Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    lol good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The war has been going on for what, 5 years now and it's not exactly the Syrian civil war anymore. You're not just gonna kick ISIS out of Syria's borders and send actual refugees back.

She'd have to pour a couple hundred billion into rebuilding their cities first. And that ain't gonna happen. Only the ones that want to return will do so. The vast majority will stay. Why would you leave a nation that's paying for your well being? And especially the women, once they get a good taste of Western freedoms.

I wonder if she truly believes what she's saying, or if she's just trying to placate criticism somewhat by spouting empty and meaningless words (particularly so since the unrest won't end anytime "soon (tm)". I'd actually say that the former would be the worst case of the two, because then her intelligence can truly be questioned. Embarrassing statement either way, of course.

10+ Year Old Account

As if. We all know they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahah... good joke. Who's gonna make them do it?

Or wait, she actually thinks they will return by themselves? Really?

The only way at least a couple of them might leave again is when they are in their second generation, the whole middle east + Africa becomes Turkey_2.0 and their children go look for easy jobs with German education. I would like to remind everyone that that Germany so far has never actually managed to send people back after any war was over. There is no reason to believe it will be different this time. Repeating that joke every 4 months doesn't make it a reality..

If she means it, then this is great news for Germany!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao anyone thinking they are going home is probably mentally retarded. Some may go on their own...some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    If she means it, then this is great news for Germany!
    No, if she means it, it means she's barking mad and her being a representative of Germany and Europe means its very, very bad news for all of us.

she's the person who started an avalanche and now the snows set to cover everything she's claiming its got to go back up the mountain.

I mean seriously, people leaving places like Syria and North Africa have left it because of A: They fear for their lives, and B: Because europe isn't a war torn country. Also the vast numbers of those calling themselves refugees who are infact vultures taking full advantage of the situation who weren't in any danger themselves, how does this stupid woman expect a mass group of people, one half scared the other half fine with bleeding europes resources, to just expect them to say "ok we're go home no problem"?

Nothing short of rounding them up, putting them on cargo vessels and dropping them off in war torn lands will make them go, and to do that will be against every human rights law there is.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2016-01-30 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    refugees that stay after the danger in their homecountry is over, or at least on reasonable levels aren't refugees, they are migrants. And no thank you, we've got enough of them already.

Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    She'd have to pour a couple hundred billion into rebuilding their cities first. And that ain't gonna happen. Only the ones that want to return will do so. The vast majority will stay. Why would you leave a nation that's paying for your well being? And especially the women, once they get a good taste of Western freedoms.
    Haha what women? Theres barely any. Also syria wasn't a wahhabi country, it was a ba'ath country, there were no burkas and so forth, for an islamic country it was progressive, which is probably why people think wahhabi were involved in a lot of the issue to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    Would be easier to deport them than deporting hundreds of thousands though.
    But there would've been no point assuming they were well integrated and productive members of the society.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    But there would've been no point assuming they were well integrated and productive members of the society.
    which most likely they won't be, either from their own unwillingness and self-segregation, or because of how public opinion about them is right now that will prevent their successful integration by segregation, its a lose-lose situation.
    But no person in their right mind would return to a poorer country with less HDI and life quality/expectancy. Which means there will be a lot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well she is also trying to blame everyone else for it. The Greeks for not drowning them in the Aegean, the rest of Europe for not accepting refugees who do not want to go to the rest of Europe.
    I haven't seen her blame the Greeks (because realistically their resources are stretched to the max as it is) but lets not kid ourselves. If the V4 and a number of other European countries had played ball and we could have actually come up with a proper system for receiving, registering and distributing the refugees, things would never have gotten so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Parties who seek to ease the integration of refugees, seek to make those refugees voters so they can improve their position.
    And this is why I absolutely hate populism, people making important politicial and social decisions based merely on their own greed for votes, regardless of any consequences (or benefits).
    Perhaps rules on how long an immigrant has to be in a country before he/she is allowed to vote could mitigate this situations... As an immigrant myself, I would not mind that at all, I much prefer decisions being made with a head on the shoulders than out of greed.

You guys must have missed the last time Germany had a huge refugee wave. Only <10% stayed in Germany.

We can force them out and already did, but hey, don't let facts interrupt your circle jerk.

Like a lamb bleating orders at wolves. The vast majority of these economic migrants will have no intention of going anywhere, unless somewhere more profitable appears on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You guys must have missed the last time Germany had a huge refugee wave. Only <10% stayed in Germany.

We can force them out and already did, but hey, don't let facts interrupt your circle jerk.
    facts, right, the situations are nothing alike, you cant use a different situation to say this is going to be the same.
    This is like saying the last time i drank 2 beers i didnt get drunk, so there is no way if i drink 2 bottles of vodka i will be, i would totally be ignoring facts.