View Poll Results: Should steroids be legal in pro sports?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

18 16.98%
  • No.

74 69.81%
  • Don't care. Either way

12 11.32%
  • Undecided.

2 1.89%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    To reiterate: seriously, you do not want to see women on steroids. I am not going to link images here but dear God you do not want this to happen in the pro female sport circuit.

No, steroids should not be legal. There are many many reasons for this.

1. It is extremely detrimental to health.
    2. It encourages young people to do something extremely detrimental to health.
    3. It would encourage higher and higher dosages which has increased risks of damage.
    4. It narrows the gap between those who are gifted and those who cheat.
    5. In some sports, significantly increased strength and size could lead to significantly more injuries.
    6. A million more reasons.

Keep it illegal, regulate it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Uh the Williams sisters are nothing compared to what you would see if steroids were legal in pro sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    To reiterate: seriously, you do not want to see women on steroids. I am not going to link images here but dear God you do not want this to happen in the pro female sport circuit.
    Well you don't personally I can handle people making a personal choice. I also like muscle. You can do all that lady stuff for whom ever
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Dont get me wrong im all for making steroids legal cause i firmly believe what you put in your body is your business but if you want to compete on a level playing field wheir the object is to judge human strengths without chemical enhancements then steroids or any chemical enhancements must be banned in competitive sport!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No, steroids should not be legal. There are many many reasons for this.

1. It is extremely detrimental to health.
    2. It encourages young people to do something extremely detrimental to health.
    3. It would encourage higher and higher dosages which has increased risks of damage.
    4. It narrows the gap between those who are gifted and those who cheat.
    5. In some sports, significantly increased strength and size could lead to significantly more injuries.
    6. A million more reasons.

Keep it illegal, regulate it better.
    None of those reason prevents any other well known harm.

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    yes, most top athletes are already juicing. For example in weightlifting (olympic sport) it's pretty much known that all the top competitors are using. Testing does basically nothing as most are able to find ways around it. It's just stupid, why put all this money into testing when we know it doesnt work. Also steroids are not as bad as people in this thread are saying, but that's not surprising since most people here dont know much about them and just heard about them on the media or whatever (and they are portrayed as this really evil thing everywhere lol). Of course abusing steroids is bad, but if used correctly and in moderation they're not as bad. Anyways not saying they are good but just not as bad as most people think they are. A pretty good documentary about steroids is "bigger faster stronger"
    They are incredibly dangerous to health, but screw science and medicine. Let's listen to a pro-roid documentary. That seems like a non-biased source of information. Roids are far more dangerous than most people believe, because they don't understand the effect of excessive testosterone on the human body. Unless we want the life spans of athletes to be further reduced, there is no place for anabolic steroids in sports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    None of those reason prevents any other well known harm.
    Actually they all do. Which is why when we regulate things, we typically see a dramatic decline in them. When we stop allowing people to promote them, we see a dramatic decline. Smoking has been reduced to all-time low levels by reducing exposure through media. But you're right, nothing works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uh the Williams sisters are nothing compared to what you would see if steroids were legal in pro sports.
    They are using steroids, whether it's legal or not. And in most sports you don't need big muscle mass, freaks will stay in bodybuilding.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are incredibly dangerous to health, but screw science and medicine. Let's listen to a pro-roid documentary. That seems like a non-biased source of information. Roids are far more dangerous than most people believe, because they don't understand the effect of excessive testosterone on the human body. Unless we want the life spans of athletes to be further reduced, there is no place for anabolic steroids in sports.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they all do. Which is why when we regulate things, we typically see a dramatic decline in them. When we stop allowing people to promote them, we see a dramatic decline. Smoking has been reduced to all-time low levels by reducing exposure through media. But you're right, nothing works.
    People find other outlets just as bad and other drugs like pro sports.

People find other outlets just as bad and other drugs like pro sports.
    So your argument is that we should allow athletes to do whatever and promote whatever they want because people can always find something bad. I would begin to insult you, but you're Mall Security and you're always saying stuff that would make a toddler feel like a genius.

I just wish for once you were honest about your opinions (I pray to all gods that the way you act here isn't actually what you believe)

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the argument you wouldn't want to see women on steroids when men play pro sports seems pretty stupid and sexist.

Well you don't personally I can handle people making a personal choice. I also like muscle. You can do all that lady stuff for whom ever
    I am not against muscle on women but steroid use is extreme. Women grow facial hair, the clitoris can elongate, their musculature can be indistinguishable from pro male bodybuilders, etc.

We're not talking about women who just have a bit of extra muscle definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your argument is that we should allow athletes to do whatever and promote whatever they want because people can always find something bad. I would begin to insult you, but you're Mall Security and you're always saying stuff that would make a toddler feel like a genius.

I just wish for once you were honest about your opinions (I pray to all gods that the way you act here isn't actually what you believe)
    Nope just asking why we can't allow these adults to choose for themselves.

Actually the argument you wouldn't want to see women on steroids when men play pro sports seems pretty stupid and sexist.
    I am against both as per my first post in this thread, steroid use comes with numerous health risks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope just asking why we can't allow these adults to choose for themselves.
    They're welcome not to play in the pros if they want to take steroids. You play for an employer, you work under their rules.

and sorts already regulate for saftey anyway. Thats why targeting is an auto 15 yards and occasional ejection (keeps concussion risks lower).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not against muscle on women but steroid use is extreme. Women grow facial hair, the clitoris can elongate, their musculature can be indistinguishable from pro male bodybuilders, etc.

We're not talking about women who just have a bit of extra muscle definition.
    Yeah who cares how men or women look it's their choice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    They're welcome not to play in the pros if they want to take steroids. You play for an employer, you work under their rules.
    That's what I'm asking about to end the ban yes or no.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

and the pro sports have weighed on the issue, and said no. Comes with more risk than reward, and the potential to have teams peer pressure those that dont want to into either doing it, or dropping out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and the pro sports have weighed on the issue, and said no. Comes with more risk than reward, and the potential to have teams peer pressure those that dont want to into either doing it, or dropping out.
    Yes and I'm asking who feels differently about it and wouldn't care about the ban or thinks there shouldn't be one at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares how men or women act, it's their choice? Just because something is "Their choice" doesn't mean they should be allowed to choose it. Your stance is ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and I'm asking who feels differently about it and wouldn't care about the ban or thinks there shouldn't be one at all.
    Well when your answer to everyone is "let the individual decide", a "let the employer decide" is an acceptable rebuke. Especially when people do point out the negative side effects.