Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I just play skirmishes now.

This is what I do on retail wow. I log on, solo queue 2's skirmishes on my Warrior, brainlessly tunnel vision one target, win/lose and then log off. Random Battlegrounds suck and arena is reserved for people that actually care about it. Ashran used to be fun before the premades ruined it and the ridiculous damage levels of item level scaling has made it impossible to even enjoy the fights.

I've actually found skirmishes to be really fun. The only problem with skirmishes is that the gate timer is too long. The gate timer should only be like 15 seconds and both teams should be able to request rematches so games can happen quicker. There's too much wait time in this game and dicking around.

I'd also like skirmishes to be more of an instanced thing that keeps you in the arena zone instead of having to jump between loading screens every single game. It would be a much smoother experience.

Ashran used to be fun before the premades ruined it and the ridiculous damage levels of item level scaling has made it impossible to even enjoy the fights.
    Am I the only one who just hates 40v40 zerg fests? You can't even see what the fuck is going on and you feel like you have so little impact, no matter how many players you take down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    Am I the only one who just hates 40v40 zerg fests? You can't even see what the fuck is going on and you feel like you have so little impact, no matter how many players you take down.
    All melee hate zerges. Melee just doesn't work in a zerg. As soon as you get close enough to hit the guys on the front lines, you get like 10 people instantly focusing on you and you don't also get 10 healers to keep you up, so you die.

As melee, you gotta hang back and watch for windows when some other melee idiot charges your guys, so then you can attack him and not get instantly globalled, but global him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    All melee hate zerges. Melee just doesn't work in a zerg. As soon as you get close enough to hit the guys on the front lines, you get like 10 people instantly focusing on you and you don't also get 10 healers to keep you up, so you die.

As melee, you gotta hang back and watch for windows when some other melee idiot charges your guys, so then you can attack him and not get instantly globalled, but global him instead.
    QFT.

Played mainly rogue and dk and while in bgs, the dk was of course better in zergs, but not that enjoyable like a boomkin or shadowpriest. Absolutely different game. Same goes with healing. Range dds and healers do make fun in random bgs, while it sucks beeing melee meatshield there. Most of the time in a zerg you care about your defs cds to see how long you can last against multiple dds while no heal happens, or if you are healed its still too much to compensate.

Going full glass canon in the 2nd row is there the fun starts and you see it on the meters, too, just all that happend without an effort. I am always a bit surprised when a melee(not a dk) is topping meters especially without a healer. Thats a bit of work if the opposite team wasn't full of bots.

I read somewhere melee range will be increased.....at least for rogue outlaws? might help a bit to catch up with range dds. I mean the fluent efficiency how to play them in zergs.

Do most dd melees even know they are just pvp tanks in bgs? My shadow priest likes her meatshields, so useful for keeping most of my def cds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Skirmishes at the moment are very efficient for learning while gaining they award 50 CP per win (up from 25). You may also find ashran rewarding too (750 CP per quest up from 500) and RBG even yolo at 600 CP per win (up from 400) sounds tasty. Best value for time is ofc 2v2 at 270 per win (up from 180). Quite nice incentive to get in the treadmill with that forgotten level 100 alt, alas a bit too late as usual. Still a welcome change the old rewards made the casual maps feel way to grindy.
    The best part about skirmishes too is that if you only have 30 minutes to play, you can get something out of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post

Warriors used to do very well in Ashran and still somewhat work. The problem now is Wizard damage scaling and Blizzard not buffing Warrior mitigation to make Warriors more playable.

I still do well in Ashran on my Warrior, DBTS and Rally glyph + Bladestorm will save you, its just harder to stay in the fray for a longer amounts of time. You basically have to save heroic leap for escape where before you could bladestorm away and still be fine.

Rogues and Ferals suck in Ashran though. Rogue is way too single target oriented and more often than not, you'll get stunned without Feint and die instantly if you have no outs. Every class also feels like they have some kind of "I'm invincible for 10 seconds" button so one shotting people as Rogue generally isn't possible unless they're braindead.

