Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I cheated and got them finished when there was an archaeology bug in MoP. Pretty damn glad I did too, tbh.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

I must be seriously unlucky, 847 solves according to the macro that gives counts, 1 rare

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    I cheated and got them finished when there was an archaeology bug in MoP. Pretty damn glad I did too, tbh.
    Gratz anyway

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    I must be seriously unlucky, 847 solves according to the macro that gives counts, 1 rare
    847 Tol'vir-only ? Wow that's... wow

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Missing the same one. But I haven't been trying to really do archaeology since Cata. They need to make some good starting epics again for archaeology like cata had. Good times.
    I was pretty mad I had gotten Zinrokh like when I was barely 85 on my warlock which then meant I HAD to level my DK(didn't have warrior or pally at 80 yet) or I felt bad about it.

I wouldn't be upset if they made some of those legendary world drops be from archaeology in Legion.

OT: I was trying my hardest to grind out Tolvir for that damn caster item. I only ever ended up getting the mount.

3/6 rares with 57 solves pretty lucky i suppose. I was only after the mount stopped once i got that.

3/6 pet ring toy about 290 solves....grindy boring shit is really really grindy, and even more boring :s

I just closed my desktop, so will check tomorrow, but I atleast got the pet and mount, and the bugs
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    4/6 over 1000 as well.

Missing the bug mount and the claw pet.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    4/6 over 1000 as well.

Missing the bug mount and the claw pet.
    you're far more likely to get the mount on an alt if you're that dedicated to do over 1000 tol'vir solves.

i recently proved my own theory that there is a huge chance to get 2 tol'vir epics by 20 solves, i leveled an alt to 525 solved 19 rares, getting the toy & ring...unlucky, my friend did the same 2nd solve bug mount.

so if you have alts, you could level them all to 525, solve until 2 epics, if neither is the mount, try another alt, much greater odds than keep going after 1k solves =/

i got 3 out of the 6 myself the mount the ring and the pendant ... i ended up buying the pet

So, 4/6

Got, pet, mount, scarab and ring.

And 175 solves
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

What is this exploit in mop ? I know about the mantid item you keep in inventory and once you could buy fragments of spirit of harmony
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I am still missing the sword and the pet. Admittedly I stopped actively grinding Tol'Vir after the Scepter popped up and I was able to complete it.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    What is this exploit in mop ? I know about the mantid item you keep in inventory and once you could buy fragments of spirit of harmony
    Can't remember details, but it did involve the mantid item and some zoning to force ONLY tol'vir sites to spawn, thus making fragment farming faster.

5/6 missing staff here. Spent all of my pandaria+draenor artifacts on tol'vir crates while grinding out seeker of knowledge/curator achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    The mantid item offered by the archaeology vendor at the seat of knowledge would instantly change all dig sites across any zone when you changed from zone to zone. All you had to do was buy that item, perch yourself between Uldum and one of the other bordering zones and keep changing until you got 3-4 Tolvir dig sites to go through.

Was fixed with the ToT patch I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    I stopped abusing it when I got the mount. Kinda regret that now and wish I followed through for the rest of the rares and the vials recipe. I think I'm at ~15 opened jars by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I stopped abusing it when I got the mount. Kinda regret that now and wish I followed through for the rest of the rares and the vials recipe. I think I'm at ~15 opened jars by now.
    They should have kept it somewhat as it was. Maybe have the mantid item cost 50-100 restored artifacts or something and have it last for 1-3 days or so.

Cashed in my ~280 crates on an alt (old main) and got the scepter and scimitar, along with the Vial recipe on the first jar I solved. But damn those Vial mats are expensive. >_>

4/6 now on that character, missing mount and pet (figures). The scimitar is real neato, though; I like the glow. Trails for days!
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

I bought spirits and motes of harmony for pennies at the start of WoD and completed all the Tol'vir rares in like 30 min including the mount and floating hand pet