10+ Year Old Account

World and BG PVP wise Rogue or WW Monk ?

Hello planning to return to wow after a break. Was watching some streamers with Monk and he seems really solid and tanky atm. I also have rogue from last season. Which of these two you recommend atm for bg and world pvp ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I played bgs on both WW Monk and Rogue, high lvl and 100lvl. I find monk better than most classes at low lvl 60-79lvl bgs, but not at 100lvl.

WW Monk is much harder to play than most classes/specs , ppl who know how to play WW monk manage to do top2 top3 dmg in bgs. (some ppl think that Monk is easy kill because most Monks in random bgs usually green geared players without glyphs and enchants) Monk who know how to play properly is not that easy to kill)

Assassination Rogue doing pretty well with 735-740pvp gear in BGs. Both WW Monk and Rogue are very gear/weapon dependent.

I find playing Moonkin/Resto Druid/Frost DK much easier than WW monk and Rogue in Random bgs.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-01-29 at 10:37 AM.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I main a Rogue so I might be a bit biased but Rogue is amazing for PvP, I can barely live without stealth anymore. I was thinking of using my 100 boost on a WW monk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post
    Hello planning to return to wow after a break. Was watching some streamers with Monk and he seems really solid and tanky atm. I also have rogue from last season. Which of these two you recommend atm for bg and world pvp ?
    for bgs and ashran certainly not a melee. Seems most people enjoy rocking the dmg meters/kills and range dds do it with just alittle effort in bgs/ashran.

So i wonder why you want to choose between 2 melees, they are more suited to arenas and dueling. Rogues have more combs. But if the monk is fresh and new for you, go monk?

Just don't expect to perform as good as range dds in bgs, most of the time you carry the flag or tank dmg playing meatshield, excpetion is if you go with a dedicated healer into those zergs and here i would recommend the warrior for the strong execute.

You should really tell how you wanna play in those bgs, rogues are pretty good in just clearing objectives, because of ccs while stealthed, and BoS is a Boss

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    I played bgs on both WW Monk and Rogue, high lvl and 100lvl. I find monk better than most classes at low lvl 60-79lvl bgs, but not at 100lvl.

WW Monk is much harder to play than most classes/specs , ppl who know how to play WW monk manage to do top2 top3 dmg in bgs. (some ppl think that Monk is easy kill because most Monks in random bgs usually green geared players without glyphs and enchants) Monk who know how to play properly is not that easy to kill)

Assassination Rogue doing pretty well with 735-740pvp gear in BGs. Both WW Monk and Rogue are very gear/weapon dependent.

I find playing Moonkin/Resto Druid/Frost DK much easier than WW monk and Rogue in Random bgs.
    I play assassination with 740 pvp gear and a 750 legendary ring(useful in ashran). You can giggle on all the fools that get overrun while stealthed and running at mount speed with BoS and you do reliable uncomplicated straighforward dmg without position requirements, however energy limits you as well as your melee range. Its not recommend to bust into a zerg of the opposite faction, it only meeans you can be there as long as your def cds are up or instant die.

Zerging with a melee is only good with a pocket healer and while doing it, you can still be slowed down by cc of all kinds try to reach your target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello just updating
    Dinged monk yesterday and managed to fully geared him with HP/CP gear it's awesome. Still feeling that I'm melting ppl a lot harder with my Asa rogue. But I think that the main factor is that I'm used to play rogue from previous seasons.
    Chasing with monk is pretty fun tho Chi torpedo cancel into rising sun kick is so much dmg
    Juts wanted to thank you mates for pointments and advices.

Deleted
    Both are shit at that. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

Since you are asking about Wpvp + Random BGs then it does not really matter, all it matters which class are you better at and what do you want to do, if you want to top dmg meters then WW will out dps Rogue, if you like to sneak up on ppl/gang ppl in the cities and then vanish away then rogues, 1v1 both specs are good, each has different classes that counter them.
    However, if you ever decide to push Rated PvP: Arena or RBGs, it will be much easier to find teams as rogue, than as a WW, there are more arena viable comps for rogues than for monks, for RBGs currently rogue is only class that is good at FC.
    Overall, thinking long term, rogues always going to be good or atleast upper side of decent, since Blizzard has its favorite children: Mages/Locks/Rogs these 3 classes always in a good or decent spot in pvp. While monk is still a very new class, and blizzard had some what hard time properly balancing it in the past.