Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I'm sympathetic to getting rid of the concept of "boy things" and "girls things" at the social level. However, dividing us into an ever growing pool of gender identities largely based on personality quirks seems like the wrong direction to go - its just unnecessarily convoluted.

I don't get the outrage, it seems more like a study than anything. Stay triggered though guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    Except you could do the same to straight guys from certain other cultures and they'd
    think nothing of it. So while it may not be a social thing, it's certainly a cultural thing.
    Name these cultures.

How about this then: I start referring to you as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    What's stopping women from just not wearing frilly dresses and make-up? There are plenty of gender neutral outfits available to both sexes.
    Er, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    If we're talking about parenting, I still think parents have the right to moderate the daily life of their kid. I'm not saying it's perfect, because literally every kid has disagreed/had arguments with their parents. But I simply don't see a principled alternative. You can't really start granting exceptions for this because you're opening up a child's right to do virtually anything, and removing the right of the parent to raise their kid the way they want.

I think I understand where you're coming from. I mean, my dad forced me to attend church each week even though I didn't believe in a god. But while I hated that growing up, I can't see how you would address that problem now. All I know is, if I ever have a kid I'm going to raise him as an atheist. If he eventually decides otherwise, I won't hate him over it but I would be disappointed. I would hope to encourage rational thinking.
    Well I think we should just encourage some parents to be more open-minded about their child's development really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The whole point of trans is they identify as female/male while being male/female biologically.
    Some trans people identify as trans though. I'm telling you, they aren't all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Roostercogburn View Post
    Let me see if I understand.

Trans can be just trans. Or male trans pre op. Or female trans pre op. Or male trans post op. Or female trans post op. Or just trans post op.

Is that right?
    I think some people refer to pre/post-op and "non-op", ie they have no desire to undergo SRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Some trans people identify as trans though. I'm telling you, they aren't all the same.
    Then they aren't trans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is trigender one of them?

Were otherkins one of those lucky twenty?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Then they aren't trans.
    So you're saying that people who identify as trans aren't trans.

What are they? Trans-trans?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Were otherkins one of those lucky twenty?
    Otherkin can have the same range of gender identities as other people
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Otherkin can have the same range of gender identities as other people
    These days you can't be 100% sure... Things change way too fast

I highly doubt a child in middle school is capable of making an informed choice on gender.

It's just the whack-jobs trying to force their ideology upon a new generation.

Mom, I want to get SRS, I'm really a girl on the inside.

But Billy, your only 9 how can you be sure?

My teacher told me so!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So you're saying that people who identify as trans aren't trans.

What are they? Trans-trans?
    No, they're whiny tumblr retards that just want to be special.

People who are trans identify as male or female. They don't want to be trans, they want to be male or female.

There's no chance kids are going to troll this test.

This tumblr dumbfuckery leaking into the real world sets a worrying precedent.

Deleted
    What's the difference between the "girl","(young) woman" and "female" genders? and similarly the "boy", "(young) man" and "male" genders?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I don't get the outrage, it seems more like a study than anything. Stay triggered though guys.
    Briefly dragged myseelf way from Fallout 4 to see if things have gotten any better on MMOC.

And back to Preston and his shitty settlements it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding

When ever I hear about "otherkin" and "gender spectrum", I feel like I should shed a single tear for all the retarded pieces of mentally challenged shits out there, but I'm a man, and we shouldn't cry.
    On a related note - I just ate food.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    We have an incredibly small percentage of the population who are transgendered. How do we help them find themselves and be comfortable with who they are?

I know, let's confuse and mess with the heads of the entire population, including the extreme majority who are not transgender, during their most volatile stage of life!
    Exactly. This shit is getting nuts.

It never ceases to amaze me how much this forum cares about other peoples' genders.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a perfect example of why we don't do gender identity/sexual orientation threads. Locking this here.