Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Well if you define something to be true it is hard to be not true...
    math is the language of logic.
    Yep, so basically it's worthless if you're talking about "the absolute truth".
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I think people are getting caught up in the semantics of objective truth and objective conclusion. The objective truth is the sun could be just some god that's impossible for us to comprehend, that truth could be the objective one. The objective conclusion though, for us, is that it's not - it's a natural result of gravity in our universe.

In reality, the only relevant point is objective conclusion.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I think people are getting caught up in the semantics of objective truth and objective conclusion. The objective truth is the sun could be just some god that's impossible for us to comprehend, that truth could be the objective one. The objective conclusion though, for us, is that it's not - it's a natural result of gravity in our universe.

In reality, the only relevant point is objective conclusion.
    Again, a human concept.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Again, a human concept.
    Point is, because you've had to make assumptions about your reality, you have to hold that it's possible you never know the objective truth about it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh