Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Almonds, Pistachios ...etc. they are fairly portable, fast and ...keep you held over for a good while.Just don't eat an entire can bag etc. Serving size is important with them.
    These are excellent choices, preferably raw. Pistachios especially are hard to overeat if you get them in their shells.

Meatball Supreme Pizza

bananas. Or any fruit really.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

When I know that my day is going to be busy and I probably won't have time for meals, I prepare a breakfast that's basically a can of tuna, some cheese and 3 sunny-side up eggs (or whatever you call them). When I eat this it keeps me going for almost the whole day. It's easy and fast to prepare it together on a plate and feels like a large meal.

Edit: I know it isn't really a snack, it's a regular meal, but it's cheap, healthy and keeps hunger away for a long time.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-01-28 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    white chocolate chips
    White chocolate isn't chocolate. As in, it has cocoa butter, but not the actual cocoa bean itself. Also, it's the most unhealthy of all the things called "chocolate". Dark chocolate, on the other hand, is a nice and healthy snack. If you pick proper, really dark chocolate, something like these, for example...

...then you'll sate your appetite and sweet tooth, plus it'll be healthy for you.

I make my own jerky.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You might have just described the most disgusting sounding yogurt on the face of the planet.
    Bleh.
    It tastes so good.

Almonds, bananas, apples, carrots, apples, water with lemon slices, cucumber all work well for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Meatball Supreme Pizza
    That's healthy and helps control hunger eh?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Chips and salsa, it's practically real food.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    snacks on the go: you cant beat a good oat based cereal bar. I carry them in the car, training bag, have a box in the office for when I don't have time to sit down and eat. I have some fairly expensive protein rich ones ones for when I don't have time to do the whole shake/meal thing after training. I usually have a couple of bananas too for some extra padding and chewing time +fibre so contributing to the sense of being filled up a little. I usually scoff a couple of bars and one or two bananas. If you have access to a microwave porridge sachets are awesome too. If you want to save money/packaging make up your own with freezer bags and a high quality porridge.

If I am going to be snacking heavily for days for something like a hiking trip or consecutive days of hill running I make up my own "trail mix" bags with dried fruits, seeds, nuts and so on. But these are very high calorie and are only really appropriate for on the move.

Dark chocolate is a really decent snack food as mentioned above, as well as the iron it has and so on, it isn't as moreish as milk chocolate.

edit: washing the above down with a pint of full fat milk is cheap and filing too(don't go reduced fat as it doesn't fill you up the same).
    Last edited by mmoc091e535458; 2016-01-28 at 06:50 PM.

apples with peanut butter with honey on it is excellent

For those who are suggesting apples: Apples are actually opening up your appetite, which makes you even more hungry later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make some sandwiches.

For like $15 you can get a loaf of wheat bread and a pound of nice deli meat/cheese that will last a week or more.

Use mustard instead of mayonnaise/dressing...

Also, keep in mind that you can feel hungry due to dehydration. I usually try drinking something when I start feeling peckish but it's still a bit till The Foodening.

Homemade jerky. Non breaded chicken strips. Bacon wrapped shrimp.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Homemade jerky. Non breaded chicken strips. Bacon wrapped shrimp.
    Someone is keto.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Air-popped popcorn, unsalted and unbuttered, is good. Light yogurt. Oatmeal. Some cereals (special K's health line is pretty good). As with all foods, though, buyer beware; you have to check the nutrition facts to make sure what you're buying doesn't have a bunch of additives.

Tuna, if you can eat it plain, is incredibly good for you. That's another thing to be careful about buying prepared, though, a lot of places load it with mayo and empty calories.

If I'm just trying to fend off hugner, a big, whopping spoonful of peanut butter usually does the trick. It'll take that "empty" feeling out of your stomach. And drink a tonne of water.

Deleted
    Yogurt with honey and fresh berries mixed in.

Cottage cheese with apples.

Glass of Red Wine with cheese. (Red wine is good for the heart)

Cucumbers with Cottage Cheese and fresh dill

I personaly like Wurstsalat (Sausage Salad in Englisch)

You need
    Fleishwurst Lyoner. (Bologna sausage?)
    Onions
    Pickles
    Cheese ( I use young Gouda)
    2 tablespoons white vinegar, Olive Oil, Pickle Juice from a pickle jar and 1 tsp water.
    Cut everything up, remove the skin from the sausage, add into a bowl, Add Salt and ground pepper to your liking. Let it sit in the fridge covered for 2 hours with a lid.
    Tastes better the longer its in the fridge.