Deleted

So what's going on with Ellohime?

First he goes MIA for like a month or so, not sure how long as I only watch Twitch when I got nothing to play. Then he comes back and delivers a very emotional speech

And now he seems to be missing again...

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, well, streaming is a funny thing. It's a lot like everything else in gaming: sure, it's kind of a ticket to Easy Street for the very, very few top guys but for everyone else it's basically a full-time job that doesn't pay crap.

"Hobby streamers" and such who just do it for fun, it's no problem for them to stick around, sure. For the guys trying to make a living of it, it's no shock that many of them sorta just float away one day without much notice because real life finally barged in.
    Apparently streaming pays better than youtube atm, which leads to a lot of youtubers doing mostly streaming now which annoys the hell out of me, because I can't stand the cam-whoring (subscription readouts, the fake connection to the "community", etc) and low quality of content at all..
    I mean okay, most youtube videos aren't exactly blockbusters, but there is at least a certain amount of editing and though behind it. Streaming is just a filler laden shit-show to me. From the looks of it a lot of people that failed in entertaining with other methods seem to have an easier time doing it now with streams. So while not everyone can get by with streaming(obviously), certainly more seem to be able now.

I still wonder what all these people will be doing in a couple of years, It's very hard to stay relevant and at a certain point it will be quite hard for some of them to connect with a new audience. I can't imagine most streamers still doing it in their 40/50's
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-01-31 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    I dont watch him but it seems a lot of the people that stream get depressed because of the nature of streaming. You stay at your home pretty much all the time and dont meet other people like you do in normal jobs.

And if you dont get a lot of money from it its probably difficult to get a good pension or any at all for later in life. Very few can do it long enough and save money to be good for later in life so that probably mess with their heads too.

What games does this guy stream? Never heard of him before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What games does this guy stream? Never heard of him before.
    Pretty much anything that's hot. Never plays like hots and stuff, but does play ark, fallout 4, overwatch, etc...