Deleted

Cocaine: The real issue

So this Chef got busted doing a line of coke, hilarious right? Anyone noticed how NO-ONE in the room gives a shit? As if its the most common thing in the world? Guess what, it is.

At 40 euro's a gram, an average do-er would need around 150 bucks a DAY to provide that habit. Needless to say you got to have 4k a month lying around to uphold a coke habit. Do you have 4k spare? Guess what, neither does 99% of the earths population. Coke is a rich mans drug Celebrities, TV people, actors, singers, songwriters, businessmen, etc. Those are the people that make 20h days, earn the cash and need that shit to keep their eyes open.

Anyone ever wondered why we NEVER hear about coke? Like ever? Weed? Oh boy! But nevermind 5 actors OD-ing on hardcore stuff each year and people going "yeah, we know he used".... Really?... You knew?.. And did nothing? And theres the problem folks.

Coke is for rich people. Rich people run the world.

Society lesson 1. Are there any questions? Thoughts?

Deleted
    Drugs are baed, mkay.

I'm sorry, what's your issue here?

OP: You clearly have no clue how a coke addiction works. Show us a pic of your busted up arms from shooting 20+ shots a day and we'll believe you. Also - don't comment on things you're clueless about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    [video=youtube;ta5HTLVYs08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta5HTLVYs08[/]

So this Chef got busted doing a line of coke, hilarious right? Anyone noticed how NO-ONE in the room gives a shit? As if its the most common thing in the world? Guess what, it is.

At 40 euro's a gram, an average do-er would need around 150 bucks a DAY to provide that habit. Needless to say you got to have 4k a month lying around to uphold a coke habit. Do you have 4k spare? Guess what, neither does 99% of the earths population. Coke is a rich mans drug Celebrities, TV people, actors, singers, songwriters, businessmen, etc. Those are the people that make 20h days, earn the cash and need that shit to keep their eyes open.

Anyone ever wondered why we NEVER hear about coke? Like ever? Weed? Oh boy! But nevermind 5 actors OD-ing on hardcore stuff each year and people going "yeah, we know he used".... Really?... You knew?.. And did nothing? And theres the problem folks.

I hear more about meth and prescription drub abuse in my local news than weed.

You're wrong. You don't need 4k a month to have a Coke habit. It can be done very recreationally. no one cares because they aren't hurting anyone and no one will care until they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was addicted to cocaine for a couple years. Was doing at least a gram a day. I'm glad I've put that behind me. The thing is, it's easy for the cops to find weed, not so easy to find cocaine. You can smell good pot a mile away.

Do you have 4k spare? Guess what, neither does 99% of the earths population. Coke is a rich mans drug
    Those are the people that make 20h days, earn the cash and need that shit to keep their eyes open.
    Anyone ever wondered why we NEVER hear about coke? Like ever? Weed? Oh boy!

I'm not quite sure you're saying what you want to say.

To me it sounds like you're complaining that you require too much money to be able to maintain a cocain habit, and that you need to be able to maintain a cocain habit to be able to make any real money.

And then seem to imply that there's a conspiracy about keeping this secret by focusing people on marijuana instead, after already saying that cocaine is only used by the "1%".

If that's what you are saying, I may not have followed the whole "Occupy" movement, but I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to legalize or drop the price of cocaine.

Apparently, people don't know a ton about the culinary industry.

The kitchen line is like a modern pirate ship. Different backgrounds. Different interests. All usually bond over booze and drugs.

Note this observation is purely anecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think an interesting debate that we could actually have here, is this. Is it possibly for people at certain high status, high stakes professions to actually perform the tasks required from them without some form of medicinal help? Not just the celebrities, but more importantly managers and finance employees working 100+ hour weeks.
    I agree. years ago when i was pulling 80-100hr weeks in design, while not cocaine, i don't think anyone could do it without caffeine. i got it through coffee, and i also smoked and drank a lot. others just coped with caffeine through soda. THAT SAID, i knew people who were maintaining those hours off the sheer power of cocaine. those who didnt do any of that couldn't maintain the pace, hours or workload wise.

