Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    It kinda is. And its not curvy either. im counting one curve.
    Is she fat?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This is actually really dumb and, in the long run, will do the complete opposite of their aim.

Kids don't care about body shape, they don't even notice body shape.

Now though, they're going to have to get different outfits for the different body types. Mums are going to have to explain to their kids that they can't have the Barbie dress they really want because their Barbie's too fat for it.

They'll also soon all realise that they want the "ideal" regular sized Barbie because she can fit more outfits and accessories.

So, by trying to make a positive statement about body image they'll make children, who wouldn't otherwise care, accutely aware of peoples different body types and an idea of what the best size for a body should be.
    Shhh, that's the plan all along. Don't reveal the conspiracy. If we keep this up, we will soon have a healthy population again.

I never got this thought process from woman. I grew up with heman. I never thought I had to look like him or be him. I also grew up with GI joe. I guess I just don't understand why woman see a toy and believe they have to look like that.
    People just hate on Barbie because they're jealous she's successful and has her own dream house. The girl has no ass or boobs and such a warped figure that I can't see how anyone could seriously be comparing themselves to her (Young children more so). It's not like people are hating on Bratz for making women think they should have giant heads and feet.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Is she fat?

Id say she is SLIGHTLY overweight. she also doesn't look like the Barbie. shes a lot taller. Scale her height down and keep the weight the same, that's what the Barbie looks like. Also look at her upper arms. No definition. Shes probably 10 lbs overweight.

Deleted
    I still see 4 faces that are symmetrically perfect and model-esque. Funny how they forgot that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never got this thought process from woman. I grew up with heman. I never thought I had to look like him or be him. I also grew up with GI joe. I guess I just don't understand why woman see a toy and believe they have to look like that.
    Because young girls like boys from a very young hate are shaped and impressed by the world they see, images for girls are just important as those for boys, so while I applaud this for girls, it doesn't mean I wouldn't applaud the same or equal effort for boys.

Because after they learn whatever it is they see, they do it, and it becomes more part of the world they see and people build on over time, which is why this tradition changing is good.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    So, curvy Action Men figures soon?
    curvy GI Joes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    how many people over the age over 8 do you know that still play with barbies?
    Shit, I've seen people as old as 60 collect dolls , and barbies and a few over the age of 10 and 20 who try everything to look like barbie including surgery.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    It kinda is. And its not curvy either. im counting one curve.
    Mh, I would expect a Jennifer Lopez when I think of curvy. Their curvy is a bit chubby to me. Also looks somehow strange, because this doll reminds me of average women at the age of 40-50, but the face it still Barbie - too young, too doll-like. They should have given her the face that reminds of Hillary Clinton. XD

Deleted
    I don't know what's more hilarious, people claiming kids will become anorexic because of Barbie or the now kids will become fat because of Barbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Because young girls like boys from a very young hate are shaped and impressed by the world they see, images for girls are just important as those for boys, so while I applaud this for girls, it doesn't mean I wouldn't applaud the same or equal effort for boys.

Because after they learn whatever it is they see, they do it, and it becomes more part of the world they see and people build on over time, which is why this tradition changing is good.
    Ya but its not like young kids are kept inside and the only view of the outside world is Barbie. I just don't get the emphasis on this one doll. Like I said, im ok with them making these but I just don't get the big deal. Toys don't have that big of an impression on me. Family and school did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I still see 4 faces that are symmetrically perfect and model-esque. Funny how they forgot that part.
    They also forgot all about disabled Barbie and gender-neutral Barbie. Poor show Mattel.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Very few girls want a ugly doll

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Mh, I would expect a Jennifer Lopez when I think of curvy. Their curvy is a bit chubby to me. Also looks somehow strange, because this doll reminds me of average women at the age of 40-50, but the face it still Barbie - too young, too doll-like. They should have given her the face that reminds of Hillary Clinton. XD
    lol that would be funny. That's my point though. That shape is pear shaped, not curvy. I don't wanna start sounding like tumblr, but I feel like they are "misappropriating" the term curvy.

I don't know what's more hilarious, people claiming kids will become anorexic because of Barbie or the now kids will become fat because of Barbie
    Almost as hilarious as someone who doesn't understand the difference between curvy and fat.

Very few girls want a ugly doll
    Then why make these dolls.... lol. Id be curious to see the sale numbers after a few months.

Boys don't care
    Little girls playing with the dolls don't care either.

Deleted
    Id say she is SLIGHTLY overweight. she also doesn't look like the Barbie. shes a lot taller. Scale her height down and keep the weight the same, that's what the Barbie looks like. Also look at her upper arms. No definition. Shes probably 10 lbs overweight.
    She is not fat, I find her rather pretty and realistically well-rounded. If I was a man, I would definitely like to have that kind of a woman as my spouse.

Deleted
    Then why make these dolls.... lol. Id be curious to see the sale numbers after a few months.
    It's actually a nice test. Let's see if they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    LOL awesome I love it, great girls of all shapes and sizes and colors can see beauty reflected in the world and hopefully with in themselves. I personally hope this works to destroy the fucking shallow stupid image that some women have killed themselves to look like reinforced by even more and more marketing, woot woot!
    What will be more awesome is when the black barbie still isn't purchased since it's the girls wanting the dolls they play with not the SJWtards buying it for them.