Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    "Until 1985, the wall declared the University of Oregon “leader in the quest for the good life for all men.” That was replaced with the King quote after feminists objected to the implication that Oregon only cared about “men.”"

*facedesk*
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-01-27 at 10:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people are just stupid. Too stupid even for the internet D:

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL SJWs have to double down this year! They are getting face stomped on all fronts.
    2016 is going to be the best /popcorn year ever.

They should change it to:

"I have a dream that one day SJWs and Feminists will stop getting butt-hurt over everything. I have a dream."

10+ Year Old Account
    Good smart kids, looks like they know how to actually challenge beliefs and traditions, ALL beliefs and tradition, regardless to sellouts and salesmen who think otherwise.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Well to some effect there's truth to the claim MLK wasn't inclusive: it's proven that he suppressed Bayard Rustin from public notoriety and dismissed him from working for MLK, due to the fact that his homosexuality would stir up controversy and threaten the civil rights movement. In general other civil rights leaders suppressed and attacked Rustin for his homosexuality as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the... Okay, let's change it into: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, by their gender identity, by their accent, by their nationality, by their ethnicity, by their musical taste, by their religion, by their..." *goes on for a few hours, then falls asleep... wakes up* Huh, what happened? Were we talking about something?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Well to some effect there's truth to the claim MLK wasn't inclusive: it's proven that he suppressed Bayard Rustin from public notoriety and dismissed him from working for MLK, due to the fact that his homosexuality would stir up controversy and threaten the civil rights movement. In general other civil rights leaders suppressed and attacked Rustin for his homosexuality.
    No, there isn't any proof of that, it is just conjecture and made up bullshit conjured up by a bunch of angry white nationalist racist, who think anybody with a brain is ignorant to the fact that yes, MLKjr was imperfect as anybody else, none of that over shadows the cause he knew he would die for.

As for the OP challenging the status quo, is good, and I don't think their review has anything to do with wanting to actually take away from MLKjr's accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    True, but you can say the same for Gandhi and black people, etc. But for them, the fight was specifically personal. Interesting though, that MLK admired Gandhi; Gandhi was not exactly "nice" to black people. But you look past people's personal foibles and look for the good.
    No. You look at both the good and the bad and make your conclusions and judgements based on that. I don't know what it does to say "but you can say the same for..."

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You look at both the good and the bad and make your conclusions and judgements based on that. I don't know what it does to say "but you can say the same for..."
    Ok MLKjr probably masturbating to disturbing thoughts as a teenager, and might have peed the bed until he was 5. How or why would that be in any way important to know about him when most people of average intelligence can assume any of that themselves?

The answer is it makes no difference, just like any relationship he had with another man, if he didn't feel that was an important detail to reveal in his life IF true, why the fuck would it be important now, It certainly doesn't confirm or deny he hated gay people or anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Ok MLKjr probably masturbating to disturbing thoughts as a teenager, and might have peed the bed until he was 5. How or why would that be in any way important to know about him when most people of average intelligence can assume any of that themselves?

The answer is it makes no difference, just like any relationship he had with another man, if he didn't feel that was an important detail to reveal in his life IF true, why the fuck would it be important now, It certainly doesn't confirm or deny he hated gay people or anybody else.
    ... How is that at all related to what he was posting?

Peeing the bed isn't relevant. Whereas dismissing a homosexual is relevant. One was done when he was younger, and the other was done when he was trying to fight for equality. I wouldn't expect someone so delusional to understand, so I have no idea why I'm even trying.

You mean that's what the well educated, highly skeptical person would do. Look at Mall Security's posts to be proven wrong in this instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    ... How is that at all related to what he was posting?

Peeing the bed isn't relevant. Whereas dismissing a homosexual is relevant. One was done when he was younger, and the other was done when he was trying to fight for equality. I wouldn't expect someone so delusional to understand, so I have no idea why I'm even trying.

You mean that's what the well educated, highly skeptical person would do. Look at Mall Security's posts to be proven wrong in this instance.
    Because speculating on the orientation of a gay guy is irrelevant to that dead guys memory and what he died for, especially when for all intense purposes it is speculation, and not true.

Keep in mind he was actually murdered, so if he was gay and if he ever planned on coming out we will never know.

All of that aside, I know where the idiotic rumor comes from and it is less about being critical of MLKjr and what he stood for, but is more about basically equating the possibility with reality.

As for why you even tried to skate an argument by as thought it matters considering what I said, I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, MLK is a bigot for promoting an inclusive society and shying away from multiculturalism. At least, by today's standards.

Best tweet I saw on this subject was "we've reached Peak Social Justice".

MLK's most famous quote from his most famous speech is the basis for what we children of the 70s, 80s, and early 90s were raised to idealize -- the colorblind society. A good thing, back before the descent into full societal retard began. Now, any time you refer to King on these terms, people are eager to tell you how the "real" King was very radical, militant, etc. They fail, perhaps, to realize that if that was the "real" King and the "real" King had been understood for what he was at the time, he would never have been given a holiday in his honor or the unending praise of history -- that's all stuff that the "fake" King earned and that only the "fake" King deserves.

But I digress; the fact that this is even a topic chronological adults can be having and take themselves seriously is proof of the failure of a generation, or at least a particular institute of "higher" "learning".
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2016-01-27 at 11:27 PM.

I never understand how it is possible for people to become increasingly stupid.

Stupid shit like this has happened on all campuses for years. Problem is, this somehow makes national news now. Like the other cases, this is just an instance of stupid kids being stupid kids. They recognize lack of diversity and inclusiveness around them as problems but they don't know how to go about making meaningful changes; so they instead focus on stupid shit like building names, mottoes, and safe spaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, the King quote was to the lobby after students complained about another quote. Until 1985, the wall declared the University of Oregon “leader in the quest for the good life for all men.” That was replaced with the King quote after feminists objected to the implication that Oregon only cared about “men.”
    Lets just be clear and recognize that nobody is perfect.

Everyone wants to be a hero for social justice these days, and that fine, its noble.

But you don't become a hero by destroying the image of your predecessors. You build on their foundation. Okay, MLK Jr. did great work but we think we can do better... GREAT! DO IT! But he doesn't have to be taken off a pedestal for you to do that. Especially when so many people view him as a champion for social justice.

So in your effort to expand that justice, you make an enemy of a great man, thereby alienating people that would have otherwise been on your side... its just ignorance upon ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Lets just be clear and recognize that nobody is perfect.

Everyone wants to be a hero for social justice these days, and that fine, its noble.

But you don't become a hero by destroying the image of your predecessors. You build on their foundation. Okay, MLK Jr. did great work but we think we can do better... GREAT! DO IT! But he doesn't have to be taken off a pedestal for you to do that. Especially when so many people view him as a champion for social justice.

So in your effort to expand that justice, you make an enemy of a great man, thereby alienating people that would have otherwise been on your side... its just ignorance upon ignorance.
    Probably the most thoughtful and even response given, pretty reflective of actually being better than trying talk and claim you are, great post.

Couldn't agree more BRAVO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Because speculating on the orientation of a gay guy is irrelevant to that dead guys memory and what he died for, especially when for all intense purposes it is speculation, and not true.

Keep in mind he was actually murdered, so if he was gay and if he ever planned on coming out we will never know.

All of that aside, I know where the idiotic rumor comes from and it is less about being critical of MLKjr and what he stood for, but is more about basically equating the possibility with reality.

As for why you even tried to skate an argument by as thought it matters considering what I said, I don't know.
    Wait what are you even talking about? No one insinuated MLK was gay.