View Poll Results: Should steroids be legal in pro sports?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

18 16.98%
  • No.

74 69.81%
  • Don't care. Either way

12 11.32%
  • Undecided.

2 1.89%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should steroids be legal in pro sports?

With recent talk if the Broncos star Quarterback I wonder considering the history. Should steroid or performance altering drugs be allowed in pro sports or left to society to enforce outside pro sports?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Nope.

All you have to do is look at pro bodybuilders who have for years been juicing on a consistent schedule to see the damage it does to them and if it causes any of the anger symptoms, potentially other people. If you legalized it in sports you'd see the competitive edge push it to what pro bodybuilders have been doing behind the scenes for years and it's ruinous to health, that definitely should not be what we encourage anyone to be doing.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only assuming it was actually a regulated process for those who wanted to take part, which I suppose would default be everyone. Football has people signing up to get brain damage, this doesn't seem any worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Nope.

All you have to do is look at pro bodybuilders who have for years been juicing on a consistent schedule to see the damage it does to them and if it causes any of the anger symptoms, potentially other people. If you legalized it in sports you'd see the competitive edge push it to what pro bodybuilders have been doing behind the scenes for years and it's ruinous to health, that definitely should not be what we encourage anyone to be doing.
    But is that any worse than other realities of pro sports. Also isn't the use of steroids up to the individual?

Also what if steroids could be made safer?

Can you imagine the pressure professional athletes would be under to take untested substances just to keep up with the competition? Drugs are banned from sports because it's a massive health risk for the athletes involved. If every match comes down to which players are willing to sacrifice the most years off their lives to win then you may as well just bring back bloodsports.

I would say yes. They are trashing their bodies anyways by playing professional sports (joint damage, concussions, etc). Also the "anger symptoms" are not necessarily a function of steroids but testosterone in general. There are plenty of scrawny assholes who beat their wives/children without taking steroids. Conversely I have also known several close friends who did use steroids and were still super nice guys, even at peak cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure why not, go ahead and legalize steroids in the Olympics too while you're at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Can you imagine the pressure professional athletes would be under to take untested substances just to keep up with the competition? Drugs are banned from sports because it's a massive health risk for the athletes involved. If every match comes down to which players are willing to sacrifice the most years off their lives to win then you may as well just bring back bloodsports.
    Yeah but isn't that happening anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah but isn't that happening anyways.
    Not to the same degree. Not even close. If the only way to become an athlete is to juice from the age of 14 and die at 35 I think that'd be an issue.

No...slippery slope...personally I think steroids are dangerous and the 1-2 women I have seen who were definitely on steroids were scary looking.

steroids shortens the life and quality of life more than even the most dangerous sports

making them legal also makes them mandatory as in order to perform you would need to take them

essentially saying that we dont care about athletes, we care about results

when were there as a society it will be made legal

they should make two leagues, the roid league and the what we would call the normies league

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Not to the same degree. Not even close. If the only way to become an athlete is to juice from the age of 14 and die at 35 I think that'd be an issue.
    Is it and is it something we can stop. I mean like the possibility another pro athlete like the Broncos quarterback might be juicing?

If he is should he lose all he worked for because of his personal choice?

Don't steroids cause health problems?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

But is that any worse than other realities of pro sports. Also isn't the use of steroids up to the individual?

Also what if steroids could be made safer?
    The difference is if you legalize it in the pros then it almost mandates that kids coming up through travel leagues, college and semi pro teams do it because there's no way you'd compete against those who were otherwise. You already have cases of kids doing that on the sly just because they want that extra oomph to get that extra exposure. Hell you'd probably have cases of those sports mom and dads encouraging and procuring it for their kid if they were trying to push them into it.

Legalized for sports, steroids would stop being up to the individual, it'd be a mandatory thing that teams would embrace no different than ice baths and every other training regimen, therapy and program they already use and again because the pros make it a mandatory thing it would become a mandatory thing all the way down the chain of leagues as the end goal of everyone is to make it to the pros.

I seriously doubt that steroids could ever be made safer without us basically discovering the fountain of youth, more or less.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Is it and is it something we can stop. I mean like the possibility another pro athlete like the Broncos quarterback might be juicing?

If he is should he lose all he worked for because of his personal choice?
    Professional sports would be far more entertaining if steroids were mandatory. Heck, not only should the juice everyone up with the stuff that makes you super strong and super aggressive, they should also do other drugs like bath salts and meth. Football games would be totally amazing if you had players literally eating eachother's faces.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yup, and these folks are role models. No way should this stuff be legal, or tolerated in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    Yup, and these folks are role models. No way should this stuff be legal, or tolerated in any way.
    Exactly. Btw nice Bombay in your avatar, best cat breed ever.

I dont really care, but I will say I never cared about baseball till those 2 roid uses went for the home run record. Once that was over, I stopped caring.

Lets have 2 leagues, 1 for roids one with out. see which is more popular.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Such as bouncing a soccar ball off your skull?