Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I saw this earlier today and in the comments of the article people were criticizing his apology to women because it basically said he was sorry about what he had done, but not that he was upset about it and did something about it.

To those people - I have one question. Can you really choose not to be so upset over something so important? This is the love of your life, the mother of your children. She betrayed you. She took your aspirations and just casually threw them out like yesterday's garbage.

I'm not saying what he did was right, but I just think it's funny how people try to act like they are so much better when they wouldn't have done anything or not much different.
    You can be upset about something without turning into a monster yourself.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This forum has gotten pretty heavily anti-fem/anti-SJW/anti-woman. After all, it is a gaming forum.
    Try posting about games in this forum and tell me how it works out for ya

Deleted
    This forum has gotten pretty heavily anti-fem/anti-SJW/anti-woman. After all, it is a gaming forum.
    It would be less so if these certain white-knighting SJW's stopped posting their biased propaganda several threads a day. Also, people like you, who perpetuate the myth that gamers, pretty much all gamers, since you're not qualifying it with a "some" or "a minority of", are misogynistic, are a reason why the hatred towards SJWs is growing every single day. You're making it worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It would be less so if these certain white-knighting SJW's stopped posting their biased propaganda several threads a day. Also, people like you, who perpetuate the myth that gamers, pretty much all gamers, since you're not qualifying it with a "some" or "a minority of", are misogynistic, are a reason why the hatred towards SJWs is growing every single day. You're making it worse.
    Not all gamers are misogynistic and anti-fem. They just happen to be far more likely to appear among gamers. Black knighting for the sole sake of opposition is also pretty pathetic. They're far more vocal about it, where most people just don't give a fuck because they realize radfems don't affect daily life other than appearing on your facebook feed to make you mad.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-01-25 at 09:37 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    They just happen to be far more likely to appear among gamers.
    This, exactly, is the very bullshit myth propaganda that you and people like you pull out of your asses and perpetuate constantly. Show me a single shred of evidence of this.

I have a strong opinion on this. But it isn't the "correct" opinion and I see how things work here. Having the "wrong" opinion on an issue will get me banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all gamers are misogynistic and anti-fem.
    These people who say stuff like that are stupid.

Which is it?
    -Most gamers live in basements and have no social life
    -Most gamers couldn't get a girlfriend to save their life
    -Most gamers are fat and middle aged and never go outside.

-Most gamers beat their girlfriends cause this one totally fits in with the other misconceptions of what gamers are....? What?

15+ Year Old Account
    This, exactly, is the very bullshit myth propaganda that you and people like you pull out of your asses and perpetuate constantly. Show me a single shred of evidence of this.
    Gaming forums are the one place where I encounter far more venom and hatred against feminists and women in general. Can't really say any other places give as much of a fuck. And it makes sense.

Gaming forums are mostly guys.

A lot of the ones whining in fem/anti-fem threads were once constantly posting about being friend zoned in those friend zone threads that have now dissipated. Plus some rather extreme feminist groups have (unsuccessfully) tried to ban oversexed content in games, so they feel that fems might affect them more, when in reality there's more giant tit testosterone fueled hyper sex death games than ever before. But the sentiment that women are invading their hobby can lead to venom.

Really though, I'm not going to go tracking down "proof". It's anecdotal, what my personal experience tells me, but it also makes perfect sense too. You can either believe me or not. As I said, most circles go "Oh, fems are doing something crazy again? Well, whatever." This forum shits its pants into a 60 page thread over that stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roostercogburn View Post
    Which is it?
    I'm sorry I offended you stating a fact that those types do not represent all gamers, but are more likely to exist among that demographic?

