Poll: Faster Ring Catch Up?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Would you play alts more if you could catch up the ring faster?

The ring is such a huge part of raiding, and on newer alts that still have to do the catch up, it's almost like you are so disadvantaged it's like why bother?

I know theres catch up mechanics in place already, but at this point, why not make it even faster for those new alts?
    Hi

honestly, I raid heroics just fine on my alts in 710 pvp gear lol

I can't catch up the ring in ashran, so I really don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fast enough already. Not only do you get a near 100% drop rate on your alts for all of the Highmaul, BRF, AND Hellfire Citadel pieces, but you can also farm valour points for your ring. There's plenty of catch-up mechanics in place. Boohoo for people who won't max their ring before Legion hits. You still have plenty of time anyways.

Yes, I would play my alts more than I do currently(not much, though, because I already play my alts quite a lot), and I would definitely enjoy it more. They're all already on Tomes or have the ring, but having to do Archi and a bunch of VP shit each week on each one of them is just not particularly enjoyable. Would be nice if once you'd maxed a ring, all your other rings just started at like 765 or something.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-02-08 at 03:16 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It would help, but the main thing that keeps me from playing my alts is the fact that LFR doesn't drop tier gear anymore. My alts complete most of their rings (up to the HFC stage) through the garrison/shipyard missions.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I know theres catch up mechanics in place already, but at this point, why not make it even faster for those new alts?
    So like, faster-faster?
    IMO letting folks buy ring upgrades with valor is a great catchup method since folks would run mythic dungeons for the most efficient valor gain.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Truthfully if it was faster I'd play my alts less because I'd be done quicker.

I like that it takes a long time because I get to spend more time playing a class that I love.

No. I don't see myself with more than 1 ALT for Raiding.

And if an Alt it's not for raiding there is no point looking forward a Legendary item.

Hell no.

But that's because I'm not interested in raiding the same instance for another 7 montHsu and you can't make me

yea. i couldn't stand playing alts that were so far behind.

I think the grind being bad speaks more to the mandatory nature of the ring than to the speed of its acquisition. In previous expansions (WotLK, Cata) you could hop on a new toon, gear it in ~2 lockouts if you got lucky with drops, and be just fine to run most of the current content.

The ring grind, however shorter it is today than it was initially, is still a chore to do decent competitive alt DPS. I used to have like 4 alts all raid ready by this point in a tier, and got a lot of enjoyment out of pugging multiple specs and roles. I'm stuck on my shaman though, because I don't have the ring on other toons. I just don't like this model. I had the same problem in MOP, but at least in MOP you could run newer raids and get the previous raid legendary component drops.

In WoD, I would have played my alts more if there were no garrisons or at least an account-bound garrison.

The problem isn't just catching up with the ring quest. If I decide to level a mage to 100 then I have to first gain enough resources to get my garrison to level 3, I need to gain 25 followers and gear them up for some sweet well-fare epics, I need to unlock the shipyard to go to Tanaan and also level it to level 3 eventually and unlock numerous schematics for ships.

There's just so much boring and repetitive crap you have to do on each character, and it feels shittier for every time you start over. Hopefully in Legion, the only catching up we'll have to do is levelling artifacts by actually playing the game (dungeons/pvp/world content/raiding) instead of playing mini games in your garrison.

Deleted
    Nope, I am down to two chars and I am totally fine with that.

But would it not be better, if you would have something to do with your main?
    So that rollng alts would not even be a thing

I got burned out getting the ring on my main, so I haven't even bothered starting the quest on any alts. I should finish, I've just gotten so sick of running HFC and I'm still missing half the tomes
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Nah, I have 11 alts , none have even done the first quest for the ring. It just isn't worth the slog to me. My main has it capped , that is all I cared about. Like some one else said, My alts do just fine in 710 PVP kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    the ring should just be account wide. Since when should we punish players who want to try something new, or even help their guild out by switching to a needed role?

I currently have four completed rings (two maxed). If having more rings would net you more of the quest items I may go after another one. Currently I couldn't be bothered, I regret spending so much time to get my druids ring who I hardly play currently.

do you really even need the ring at this point? if you aren't actively still raiding that is.