10+ Year Old Account

6.2 CM BiS / Guide?

Is there any current list? Are the HFC Trinkets any useful?

I assume Frost is the spec to go

Deleted
    Multi > crit is the general stat prio to follow and frost is indeed the spec to go

As for HFC trinkets, the Unblinking Gaze of Sethe is very decent in Cms
    Prophecry of Fear i found very usefull in combination with comet storm since every comet procs the trinket explosion
    Copelands Clarity is another really strong trinket if u want to invest into it
    The multistrike trinket from the last boss in everbloom is also a solid choice, it has low passive stats but a very nice proc.
    If u are an alchemist the alchemy is a solid choice aswell.

honestly for gold u will be good with any of these trinkets

Deleted
    Frost is definitely the spec to go to for CMs. I used the Stone of Fire (alchemy trinket) and the PoF. PoF definitely came in handy during the larger aoe's when combined with comet storm. Later on, I started switching to goren soul repository right before bossfights (not necessarily because it's bis, but because it was the best I had at the time).

Frost is the easiest to use, Multi>Crit with Copeland's/Stone of Fire/Unblinking Gaze/Prophecy.

However, Fire is actually stronger AoE if you can manage to get a bunch of crit/multi and double crit gear from timewalkers with GSR and copeland's or prophecy. Combustion isn't worth pressing for anything other than IB reset at 630 ilvl, but Living Bomb and DB are massive burst damage. Just a fun fact if you didn't like Frost for whatever reason.

Deleted
    Frost is the way to go, but don't use any Dungeon trikets like the one from Everbloom endboss, they are clearly underbudget. I used the alechemy trinket versatility/int proc and the blackhand trinket.... it got quite the same amount of MS and a lot more static int. Some peole say go MS/Crit others say MS/haste....
    I used MS+ a combination of crit/haste. This will serve you quite well as far as I can see. You won't make a realm time, but still make gold.

Deleted
    And to derail a bit the thread - any tips and tricks regarding talents, glyphs etc? I have already prepared the gear for my journey to Gold, but would like to read also a mage specific shizzles on the matter, if someone have anything on the matter

Has anyone tried a setup of Arcane Orb/Supernova Arcane Mage? I suspect it will be occasionally good with Prophecy of Fear and another trinket, possibly a statstick or Sethe. But in reality it may end up unreliable since these are timed events and they can't tolerate much RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    And to derail a bit the thread - any tips and tricks regarding talents, glyphs etc?
    I wonder if they go with Comet Storm and PoF.

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    Has anyone tried a setup of Arcane Orb/Supernova Arcane Mage? I suspect it will be occasionally good with Prophecy of Fear and another trinket, possibly a statstick or Sethe. But in reality it may end up unreliable since these are timed events and they can't tolerate much RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if they go with Comet Storm and PoF.
    PoF + Comet Storm or PoF Arcane are huge dick damage *when they proc.* So the first pull of an instance? You destroy everyone. But procs are super unreliable after that, use at your own risk.

In my opinion farming a CM set for Mage isn't worth it. Your damage is going to be mediocre anyway just save yourself the trouble and make your Enh Shaman/Hunter friends carry your group.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    And to derail a bit the thread - any tips and tricks regarding talents, glyphs etc? I have already prepared the gear for my journey to Gold, but would like to read also a mage specific shizzles on the matter, if someone have anything on the matter
    Ring of frost is really good for aoe disruption on the packs if your group is lacking stuns. I used PC for my runs before I got prophecy, is reliable for aoe & works great with glyph of splitting ice & frost bomb. Greater invisibility is a good choice as well for the easier sync with the rest of the group on invis potion with it being instant invis & means you can use an extra dps potion throughout the run

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    In my opinion farming a CM set for Mage isn't worth it. Your damage is going to be mediocre anyway just save yourself the trouble and make your Enh Shaman/Hunter friends carry your group.
    Did I miss anything or how do Enh Shamans carry? Is it because of firenova?

Quote Originally Posted by Tublerone View Post
    They were strong in CMs before (strong AoE and ST at that gear level + good utility in glyphed grounding totem, capacitor and AG) but Mirror of the Blademaster gave a large bump to all agi dps with the release of HFC which cemented their position.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    They were strong in CMs before (strong AoE and ST at that gear level + good utility in glyphed grounding totem, capacitor and AG) but Mirror of the Blademaster gave a large bump to all agi dps with the release of HFC which cemented their position.
    And then there's Soul Capacitor which they can use to 1 shot bosses as well :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XsBQ3nIQhg

Think that 1 item did the same thing extra sockets did in MoP.

For sure but soul cap use in CMs goes a bit beyond what your average group of friends will be doing (it's a terrible CM trinket outside of the large trash pack -> one shot boss usage which is only really a relevant tactic for people who would be pushing realm bests and such anyway).

Mirror on the other hand is godly regardless of the groups coordination/skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tublerone View Post
    Enh is just really good for CMs. You have insane AOE with Fire Nova and Spinny Trinket. Insane boss damage with Primal Ele, Ascendance, and Ele Mastery being up probably the whole fight. Good utility with Cap totem and Guidance and Grounding Totem just completely breaking some mechanics.
    Hi Sephurik