Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Oregon standoff hopefully coming to end

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ources-n504911

This has been on the news here for the last hour. I'm in Oregon and glad to see something finally happening. Sorry it ended in a death and injury...but thankfully it didn't end any worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they got a man killed.

Hmm, good use of everyone's time, right?

What were they protesting again? That they should be able to illegally graze cattle on government lands for free?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks someone died.
    They seemed pretty harmless, but the gunfire seems to prove otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, I hope they charge the people they arrested with the dead man's murder under the felony murder rule.

Under the felony murder rule, all participants of a felony can be charged with murder if a homicide occurs. This is true even if a participant isn't directly responsible for the death. For example, the driver of a getaway car can be charged with felony murder if his partner accidently shoots someone while attempting to rob a bank. The purpose for the felony murder rule is to deter people from engaging in felonies knowing that they can be liable for the actions of their partners.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2016-01-27 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Sucks someone died.
    They seemed pretty harmless, but the gunfire seems to prove otherwise.
    They were by on means harmless. They've been threatening law enforcement and even local residents the whole time they've been there. They even had the Indian tribe who has more right to use the land than them up in arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

What were they protesting again? That they should be able to illegally graze cattle on government lands for free?
    Exactly....and even came from out of state to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    They were by on means harmless. They've been threatening law enforcement and even local residents the whole time they've been there. They even had the Indian tribe who has more right to use the land than them up in arms.
    Perhaps it's just the media aspect I've seen here in AZ, but they seemed like fucking morons (armed of course). No cold weather gear, not enough food, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Perhaps it's just the media aspect I've seen here in AZ, but they seemed like fucking morons (armed of course). No cold weather gear, not enough food, etc.
    I think the worst part is they brought women and children with them. That's why the Fed's stayed backed off for so long. Protesters probably wanted another Waco.

Hopefully the government starts with charges like trespassing on federal property, destruction of federal property, unlawful access to federal computers or possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in federal facilities. Then move on to terrorism charges like conspiracy and then ending with interfering with commerce. Charge all of the people there with these charges. Lesson learned that when the town asked them to go home they should've took the hint and left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Hopefully the government starts with charges like trespassing on federal property, destruction of federal property, unlawful access to federal computers or possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in federal facilities. Then move on to terrorism charges like conspiracy and then ending with interfering with commerce. Charge all of the people there with these charges. Lesson learned that when the town asked them to go home they should've took the hint and left.
    I sure hope so. Last check they had the leaders arrested and several others. It's so damn peaceful over there too. I hope they get sent away for a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Charged as follows:

All of the named defendants face a federal felony charge of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation, or threats, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372.

Pretty close to charges of sedition actually.

Reports are the dude who got killed was the "tarp guy" who said he would die before being arrested. My guess is he was the one who started shooting. Hopefully the people left at the refuge will accept the arrest peacefully.

Anyways I fully expect the book to be thrown at these guys they should be guilty of a pretty wide variety of charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Charged as follows:

All of the named defendants face a federal felony charge of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation, or threats, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372.

Pretty close to charges of sedition actually.
    That is just the initial charge the "federal probability" or whatever they were talking about in the news articles I read. They haven't been able to do a proper investigation of all that they have done on the federal property yet. Expect many more charges to be added on to the leaders at the very least.

Those damn libera... oh wait..

Hopefully they have more details by the time the night is done.

Edit: They're saying the dead guy is the guy who said he wouldn't be taken alive.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/lavo...otout-reports/
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2016-01-27 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

They were protesting mandatory minimum sentencing basically. What happened was in 2001 and 2006, the Hammonds who own a ranch bordering the refuge these militiamen are currently residing, set fires to some land during a burn ban that caught the refuge's land on fire and cost about $600,000 to put out. They were convicted in court of arson under a terrorism statute and people are saying they were convicted of terrorism which is entirely false. They destroyed federal property. The judge didn't think it was necessary to give them the mandatory minimum sentencing of 5 years in prison for the arson charges, so he gave the father like 4 months and the son like a year. The federal district court appealed the sentencing and made them serve the full 5 years of time for the mandatory minimums. So the stupid people that follow these militiamen are saying they are being hit with double jeopardy, which isn't even happening. So that is why they are there. To protest mandatory minimum sentencing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They were protesting mandatory minimum sentencing basically. What happened was in 2001 and 2006, the Hammonds who own a ranch bordering the refuge these militiamen are currently residing, set fires to some land during a burn ban that caught the refuge's land on fire and cost about $600,000 to put out. They were convicted in court of arson under a terrorism statute and people are saying they were convicted of terrorism which is entirely false. They destroyed federal property. The judge didn't think it was necessary to give them the mandatory minimum sentencing of 5 years in prison for the arson charges, so he gave the father like 4 months and the son like a year. The federal district court appealed the sentencing and made them serve the full 5 years of time for the mandatory minimums. So the stupid people that follow these militiamen are saying they are being hit with double jeopardy, which isn't even happening. So that is why they are there. To protest mandatory minimum sentencing.

No, not quite. Here's an article for you.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...lqaeda-n490031

These morons were so far gone they actually got into a shoot out with police? Like they actually SHOT at police officers?

Yeah okay. Time to lock them away forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shawna Cox, a mother of 12 and grandmother of 43, has been friends with the Bundy family for about 15 years, Donald Cox said.

What the fuck?

On topic: sad someone died. Glad it was only one who died, but also glad the rest will be going to prison now. What they were doing was not ok.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the initial charge is worth a fine, or not more than 6 years in prison, or both.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I'm not sad a criminal got shot.

A criminal whose entire thing the past while has been intimidating other people with guns and the threat of violence from guns, to get his way in a political matter.

The guy was a coward. He wasn't a patriot. He claimed to love the Constitution but the second he took up arms in an attempt to get his way, he trampled on it. No less than George Washington himself personally rode into battle to put down armed militants who sought to overturn the actions of the legitimate government by force of arms (Whiskey Rebellion).

This criminal had it coming from the second he decided to solve a political matter through anti-constitutional means. The rule of law must always be supreme over the rule of the gun. To believe otherwise is un-American. Hell, it's un-Modern Western Civilization.

Don't send flowers. Take your dog for a walk on his grave. Or hell, do what folks have been doing and send him more dildos.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-01-27 at 06:49 AM.

It's funny because these Y'all Qaeda members are now felons. So when they get out they won't be allowed to own any firearms.

Deleted
    So lets all agree now that they are terrorists.....