By the end i was 125-135 lbs, and I'm 5'11". I gained 25lbs within 3months after ending that lifestyle. ha
    Last edited by Ornerybear; 2016-01-25 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    drugs are totally fine if you're not a sad person who only gets joy and fulfillment from them

the war on drugs is the greatest lie ever

so... do more cocaine?

15+ Year Old Account
    People can do coke on weekends and stuff. But yes, it is generally a rich persons drug.

There is a certain satellite tv provider that the majority of my high school friends went to work for. Within 6 months they were ALL using cocaine regularly to get through the mandatory overtime. I'm talking 15+ people all went from the occasional joint or getting hammered once or twice a month at the bar, to full on cocaine use just to keep up with their 80/hr week $10/hr job. I don't associate with any of them any more but I know a lot who quit working there and kept with the cocaine lifestyle because they were able to manage it and they truly enjoyed it. I know a few others that ended up in jail because they couldn't handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real issue is how difficult it is to get in Malta.

Allegedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crack is whack!

Maybe it was sinus medication.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Like any drug addiction, there are functional addicts that most people ignore because their addiction hasn't become a disruption.

Deleted
    At 40 euro's a gram, an average do-er would need around 150 bucks a DAY to provide that habit.
    Sorry, but that's very extreme. Normal user probably only needs 10-40 euro a day to provide his habit. I'm speaking from experience. I've only once spend about 100 a day and it was one exceptionally crazy night with a group of friends.

Just paying enough to take that occasional shot to keep your addiction going would mean you only need about 10-20 euro a day. Most people can afford this, it's only about double as expensive as smoking.

I actually know quite a lot of people who have done this or still do this. You're quite far from the truth. Usually people start out with an experimental gram for a party. Then they get excited and build up their desire, which could lead to an exceptional spending of over 100 euro, but they eventually lower their intake to just enough to keep their buzz. This is the point where they are addicted. And since it's so costly they aren't going to spend as much in one weekend, they're more likely to spread out the using over the entire week.

It's true though that celebrities go all out on this stuff. But they use FAR more than your average do-er. This is easily explained since an average do-er simply doesn't have the means to constantly buy a shitload of grams. They can only go all out very occasionally (experimental stage) or not at all (later point in addiction).

Also, it's probably a psychological thing for celebrities. If you have that much money and there's nothing in the world to buy that you don't already have it's quite hard to satisfy your needs. You seek a new high in order to feel alive. That's how so many get addicted to drugs, there's nothing else that makes them feel alive anymore, everything has become too normal, even fast cars and expensive houses. That coupled with more than enough income to sustain their addiction explains why celebrities are crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Like any drug addiction, there are functional addicts that most people ignore because their addiction hasn't become a disruption.
    This a million times. You only hear about the addicted that disrupt their social surroundings while a much larger group of addicts know how to stay functional and hide their addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewce View Post
    OP: You clearly have no clue how a coke addiction works. Show us a pic of your busted up arms from shooting 20+ shots a day and we'll believe you. Also - don't comment on things you're clueless about.
    That's kinda embarrassing :S. You put Cocaine up your nose (or sometimes if your feeling adventurous, up the butt!), you don't hard line it.

Still no idea what the OPs point is though. We don't talk about Cocaine use because rich people use it? It isn't a problem because only high earners can maintain a big habit? Cocaine can help you with long hours? Either way, each to their own really. However the problem with drugs isn't exactly that they ruin the lives of the users, it's all the money organised crime makes out of it which in turn ruins lives as they fight it out for control of a ridiculously profitable industry. Hell if you want a reason to make drugs legal, go with that one.

If you want to work longer but can't afford Cocaine then just take Speed, much cheaper.

Cocaine is a sometimes drug. You don't do it every day. Your math is shit.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.