Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Put your finger on the location of the shop on the map?
    I don't know where it is on the map ... I know where it is in real life.

You can't just drive into that store atm either.
    Don't want to drive into the ATM at the store, just want to go over there. Easily done in any of the cars I've driven because I already know where I want to go, there is no other entity to transmit the information to.

I guess you don't know the answer either, since you've decided to become insulting and condescending as a substitute for actually giving me information.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    This entire 'autonomous vehicles' mumbo jumbo is nothing but marketing garbage designed to make the brand appear futuristic and somehow ahead of the curve. The auto pilot that the new Mercedes E class (which is more advanced than the Tesla Model S) is just a tiny advancement from the already pre-existing distronic plus systems that monitor distance to the car ahead of you, and lane assist, etc. Fifteen years from now everyone will still be driving their cars just like today. Sure you will be able to put your car on 'cruise mode' on highways, but you can do that today too.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I don't know where it is on the map ... I know where it is in real life.

Don't want to drive into the ATM at the store, just want to go over there. Easily done in any of the cars I've driven because I already know where I want to go, there is no other entity to transmit the information to.
    Being purposefully obtuse just to get your "point" across doesn't make it anymore valid.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Fifteen years from now everyone will still be driving their cars just like today. Sure you will be able to put your car on 'cruise mode' on highways, but you can do that today too.
    That makes much more sense - adding accident avoidance and smart auto-navigation functions seems about the limit of what is really possible for the forseeable future.

Maybe taxis could be fully auto-drive, but that's because you always go from A to B pretty much without variation. The personal vehicle needs more flexibility than is on offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Being purposefully obtuse just to get your "point" across doesn't make it anymore valid.
    I agree, yet you continue to be obtuse in your answers to my simple and obvious question.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I agree, yet you continue to be obtuse in your answers to my simple and obvious question.
    I'm still pondering whether I should lover myself to your level or just let it be.. I guess when I seriously have to ask that myself I should just get off the internet for today.

I'm still pondering
    Have you come up with an answer the the question with all that pondering ?

Have you come up with an answer the the question with all that pondering ?
    Set the destination when you first get into the car and let it do it's thing while you do your makeup or eat and then as soon as you touch the pedals or turn the steering wheel you take manual control of the car and it's no longer controlling everything. Seems simple enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TerS View Post
    Set the destination when you first get into the car
    Destination ? What if you don't have a destination, what if you are just going for a drive?

turn the steering wheel
    So they aren't self driving cars... back to this again ?

If you can steer the car at will, then the car isn't a self driving car. It is a normal car with some cruise control and/or advanced navigation.

Destination ? What if you don't have a destination, what if you are just going for a drive?

So they aren't self driving cars... back to this again ?

If you can steer the car at will, then the car isn't a self driving car. It is a normal car with some cruise control and/or advanced navigation.
    Ah you're one of those. Arguing for the sake of arguing. I find it hard to believe that you're unable to understand something so simple. Waste of time you are, goodbye.

First the gov wants to take away my guns and NOW they don't even want ME to drive?? In a vehicle I purchased?? Serious???????

/Trump2016

Arguing for the sake of arguing
    How is asking a VALID question an argument, for an argument I'd have to have an established point of view on something.

goodbye.
    You could just say you don't know the answer to the question, without being so offensive you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    First the gov wants to take away my guns and NOW they don't even want ME to drive?? In a vehicle I purchased?? Serious???????

/Trump2016
    Man, I didn't know Volvo was running for office in the US.

I will never own a car with this level of driver assists. It takes all the joy out of driving. Plus, you can't fix stupid.

I'm waiting for the huge lawsuits to come in from this. /popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I will never own a car with this level of driver assists.
    From the 'answers' so far, all that is happening is some smarter navigation system and some smarter cruise control.

They aren't self-driving cars in any shape or form, so you shouldn't worry too much.

From the 'answers' so far, all that is happening is some smarter navigation system and some smarter cruise control.

They aren't self-driving cars in any shape or form, so you shouldn't worry too much.
    It's fun, it's the exact same misunderstanding I had when I tried to first explain self-driving cars to my grandmother.
    She got it eventually, so don't lose hope guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Etheric View Post
    It's fun,
    Indeed it is... so far you youngsters have taught me that self driving cars don't actually exist.
    Which makes this old doddering dude wonder why you are talking so much about something that doesn't exist.

Must be some 'younger generation thing'... like talking about 'good rap'.

Volvo sued after passenger dies in "death proof" vehicle.

Volvo claims it meant the film. The car replicated the look and feel of vehicle in death proof and was not actually "death proof" just death resistant.

Or.........

Volvo shows that car still works after fatal accident and says that "death proof" claim did not extend to any passenger of said vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Roostercogburn View Post
    Volvo shows that car still works after fatal accident and says that "death proof" claim did not extend to any passenger of said vehicle.
    Sort of like life time guarantees.

Customer: It broke, and I'm still alive.
    Company: It broke, its dead - warranty over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only imagine how it's going to be driving in a car that is "watching you" ready to take away control the moment it decides it understands the situation better than you.

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I can only imagine how it's going to be driving in a car that is "watching you" ready to take away control the moment it decides it understands the situation better than you.
    That makes more sense, and would be a very useful thing - more than this idea that the car can somehow read my mind about where I want to go.