how it already works. Most recent posts go on the last page. As for as how many per page that is up to you. You can change how many posts per page you see.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down till you see posts per page.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    So you only want that most recent ten posts on the last page?
    Do I need say it a third time

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    This is how it already works.
    Nope, some times there is only 1 post on the last page... I want at least 10.

This is a common function in typesetting and word processing.