Deleted
    I find that the people who do Skirmishes with full PvP gear are just the players that are clearly not good enough to do rated, so they join Skirmishes to kill low geared players, or players learning their class to both increase their E-Peen and come across as OP to the people they're playing against and with, because they don't have the skill to do rated.

Don't be one of those guys OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victarion92 View Post
    I find that the people who do Skirmishes with full PvP gear are just the players that are clearly not good enough to do rated, so they join Skirmishes to kill low geared players, or players learning their class to both increase their E-Peen and come across as OP to the people they're playing against and with, because they don't have the skill to do rated.

Don't be one of those guys OP.
    Skirmishes are fun though. And all of my characters just have the default honor gear because I don't give a shit about getting max gear and I don't put enough time in the game anymore.

3v3 skirmish is actually fun. I never do 2s though. I always queue solo because it's fun to see the variety of specs you see all the time. Sometimes it can be just terrible (but that's just part of the fun).
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2016-01-30 at 08:09 PM.

I also just play skirmishes.
    Because I am a solo player. I don't have any friends lol.

My main is windwalker monk.

My main has full conquest gear.
    While all my alts have just the honor (crap) gear.

I love 2s!!! I have always just done 2s on my main. I have never really done 3s. I know I should get into 3s because that is what the arena is all about. 3s arena is more balanced than 2s arena.

But I love 2s!!! Just want to say that again lol.
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2016-01-30 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should create something like "Random Arena" Rated arena but you que solo, and you getting players from ur/enemy players depending on ur MMR. (Thats not my idea, alot ppl posted this idea before)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

Rogues and Ferals suck in Ashran though. Rogue is way too single target oriented and more often than not, you'll get stunned without Feint and die instantly if you have no outs. Every class also feels like they have some kind of "I'm invincible for 10 seconds" button so one shotting people as Rogue generally isn't possible unless they're braindead.
    The problem is not that ferals and rogues are single target oriented, their problem is that they are melees that totally rely on cds. And this never worked in zergs.

In comparssion the spriest does not need a single cd to blow multiple people up and is far and away the strongest dd spec in ashran. With the book he can fly for about 20-30 sec and still cast. Thats op simply as that. you can troll the other faction with that mechanic. Multiple people never able to kill a shadow priest cause he can fly AND cast.

also 2 shooting people basicly by range and some good gear is balanced.

True balance comes when the spriest gets a hold on the artifact. :-)

melee is simply garbage there.

Warrior
    There's your problem. As an ex-warrior main, I can honestly say the current state of the class is THE ONlY FUCKING THING that makes me legitimately RAGE irl. It's just so unfun to play it's unreal.

I main a DK for arenas and a Boomkin for ashran now. The game suddenly got 300% more playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    They should create something like "Random Arena" Rated arena but you que solo, and you getting players from ur/enemy players depending on ur MMR. (Thats not my idea, alot ppl posted this idea before)
    Hell no, just because lots of people post it doesn't mean its not a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post

I main a DK for arenas and a Boomkin for ashran now. The game suddenly got 300% more playable.
    QFT, i played the dk + boomkin/restoration combo, in MoP and suddenly it made the game much more enjoyable.

But basicly, all you needt to play is a drood. He is effective in each aspect of the game and fun.

Restoration in arenas, moonkin in rbgs/ashran, feral for duels/wpvp.

Masterclass with 4 specs.

Did need a break from it, each expansion playing the masterclass gets a bit dull. ;>

At least class designers added some flavor to warlocks in MoP.(using different resources in each spec)

I actually would really like to have a word with the class designers.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's your problem. As an ex-warrior main, I can honestly say the current state of the class is THE ONlY FUCKING THING that makes me legitimately RAGE irl. It's just so unfun to play it's unreal.

Idk i still have fun on Warrior. You just need to adapt to the game and deal with the fact that you're not going to plow through everything like in MoP.

DK's are just so annoying to play. People say they're really overpowered for casual play (which they are) but the gameplay of a DK just sucks in the sense its not smooth. DK's are always at the mercy of CC and slows, you're always stuck on the ground with no ways to escape fights or move faster.