I just tend to find that the people who take most offense to this kind of thing and get super pissy fit the stereotypes perfectly.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Gaming forums are the one place where I encounter far more venom and hatred against feminists and women in general.
    Yeah, OK. Well, I can contradict that anecdotal evidence by saying that I've encountered just as much "venom and hatred against feminists and women in general" everywhere I've ever chatted, starting from early 90s in BBS', IRC, forums, web chats, MUDs, games, or even face to face with people. So yeah, consider your "evidence" debunked.

it also makes perfect sense too
    Or, it might just be you they don't like. Or, it might just be confirmation bias.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, OK. Well, I can contradict that anecdotal evidence by saying that I've encountered just as much "venom and hatred against feminists and women in general" everywhere I've ever chatted, starting from early 90s in BBS', IRC, forums, web chats, MUDs, games, or even face to face with people. So yeah, consider your "evidence" debunked.
    Mainly hang around right wingers? They tend to be more opinionated towards that sort of thing as well, gamer or not.

I'm sorry I offended you stating a fact that those types do not represent all gamers, but are more likely to exist among that demographic?

I just tend to find that the people who take most offense to this kind of thing and get super pissy fit the stereotypes perfectly.
    You didn't offend me. I agreed with you...

And no, this post has still not offended me. Short of spitting in my face literally, few things will offend me. I don't need a safe space cause words do not bruise my skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a strong opinion on this. But it isn't the "correct" opinion and I see how things work here. Having the "wrong" opinion on an issue will get me banned.

- - - Updated - - -

These people who say stuff like that are stupid.

Which is it?

-Most gamers beat their girlfriends cause this one totally fits in with the other misconceptions of what gamers are....? What?
    How does one beat a girlfriend he cannot get??
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    except that you are the one who is actually making things up

but anything is misogynistic today

it's misogony to say you don't have many meaningful relationships with women because they never have anything interesting to say because you don't have much in common. and even when you do, they are not passionate about your common interests.

i've had this conversation with people and all i read for the next 3 minutes i spent reading was that i'm just a prick who uses women

i try not to take it too seriously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    except that you are the one who is actually making things up
    Except that I am not. You have no knowledge of my personal experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    How does one beat a girlfriend he cannot get??
    Leveled up Conjuration bro. I got a level 60 caster.

If she was cheating, well I take the same stance as Derpkitteh does on cheaters but it's best to save myself the harassment by not repeating it here.

Key word GOTTEN. Meaning it wasn't always this way.

You think that maybe, just maybe it is the constant barrage of articles and posts exposing the extremism with Feminists? As many supposedly anti- fem people here, they will give examples on how they support equality and are egalitarian.

Anti SJW, Yes
    Anti Feminist, Yes.
    Anti Women? No. Not at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Key word GOTTEN. Meaning it wasn't always this way.

You think that maybe, just maybe it is the constant barrage of articles and posts exposing the extremism with Feminists? As many supposedly anti- fem people here, they will give examples on how they support equality and are egalitarian.

Anti SJW, Yes
    Anti Feminist, Yes.
    Anti Women? No. Not at all.
    The funny part is, the antis don't realize that they're just as toxic and use the same rhetoric as the fems, just reversed.

The funny part is, the antis don't realize that they're just as toxic and use the same rhetoric as the fems, just reversed.
    They both suck in their own way. I still prefer anti feminist because usually the arguments are actually for equality and calling out extremist bull. Yes it gets annoying after a while and yes there are extremist sexists in the ranks, but I at least try to call people out on shit equally rather than just say "But not all (insert here) are like that" like it is a valid response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not Florida? I'm disappoint...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The fact that, "Not all X are Y" has become some kind of anti-meme is really annoying. I mean, that IS the right response when someone takes a trait/action/etc that only applies to a tiny fraction of a demographic and paints that entire demographic with it.

Yet when someone does it and you respond with some variation of, "Yes, someone did that, but not all or many or even a significant amount of those someone's." you're treated as if you've got some kind of crazy fringe ideas.
    No it is NOT the right response.

The right response is to admit that SOME are indeed like that and that they are a problem and should be dealt with or at least acknowledged as existing.

The problem with the "Not all X" is that it always stops there. No one ever goes and says that "yeah, that person demanding male curfews is an idiot and I do not support her". No. They just say "Not all Feminists are like that...."

Let me give you an example...

Concerned student: There is a rape epidemic rising on campus. Something should be done to combat this"
    Administrator: Not all men/college students are rapists...

Yup. crisis averted!Totally the proper response