Poll: Would you like to see normal mode raids scale your ilvl, meaning gear wont matter?

Would you like to see normal mode raids scale your ilvl, meaning gear wont matter?

I've been thinking about this for quite some time, and I think it would be a great idea for Normal mode raids to scale your item level of all items to encourage anyone to join regardless of ilevel.

I mean, it would still reward the same gear it does now and would help gear for heroic raids, and it would still be tuned easy, but having a scaled item level would mean anyone can participate and have fun regardless of their item level. This doesn't make sense for LFR heroic or mythic but I think it does for normal.

I have a friend who loves raiding that recently returned to the game. He can only play sparingly and it will take weeks for him to get the item level appropriate for normal HFC raids, and all he wants to do is have fun in a semi casual raiding environment that is organized.

LFR doesn't fill that role as we know, it fills its own purpose of viewing the content.

This would also take out the ridiculous ilevel requirement that normal groups usually ask for.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I have a friend who loves raiding that recently returned to the game. He can only play sparingly and it will take weeks for him to get the item level appropriate for normal HFC raids

Sounds like it's working as intended. Outside of that, your idea is an interesting one.

idk, the gear required for normal can be attained by questing/treasure hunting/killing rares, in Tanaan... Honestly, I don't hardly raid normal in it's current state. If I had to deal with morons in Normal mode now, I surely wouldn't want to if it were more difficult due to scaling up to overgeared people in there. I was in a normal Gorefiend the other day and there was 2 mages pulling 20k and 28k respectively. There are plenty of Normal/HM groups that can kill the first 4-5 bosses with complete idiots, just needs to get geared enough from that to move past them.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    It's an interesting concept if put in correctly all the raids in WoW would be viable for end-game raiding in every expansion
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

No thanks. I enjoy feeling my character get stronger. That becomes most apparent in raids. I also don't want bosses in easy content to stay at a base level with fights lasting exactly the same length at end of patch as they did during progression. Not to mention my experience of normal pugs the only reason they ever go well is because of a few people who outshine everyone else due to gear. They would fail if it wasn't for that.

I voted no, I'm 705 soon to be 710-715ish geared with only having done lfr hfc twice. It took me about two weeks to get to 685 which is entry level normal range. I too only have a sparse amount of time to play, I just spent the time I did have gathering (I dont want to say farming because just doing all the dailies in tanann really isnt farming) apexis to upgrade gear and setting up my garrison so I could pump out 3 pieces of crafted gear and gold to upgrade them quickly. The additional 10 points of gear up-grade was just icing on the cake from 6.2.2. My point is blizzard adds sufficient catch-up mechanics that can be done very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I'd like the concept of challenge mode raiding. Where gear didn't matter because it'd all be based on a static item level.

Doing this specifically for normal mode ... eh. Well it'd have to fit somewhere unless everyone wanted a simple "Challenge mode" difficulty.

LFR
    NORMAL
    HEROIC
    MYTHIC
    CHALLENGE

so many modes
    I don't think the OP is suggesting static ilvl like current challenge modes just that you automatically start at the base ilvl of the normal raid. You would then get the gear in the raid to increase your ilvl to then start higher raiding. If you had higher than the starting required ilvl, you would keep that Ilvl. And this, in theory would then mean gear wouldn't be an issue since everyone is geared enough to do it.

Though I don't think this will stop groups from asking for high Ilvl's so they can do a full clear in an hour or two.

No. Normal Mode is piss easy to gear for, anyway.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

No

There are guilds that only do run normal modes, why would someone want to take reward away from them (Get kills -> Kill farm bosses faster)?

And true, currently it is quick to gear for normals, you can basically skip them, since Tanaan gives such high ilvl catchup gear (dumb imo), but that was not the case when HM&BRF were current content.

I do not see or understand why ppl are trying to make it even more faster to get into raids, it would result even more content draught....?

Not as a traditional raiding mode no, but I do think they should make a "challenge" mode for raids and dungeon that normalizes all your gear. Meaning you go in and all of your equipment is taken away and you're given a very specific set of equipment and items.

Then I'd have something like a reward for the first group to clear it, fastest group to clear it and so on. Set rewards would be simple things like a WoW token that they could use or sell for first place, maybe include a mount or some transmog gear, but for anyone getting it done offer valor.

Basically if they remove gear from the curve then it makes it all about skill and you can add some more competitive edges to it. Also any runs would be recorded and put up for viewing and replay.

I think most of you are misunderstanding the premise of this idea. It sounds like it would put your gear at a min ilvl so you are able to get in there and raid with friends. Say a raid drops 900 normal, so it would bump your gear up to 885/890, that way you can get in and raid. But if you are already at 899, you would stay at that level. All this does is allow people to jump in and raid a bit easier (especially if they came late for whatever reason). I like the idea, I don't really like keeping people out of raid cause their ilvl is just too low.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, wouldn't like that really.

Normal is still set as a difficulty worth having. If anything, LFR should have a basic ilvl line but doesn't really need either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    All this does is allow people to jump in and raid a bit easier (especially if they came late for whatever reason). I like the idea, I don't really like keeping people out of raid cause their ilvl is just too low.
    But it's so pathetically easy to get to a gear level at which you can jump in and start raiding. LFR, Tanaan, Mythic dungeons...
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    So if you're below the intended ilvl of the raid, it would scale you up to that ilvl? If you're over that, you keep your ilvl?
    That would basically turn everyone into a mythic raiders, because why do anything else than the stuff that drops best gear?

Since there's a mechanical difference between Normal->HC->Mythic, I don't think that would be a very good idea, most people can't cope with the sensory stress of mythic song&dance routines and burn out quick.

So with this system they'd have to tune down lot of the mythic mechanics, so average players could deal with them.
    I don't see them doing that.

So in a game with a purpose of nothing else than to get stronger by acquiring better gear in certain period of time you think it would be a good idea to experience the entire content regardless of your characters gear?

I'm speechless..

I think this is a good idea but for Mythic only. Like you need to enter and complete heroic first. That has the correct itemlevel to enter Mythic. Then in Mythic you need to complete the entire encounter with just "that set itemlevel". And instead of bosses tipping over due to gear acquisition, you now need to be smart and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    This doesn't make sense for LFR heroic or mythic but I think it does for normal.
    If anything it only makes sense on LFR. You get to see the content...and, since the devs can set the ilvl for a specific number, it makes it easy to tune the encounters to the correct difficulty.

As for anything Normal and Above...no...it doesn't work.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I think gearing up is easier than ever in WoD. If your friend just started playing again, it won't hurt him to re-learn playing his toon by hunting rares in Tanaan for a week or so.