And I just hate the playstyle of DW Frost. DK survivability is also really annoying to use because you have to spend half the time using Runes on Death Siphon while still maintaining a damage rotation. It just doesn't feel smooth where as Warrior I can just mongo targets 100% of the time while playing Defensively and just die.

I enjoy skirmishes as well, I am taking this season off from Rated-PvP, since the player pool is very small, and it is just un-balance, and also since i play Ret as main, it is a pain to push rated-arena this (or last) season as Ret. But skirmishes are fun, relaxing, no rage, and sometimes i get to 1v2 people so check in my book for a fun game. I feel like a lot of players are doing casual pvp only this season, and just waiting for next Xpac where Blizzard will hopefully balance out pvp

I disagree with you on warrior vs dk gameplay smoothness. DK feels like it has a role (slow, hard-hitting bruiser-melee, who has no mobility but can survive a lot of burst, and make plays with deathgrip / stun), it has the tools, it has a weakness (kiting) but can generally both hold it's own and be credit to team;

Whereas warrior just feels like the class is half-finished, with no real strong sides and no role due to hybrids doing same damage AND mad healing. Warrior has probably the least amount of useful buttons, laughable defenses, p. much only one viable talent build and no way to win a 1v1 with anyone that knows what they're doing.

The class is a shell of it's former self. You can adapt to it if you want -- I salute you for it! But myself, I'd stick to what I feel had more effort put into making it work. Like fuck, whirlwind as rage-dump for arms? Were they high? It wouldn't even be so bad if it was old 175% weapon damage whirlwind. Nope, barely tops auto attacks. Grr. Just thinking about it makes me mad.

Also, RIP heroic strike.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2016-02-01 at 12:21 AM.

I disagree with you on warrior vs dk gameplay smoothness. DK feels like it has a role (slow, hard-hitting bruiser-melee, who has no mobility but can survive a lot of burst, and make plays with deathgrip / stun), it has the tools, it has a weakness (kiting) but can generally both hold it's own and be credit to team;

Whereas warrior just feels like the class is half-finished, with no real strong sides and no role due to hybrids doing same damage AND mad healing. Warrior has probably the least amount of useful buttons, laughable defenses, p. much only one viable talent build and no way to win a 1v1 with anyone that knows what they're doing.

The class is a shell of it's former self. You can adapt to it if you want -- I salute you for it! But myself, I'd stick to what I feel had more effort put into making it work. Like fuck, whirlwind as rage-dump for arms? Were they high? It wouldn't even be so bad if it was old 175% weapon damage whirlwind. Nope, barely tops auto attacks. Grr. Just thinking about it makes me mad.

Also, RIP heroic strike.
    In casual pvp/ wpvp /duels +RBGs Dks are better due to (as you mentioned above) good self heals and amazing survival; however, in arena War has far better survival than DK given they play with a healer, D-stance, spell reflect, Heroic leap, die by the sword, blade storm, shield barrier, the shout, all of those abilities makes warrior almost unkillable, unless he gets caught in a stun while in Battle stance without trinket, then ya he will drop. My main is Ret, and i play time to time on my war when i am bored nothing big 2.2k cr, and after playing Ret, i feel like Titan on my warrior, great mobility, amazing survival, good pressure, cc that can not be dispelled, ms debuff, good cleave. Hence there are 2 sides for pvp, casual were DPS classes like Wars suck (duels, random bgs) where other DPS classes like Rets shine, and other side of the coin in rated arena, wars have the best survival if plaid right (this/last season) while ferals/rets for the most part, are very strong in duels/ wpvp yet have very poor survival in rated arena 3v3 (not talking about 2s, since game is not balanced around 2s)

I did skirms for a while but got burned out on them. The constant Enhance partner also wasn't very fun either. Specially when they just boosted and trying to get gear.

/anger

10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much just do pet battles on one monitor while watching youtube on the other...

Up to 3.7k/5k PvP wins on my achievement. Fuck those pet battle botters.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama