Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well knowing that the EU is diverse would be a nice start - since we are after all 508 million ..
    Well ya but U.S. is like 340 million. We are very diverse too but I feel like people in the EU don't get that. Someone from Alaska is very different from cali who is different than texas who is different than maine who is different than florida.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Well the U.S.A. is big as fuck. Its not hard to know stuff about them. The EU is made up of a bunch of countries. It would be like someone in the EU trying to understand the difference between all of the states in the U.S.
    Funnily enough, the 50 states do vary wildly in their laws. It's not unlike European countries. Especially since the EU is creating a common base for European laws that get implemented nationally.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Civil law, common (case) law, statutory (customary) law and religious law are the systems of law.
    Ah, so common law is the term for what I called anglosaxon law system? Okay learned something new today.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    There are peace talks on the horizon. Once a political resolution can be found vis a vis Assad (Russia has been distancing itself from him from a while) there can be a more concerted effort to remove Isis from Syria.
    Except by the time it all dies down each refugee will claim that they now have a right to family life in Germany/Europe and therefore cannot be removed.

Also known as case law or law of precedent.
    Ha, and I wanted to say case law but wasn't sure about the term. Should've gone with my instincts...

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Except by the time it all dies down each refugee will claim that they now have a right to family life in Germany/Europe and therefore cannot be removed.
    They cannot claim such things. Maybe out of tolerance their stay is prolonged, but in the end we can cancel their permits.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    They cannot claim such things. Maybe out of tolerance their stay is prolonged, but in the end we can cancel their permits.
    The important bit is that we hold our gouvernment (whoever they are at that time) responsible to actually commit to this for once. No half assed excuses. They brought them here under the pretense that they would go back once the war is over. They need to do that or they'll alieniate current supporters for their strategy. That'll only play into the hands of the right wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg

Good God Germany, why the hell did you vote for this clown.

Just turn the ovens back on, that'll send em scurrying back to their shitholes.

They told us the same shit about people from ex yougoslavia during the war there. Yet people never went back there.

This statement means nothing, it's used as a fire extinguisher to appease some people. In 10 years the same appeased people will be told to go fuck themselves and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The important bit is that we hold our gouvernment (whoever they are at that time) responsible to actually commit to this for once. No half assed excuses. They brought them here under the pretense that they would go back once the war is over. They need to do that or they'll alieniate current supporters for their strategy. That'll only play into the hands of the right wing.
    You already found that loophole. Do you honestly think that the people after Merkel will actually manage something like that? Because let's be honest here, during the rest of Merkel's reign we will not see that war end most likely and she won't be having 2 more turns imho. They will just say they never made that promise and the voter will once again not react to that bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    They told us the same shit about people from ex yougoslavia during the war there. Yet people never went back there.

This statement means nothing, it's used as a fire extinguisher to appease some people. In 10 years the same appeased people will be told to go fuck themselves and deal with it.
    Not quite true, some went back, after they retired here to have more from their pensions. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, somebody has to do it. I mean, we could let Syria go to waste completely and just ignore it like we ignore most parts of the Sahara desert... but somehow I think it's worth rebuilding Syria.
    Sure. And people with money and resources will do it. But if you drop 800,000 refugees without homes or money or logistical support into the country all at once, it's not going to go well.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Sure. And people with money and resources will do it. But if you drop 800,000 refugees without homes or money or logistical support into the country all at once, it's not going to go well.
    Yeah, I do not care much about that, to be honest. I'd dump them there, wish them good luck and tell them to try not to fight each other again before waltzing home.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, I thought Germany was doomed to fade away without the immigrants there to have babies?

What happened to that argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    But, I thought Germany was doomed to fade away without the immigrants there to have babies?

It died the same, gruesome back alley death the doctors and scientists line did.

What???? You can't deport all of those people! Whats next are you going to build a wall... oh wait where have I heard this before?
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Nothing happened to that argument. But you're looking at decades down the road, plenty of time to plan for that before it actually becomes an issue.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Just like the same thing is happening in Europe though, there is nowhere to put all these people who are still coming, Syria will eventually be an empty desert if we keep allowing them into Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I guess she was surprised by the negative reaction of voters?

us-europe-migrants-germany-refugees-id

German Chancellor Angela Merkel tried on Saturday to placate the increasingly vocal critics of her open-door policy for refugees by insisting that most refugees from Syria and Iraq would go home once the conflicts there had ended.

Despite appearing increasingly isolated, Merkel has resisted pressure from some conservatives to cap the influx of refugees, or to close Germany's borders.

Support for her conservative bloc has slipped as concerns mount about how Germany will integrate the 1.1 million migrants who arrived last year, while crime and security are also in the spotlight after a wave of assaults on women in Cologne at New Year by men of north African and Arab appearance.

The influx has played into the hands of the right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD), whose support is now in the double digits, and whose leader was quoted on Saturday saying that migrants entering illegally should, if necessary, be shot.
    Bolded the important part, which is her escape route out of that pledge. "Most" being subjective and open to interpretation and numbers fudging.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Syria had a population of about 17mil. I doubt there are more than 4.5mil refugees, of which the significant majority did not cross more than a single border (to Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iran, who hold about 3mil of those refugees)

- - - Updated - - -

Some of these people may decide to settle in Germany and apply as immigrants. I mean, can they work as refugees? I would assume they'd need legal immigrant status to be able to work and if they have to stay there for years, some few of them will not want to just live on welfare but will attempt to set up business.
    Well that's the goal of Merkel, get them settled as they'll be cheap labor for Germany and Europe as a whole. Her statement is damage control that is backfiring because people are onto this and also now aware of what kind of people were brought in, so the notion of them applying for anything resembling permanent status is going to be fought tooth and nail, which is fine by me and anyone who cares about this situation from a natural citizen and sovereignity perspective.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.