Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Petition to let shadow priests keep spectral guise!

From: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...54212?page=1#0

Spectral guise is 100% appropriate flavor for shadow, ESPECIALLY considering the new lore. Shadow should have more "illusion" tricks IMO considering it's all about Old God mind foolery...

You took lifegrip away from shadow priests but let disc and holy keep it...

You guys are removing just about every special utility we have to speak of...
    We lost void shift and hymn in WoD. Now we're losing mass dispel, halo/cascade, leap of faith, levitate (possibly?), disperse can't be used as an immunity in raids anymore, ANGELIC FEATHER (WHY!!?!!) and we're losing spectral guise too? I don't see enough new utility being added to compensate. The only new utility we have for raids is mind bomb.
    And y'know, the talent that KILLS us fairly quickly (which I'm anticipating will be used to cheese mechanics in some way)

That's it. You're taking away a lot of utility and giving just about nothing in return.

Disc gets to keep lifegrip. Let us keep spectral guise!! It's a beloved spell and shouldn't be going away.

Plus spectral guise is sooo useful, it's one of my favorite spells that my shadow priest has. Taking it away is depressing. Can't shadow keep something unique? The "shadowy image" thing just SCREAMS shadow...

Deleted
    Priest's vanishing? Since when did Priests become rogues.

No, It needs to go. Especially in PVP.

Since when did mages, hunters and druids become rogues?

A brief illusion is thematically appropriate for shadow, especially in PvP. We don't have that much CC anymore. Illusions are a unique flavor concept that belongs in the domain of Old-God magic...

Besides, PvP talents are separate now...And guess what we got back for PvP only? Void shift, man.

No chance, sadly. We're getting the role of being a melee training dummy, and that's pretty much how Blizzard wants us to be. It is obvious now.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regia View Post
    From: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...54212?page=1#0

Spectral guise is 100% appropriate flavor for shadow, ESPECIALLY considering the new lore. Shadow should have more "illusion" tricks IMO considering it's all about Old God mind foolery...

You took lifegrip away from shadow priests but let disc and holy keep it...

You guys are removing just about every special utility we have to speak of...
    We lost void shift and hymn in WoD. Now we're losing mass dispel, halo/cascade, leap of faith, levitate (possibly?), disperse can't be used as an immunity in raids anymore, ANGELIC FEATHER (WHY!!?!!) and we're losing spectral guise too? I don't see enough new utility being added to compensate. The only new utility we have for raids is mind bomb.
    And y'know, the talent that KILLS us fairly quickly (which I'm anticipating will be used to cheese mechanics in some way)

That's it. You're taking away a lot of utility and giving just about nothing in return.

Disc gets to keep lifegrip. Let us keep spectral guise!! It's a beloved spell and shouldn't be going away.

Plus spectral guise is sooo useful, it's one of my favorite spells that my shadow priest has. Taking it away is depressing. Can't shadow keep something unique? The "shadowy image" thing just SCREAMS shadow...
    Petitions are stupid and don't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No chance, sadly. We're getting the role of being a melee training dummy, and that's pretty much how Blizzard wants us to be. It is obvious now.
    This reminds me of a song.

Hyperbole, hyperbole, la la, la hyperbole!
    Hyperbole, hyperbole, la la, la hyperbole!
    Hyperbole! Duh-dum dum dum.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This reminds me of a song.
    Sure, anything that does not match your opinion totally is hyperbole.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

It really does need to stay. We have nothing compared to other classes

I'm going to miss it. I did not care for the pvp uses.

I just liked using it to mount up and get away from a mob.

No. Let all specs have access to it. It should still be a talent choice.

Deleted
    rip tactics cheesing. Now i'll have to use shadow meld to reset bosses

Angelic Feathers and Spectral Guise combo made PVE soloing really efficient for me.

Be curious how I manage without.

It was one of the best explorations of shadow magic we had and something that thematically separated us from warlocks while fleshing out the psychological illusionary aspects of the priest.

I support this!

Spectral guise was a very interesting ability and its not the type of ability they should be removing. it could easily fit on the t2/3 rows of talents if needed.

I get that utility is being removed across the board, but it was such a cool ability, whether it was good, bad or ugly was irrelevant, it was just cool.

Now is time to give feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Petitions are stupid and don't work.
    hmm.. ok i got one, Shadow dance changes / sub spec re-design. your turn!

It should be a talent option for ALL the Priest specs, it's one of the few abilities added in later expansions that serve a purpose for all specs and is not completely useless. Removing it for the sake of "class fantasy" is a joke, what happened to the motto of "gameplay first"?

Why is it going away? If anything, we need more stealth, we command the shadow, why should a robber have more expertise on it than us?

Deleted
    Spriest has barely any mobility or escapes whatsoever in Legion. Body and Soul is the only thing, and it doesn't remove snares, so it basically does nothing in PvP. There's no help from PvP talents either, since nothing affects mobility or escapes.

Considering the fact that Shadowform is gone (no dmg reduction, just a visual) I've no idea how this is supposed to work. Fear isn't an AoE, just a single target short stun. Spriest will be the worst melee target dummy since vanilla Warlocks.

After playing alpha, I really didn't find myself missing it at all in pve or pvp. Body and soul feels great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    After playing alpha, I really didn't find myself missing it at all in pve or pvp. Body and soul feels great.
    Not sure if serious. Perhaps the least amount of mobility in the game, and a very mediocre amount of crowd control (one single target stun one aoe, or a reduction in the cd for the first one). Less survivability options than most. What compensates? In Blizzard's eye the fact that Spriest can Dispel is worth a lot, it seems.

I also find the spec quite fun in PvE. My point is strictly about PvP, where Spriest is a complete afterthought.

...well resto druids QQ so they brought back cyclone didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Not sure if serious. Perhaps the least amount of mobility in the game, and a very mediocre amount of crowd control (one single target stun one aoe, or a reduction in the cd for the first one). Less survivability options than most. What compensates? In Blizzard's eye the fact that Spriest can Dispel is worth a lot, it seems.

I also find the spec quite fun in PvE. My point is strictly about PvP, where Spriest is a complete afterthought.
    Yes serious. I don't find myself missing it at all after playing for only a short time. Also, shadow priest has the most cc of any class in the game. Only rogues can compete. Horror, fear bomb, silence.....what class has 3 long duration ccs on three Dr's other than shadow?

Shadow priest is in the argument for the best caster on alpha right now (granted tallest midget here) . Heck, it's one of the few that can even pvp at all.

The sky isn't falling I promise.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-03-26 at 10:33 PM.