Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    How the hell is this a controversial stance?

So what next, assault cases shouldn't be handled by police just because it happened at a college? Theft? Is enforcing the law a controversial position to take?

Seriously, this is just another pallet on the giant shit infested bonfire of fail that is our society.
    I think a lot of people are viewing this as a statement against universities, when it could as easily be an accusation of dereliction against the police. The feminist position hasn't really been that the school should police sexual assault and that the actual police shouldn't, its been that the police haven't done a good enough job and that the university needs to step in to offer some semblance of protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    How do you know men are not scared?
    Personal experience walking around universities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Endus, seriously? If someone's found not guilty, or they are not even charged after the police investigate, then they should be left alone.

Innocent until proven guilty isn't just a legal construct, ffs. It's a philosophical pillar of a decent society.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Endus, seriously? If someone's found not guilty, or they are not even charged after the police investigate, then they should be left alone.

Innocent until proven guilty isn't just a legal construct, ffs. It's a philosophical pillar of a decent society.
    So is freedom of association. Shouldn't need a legal conviction to decide someone's behavior warrants a cessation of association.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So is freedom of association. Shouldn't need a legal conviction to decide someone's behavior warrants a cessation of association.
    So you support throwing someone out of college on the basis of an unproven accusation?

10+ Year Old Account
    What behavior? Being accused of something is not a behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Thats because the university also handle them often, it seems.
    Atleast it sounds its a big enough problem for Sanders to adress it.

No wonder SJWs prefer Clinton over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    So you support throwing someone out of college on the basis of an unproven accusation?
    I have mixed feelings about public colleges doing so. Private colleges are entirely within their rights to expel students if they feel their behavior was unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Is the OP implying that men are never sexually assaulted? I am more shocked that this was not another USA bashing thread from the OP

- - - Updated - - -

Just think about the Duke La cross players. They had their lives ruined over false accusations. And that article in Rolling stone?
    I think if a woman levels false sexual abuse charges against someone, she should charged with a felony and spend a minimum of 5 years in prison.
    Never said that. I insinuated that it's mostly a female problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Personal experience walking around universities.
    Are you a man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Are you a man?
    Irrelevant. I know that women are at a much higher risk than men here. Never heard a man say they're scared to walk around anywhere.

Irrelevant. I know that women are at a much higher risk than men here. Never heard a man say they're scared to walk around anywhere.
    I posted in this thread that I found my campus kind of spooky. But, how can you speak from the personal experience of a man, if you are a woman? If a man tried to say the reverse, you would take great offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can be expelled from primary/secondary schools for behaviour that isn't criminal, too. This is no different. Criminal courts have a "beyond a reasonable doubt" expectation, but even civil courts don't need to meet that standard of evidence, let alone other institutions.

Their decision only affects that student's enrollment at the school in question.
    private schools and university sure but public ones hell no they need to follow the same burden of proof as our judicial system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I posted in this thread that I found my campus kind of spooky. But, how can you speak from the personal experience of a man, if you are a woman? If a man tried to say the reverse, you would take great offense.

Unless someone is living in a dangerous city like Detroit or Chicago, no self respecting man is going to be scared while walking home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings about public colleges doing so. Private colleges are entirely within their rights to expel students if they feel their behavior was unacceptable.
    Again, having something done to you is not a behavior. Behavior requires action. Being acted upon, in this case being accused, is passive. Why do you think it it ok do expel someone that hasn't done anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Again, having something done to you is not a behavior. Behavior requires action. Being acted upon, in this case being accused, is passive. Why do you think it it ok do expel someone that hasn't done anything?
    The whole point is the school decides they have.

Unless someone is living in a dangerous city like Detroit or Chicago, no self respecting man is going to be scared while walking home.
    Source please

(this game is fun)

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with this. Schools have no business being involved in criminal cases. The only people that this would actually hurt, are the people who level false accusations; which should be seen as a good thing by both men and women.

Accusations need to be looked into and looked at just as strongly for being false, also false accusations need proper punishment.

Downside those who get falsely accused are more likely to spend time in jail until truth comes out, or may just plea to lesser charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point is the school decides they have.
    Ok then. Next question: Why does the school get to ignore reality?