Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

UK: tumblr style gender test for highschoolers

SCHOOLCHILDREN are being asked to define their gender by a list of more than 20 different terms.

Pupils at Blatchington Mill School in Brighton were given the survey as homework and asked to choose from a list of 23 terms to say how they would describe their sex. As well as girl and boy, the list includes a catalogue of other labels - including "non-binary", "demi-boy" and "gender fluid". Parents have described the survey as "unnecessary" and "confusing" to teenagers going through some of the most difficult years of their lives. However trans campaigners suggested offering children struggling with their gender the opportunity to put a name to their feelings could help them overcome some of the difficulties. The question was part of a national survey from the Office of the Children’s Commissioner and sent to every school in Brighton and Hove.

Children's Commissioner for England Anne Longfield OBE who released the survey said: "We want to know how gender matters to young people: what does gender mean to them; how does it affect their lives; what do they want to change? "To explore these important questions, we have constructed a survey, and hope to hear from as many young people (13-18 years old) as possible." The survey says that children's answers "may be used in Government reports, presentations and publications."

The report stipulates that children under 16 years old should "check whether your parents/carers are happy for you to complete this survey". However parents of Blatchington Mill pupils said the school had not sought their permission before setting the task. The school says they were not told it should seek parental permission. Blatchington Mill head teacher Ashley Harrold said: "We’re incredibly passionate about ensuring that every student feels safe and welcome at our school. When it comes to gender identity it is a real and valid concern for a number of students.

"For us, anything that prevents students feeling happy, from feeling confident in themselves and from feeling accepted by their peers is something we feel the curriculum should address.

"Raising students awareness of the wider spectrum of gender identity is important in building an inclusive and tolerant society."

source: https://archive.is/2GQEB
    20+ genders, so many for your kid to choose from. How do my Britbongs feel about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    While most of those choices are confusing as hell, the fuck is "all genders"?

Quote Originally Posted by CURRENT YEAR View Post
    20+ genders, so many for your kid to choose from. How do my Britbongs feel about this?
    I might be an old bigot by tumblr standards but most of these genders are just semantic bullshit. I actually looked at the definition to a lot of them and they are basically "straight but with some kind of preference" or "gay with some kind of preference". They are trying to blend gender and sexual attraction together for some reason.

I also think that the only person who should be talking about these gender issues like being trans or some such should be a professional psychologist. ESPECIALLY with children. They are in a state of raging hormones and learning social interractions, they are going to have a bad time sometimes. Pushing onto them what looks like gender politics propaganda is not a good idea. They could make decisions that they would regret for the rest of their lives. This shit is serious, it should not be taken lightly and that is exactly what these people are doing. It disgusts me how they are trying to use children to push their propaganda no matter the cost. It sounds like a less brutal thing like the parents who are "raising their children gay". As if that shit was a choice ...

Like I said. People can let their kids do whatever. even abort the little bastards.

So long as my kid is fine.

Do you have a penis son? Yes? You are male. Do you like vagina? You are straight. If you like penis then you may be gay. Glad we had this chat son.

Quote Originally Posted by Roostercogburn View Post
    Like I said. People can let their kids do whatever it even abort the little bastards.

So long as my kid is fine.

Do you have a penis son? Yes? You are male. Do you like vagina? You are straight. If you like penis then you may be gay. Glad we had this chat son.
    I completely agree with that. With the caveat that if they really are having trouble with their penis and/or vagina, they should talk with a professional about it.

I saw the terrible thing being trans does to a teenager that does not see professionals about it.

Back in my day we had 2 genders.Times were so much simpler.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

But remember, this stuff only happens on the internet and has no bearing on real life.

:^)

I can only assume that like most people in the real world, 99.9% of them have never even heard of 20+ of these nonsense terms.

As for the results.. well what do you expect? The vast majority of them will be male/female, about 10% of them will have been filled in as jokes and a few confused kids will have picked one of the innane choices without understanding the implications.

One or two will legitimately describe themselves as one of the "star-child genderkin" nonsense terms, and the schools will take that as a call to outfit every school in the country with safe spaces and sensitiviy training for whatever random and meaningless demoninations a confused teenager can come up with.

Wow...just wow.

Too bad there are only male, and female, and maybe the occasional genetic defect/mutation that makes them both/neither, but any other answer or support of a "spectrum" is mental illness.

This is the crap you get when Social Science academia has to publish or perish.
    Stop calling it a science, it's not a science, you don't even have to do A level math to study that shite =P

As if we needed any more evidence that public schooling is a total shitshow. Get your kids into private schools focused on results and not feelgoods if you care about them.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Reminds me of when they decided to cancel a kindergarden carnival here, because the boys wanted to dress up in boys thing and girls as princesses, and that wasnt tumblr enough for the staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unnecessary and confusing seem apt descriptions.

As with most things these days, the solution to a problem is to segregate people into their own little groups. Gender is a social construct anyway so I really don't see why it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    too bad there are only male, and female, and maybe the occasional genetic defect/mutation that makes them both/neither, but any other answer or support of a "spectrum" is mental illness.
    gender is a social construct !!!! It has nothing to do with biology!!!! Bigot alert!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Back in my day we had 2 genders.Times were so much simpler.
    Damn you beat me to it.
    But yeah. Stupidity born from ovesensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Reminds me of when they decided to cancel a kindergarden carnival here, because the boys wanted to dress up in boys thing and girls as princesses, and that wasnt tumblr enough for the staff.
    Oh my, sorry for what I am about to say but I could have guessed either Sweden or Norway from what you just wrote Your authorities are really into all that tumblr type social justice aren't they ?

It's stupid how much ground this crappy LGBT or w/e movement has covered. No one fucking cares! It's like me and my friends going from school to school explaining that World of Warcraft is the game to play and which class/spec would you choose give a set of "tests". The concerns/activities of a minority should not interfere with the majority.

Again, i believe no one cares whether you have sex, how you have it, if it requires a partner or w/e sex or a fucking broom, or if you smear shit on your chest before/after or during the so called sex act, as long as you do it in your home with your curtains closed. NO ONE FUCKING CARES! Unless you're in Russia or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    I completely agree with that. With the caveat that if they really are having trouble with their penis and/or vagina, they should talk with a professional about it.

I saw the terrible thing being trans does to a teenager that does not see professionals about it.
    And I too agree. If my "son" is like " Dad. I feel like a lady. I want to wear dresses, and be a wife." I'd take him to see a pro and we will go from there. I always wanted a daughter anyway and there aint no rule you can't go fishing, hunting or play sports with your little girl.

But I won't entertain this bullshit about being a non-binary fluid gendered potato.

We have an incredibly small percentage of the population who are transgendered. How do we help them find themselves and be comfortable with who they are?

I know, let's confuse and mess with the heads of the entire population, including the extreme majority who are not transgender, during their most volatile stage of life!