10+ Year Old Account

Legion Alpha Shield of Vengeance change/nerf clarification

I'm looking for someone with the Legion alpha to clarify something for me... The patch notes list Shield of Vengeance in the "talents" section as being a 60s CD now instead of 30, but has no mention in the Retribution Section. I am wondering if this change is only for the new Holy talent, or if it was also applied to the baseline spell for Ret?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    shield of vengeance is a 60 sec cooldown now for ret, no idea about holy and protection because you cant switch spec.

not sure why shield of vengeance is listed as a talent though :P

This ability is baseline for ret and has a 60 sec. cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhode312 View Post
    shield of vengeance is a 60 sec cooldown now for ret, no idea about holy and protection because you cant switch spec.

not sure why shield of vengeance is listed as a talent though :P
    Because it is now also available as a talent for holy, lvl 30 row, right option... I specifically mentioned this ("new Holy talent") in my post.

Thank you though, for the clarification... This is not good to me, Ret's survivability already looks lacking on alpha, and now they just halved the uptime on SoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Animefreak3K View Post
    This ability is baseline for ret and has a 60 sec. cooldown.

I'm aware it's baseline for ret, I specifically said that in my post and also mentioned it was now also available as a talent for holy, which you also glossed over, thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-01-30 at 09:10 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

While the cooldown increase sucks, I have been more annoyed that Hand of Light cant be used on bosses as a defensive ability. They come up as Immune for it, leaving you with Shield of Vengeance or Divine Shield in most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    While the cooldown increase sucks, I have been more annoyed that Hand of Light cant be used on bosses as a defensive ability. They come up as Immune for it, leaving you with Shield of Vengeance or Divine Shield in most situations.
    Really? Wow, that seems pretty harsh for, essentially, a (at max) 30% health hot on a 1 minute cooldown. I hope that's unintentional and just an oversight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I hope that's unintentional and just an oversight.
    That's around how I feel about 90% of this spec right now.

Deleted
    Is Consecration supposed to heal? I was doing like 250k HPs on raid testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GriepenTN View Post
    Not as Ret, that I'm aware of, however, thats not what this thread is about, and should be asked elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Not as Ret, that I'm aware of, however, thats not what this thread is about, and should be asked elsewhere.
    If you think about it, it could be some useful information for your question, too.
    Consecrations healing-part was listed for Protection Paladins, but Rets version heals as well.
    Shield of Vengeance's new version was listed for Holy Paladins as a new 30-Talent, but Ret can use it baseline.

There are three possibilities:
    1. Normally Ret should have different versions of these two spells (Consecration without healing, pre-build Shield of Vengeance). There might be some bug that prevents those spells from being different to their specc-specific counterparts, because Prot and Holy are not available yet. In this case the Ret versions have been overwritten with effects they shouldn't have.
    2. Ret got the "new versions" for testing, because Prot and Holy are not available yet.
    3. Consecration change does affect Ret as well and Shield of Vengeance will be Holy only or has the same effect as the Holy version.

I hope you understand what I want to say, english isn't my native language.^^"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    If you think about it, it could be some useful information for your question, too.
    Consecrations healing-part was listed for Protection Paladins, but Rets version heals as well.
    Shield of Vengeance's new version was listed for Holy Paladins as a new 30-Talent, but Ret can use it baseline.

There are three possibilities:
    1. Normally Ret should have different versions of these two spells (Consecration without healing, pre-build Shield of Vengeance). There might be some bug that prevents those spells from being different to their specc-specific counterparts, because Prot and Holy are not available yet. In this case the Ret versions have been overwritten with effects they shouldn't have.
    2. Ret got the "new versions" for testing, because Prot and Holy are not available yet.
    3. Consecration change does affect Ret as well and Shield of Vengeance will be Holy only or has the same effect as the Holy version.

I hope you understand what I want to say, english isn't my native language.^^"
    The only way to figure that out, then, is if the base spell for Prot also heals - The healing in consecration for Prot is added on via a talent, if prot heals without that talent then yes, it's a bug with the base spell... Unfortunately we can't test that yet.

I'm aware it's baseline for ret, I specifically said that in my post and also mentioned it was now also available as a talent for holy, which you also glossed over, thank you for reading.
    But you know, that Prot- and Holyspec still aren't available, and no one can tell you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animefreak3K View Post
    But you know, that Prot- and Holyspec still aren't available, and no one can tell you?
    They can and have, all that needed to be checked was the cooldown on the Ret one, since the only change mentioned in the patch notes was for the Holy version... The clarification needed was if the change was also applied to the base Ret spell, which means the base Ret spell was the only one that needed checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Really? Wow, that seems pretty harsh for, essentially, a (at max) 30% health hot on a 1 minute cooldown. I hope that's unintentional and just an oversight.
    I'm hoping so as well, seems weird to have a defensive CD that can't be used on bosses. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it changes.

Quote Originally Posted by GriepenTN View Post
    Was going to say Prot, but that's not in yet?