Deleted

Almost unplayable

Ok so i have had connection issues for lil over 2 months, what happens without fail every single time is 5 sec freeze in the game where everyone is running in place followed by dc FROM EVERYTHING BLIZZ RELATED under here is Launcher app, blizz websites and ofc blizz games. everything else works fine refreshing pages on multiple sites like youtube etc. after 15 secs time i can connect just fine and everything is gucci, then maybe 20 min later it happens again. i have tried to ask blizz support multiple times and every time i get a non answer and get told to contact my ISP which i have done 5 times now, and always get the same answer "If it is blizzard related only, then its on their end and not ours. and everything is fine"

SO

now i call to the community for help because at this point i really dont know what to do.

Follow up info, this only happens with blizz games, cs go, smite and lol works just fine

(from the blizz looking glass app) i tried running tracert and pathpings but basicly same result

traceroute to my ip (my ip), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 Blizzard (Blizzard) 0.507 ms 0.622 ms 0.749 ms
    2 * * *
    3 prs-b8-link.telia.net (62.115.46.153) 0.451 ms 0.495 ms 0.497 ms
    4 prs-bb3-link.telia.net (213.155.131.2) 1.134 ms 1.211 ms 1.266 ms
    5 adm-bb3-link.telia.net (213.155.137.144) 10.267 ms 10.302 ms 10.305 ms
    6 adm-b2-link.telia.net (62.115.141.1) 12.193 ms 12.215 ms 12.237 ms
    7 xe-7-0-0-0.asd3nqp2.nl.ip.tdc.net (195.215.109.89) 11.891 ms 11.898 ms 11.897 ms
    8 ae1-0.kjnqe10.dk.ip.tdc.net (83.88.1.181) 27.856 ms 27.865 ms 27.880 ms
    9 xe-4-0-0-0.sgnqu1.dk.ip.tdc.net (83.88.12.215) 28.987 ms 28.871 ms 28.865 ms
    10 2-105-219-134-dynamic.dk.customer.tdc.net (my ip) 33.649 ms 33.459 ms 33.345 ms

PING my ip 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from my ip: icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=33.7 ms
    64 bytes from my ip: icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=33.4 ms
    64 bytes from my ip: icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=33.3 ms
    64 bytes from my ip: icmp_seq=4 ttl=53 time=33.2 ms

--- my ip ping statistics ---
    4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3033ms

HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1. Blizzard 0.0% 10 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.5 0.0
    2. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
    3. prs-b8-link.telia.net 0.0% 10 0.5 0.4 0.4 0.5 0.0
    4. prs-bb3-link.telia.net 0.0% 10 1.2 1.3 1.0 2.4 0.4
    5. adm-bb3-link.telia.net 0.0% 10 10.7 10.3 10.2 10.7 0.2
    6. adm-b2-link.telia.net 0.0% 10 12.2 12.4 12.2 13.8 0.5
    7. xe-7-0-0-0.asd3nqp2.nl.ip.tdc.net 0.0% 10 11.9 11.9 11.9 12.0 0.0
    8. ae1-0.kjnqe10.dk.ip.tdc.net 0.0% 10 27.6 31.2 27.6 61.5 10.7
    Last edited by mmoce9a77ae127; 2016-01-30 at 09:31 PM.

did you try changing out your router/modem?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do a very simple cross check - tether your phone to your PC and use your cellular connection to play.

If issue disappears it's definitely your ISP (most likely case).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You can do a very simple cross check - tether your phone to your PC and use your cellular connection to play.

If issue disappears it's definitely your ISP (most likely case).
    That actually tells him nothing.
    As most often the case with these weird things is that there's some Telia station along the way that may be borked.
    It could be the router doesn't have UPnP on and has no ports shared or there's some software installed on the PC causing it.

There's plenty of reasons that it can happen and asking the OP to tether his mobile phone and try playing on that does not signify that the ISP is at fault here.

Every single ISP, whether it's a mobile ISP or broadband ISP, takes a different "route" to the destination in which case the mobile ISP may or may not pass the same routing stations that the broadband ISP uses so you may or may not be in luck but what it will not tell you in this case if the problem is related to ISP or not.

The only way to determine it properly if it's network or PC related is to grab another PC or laptop, try that and see if it occurs again.
    If it does it means it's network related which can be either the Modem/Router, Telia substations or the ISP in question.

To rule out if it's ISP related you ask your next door neighbour if he has the same ISP and if someone is playing WoW as well in his household.
    If not you ask him if you can borrow his WiFi for a couple days to test it, of course only if he has the same ISP and broadband medium.

If that works perfectly fine it's either located in the modem/router itself or a local PC software issue.

You could then proceed by either making a clone of your bootable HDD/SSD/SSHD and try a fresh reinstall and see if that fixes it.
    (This is assuming the Ethernet controller/port isn't wonky on your mobo since lightning strikes and general power spikes tend to have most effect on those)

If it doesn't fix it than your problem is likely located in the modem/router and that should be replaced or ports opened and checked.

This is an elimination of all possible points and if in the end UPnP is turned on and even ports are open and it continues happening with him then it's on the ISP end.
    And you can then tell them in detail all you've done and they'll have no choice and no reason to deny it and it becomes their problem to solve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    That actually tells him nothing...
    This actually tells a lot, if he can play just fine via cellular network - then it IS automatically ISP, because (newsflash) ISP is ultimately responsible for the way they are routed to the world AND networking hardware you have at home (unless for some wild reason you buy your routers yourself).

It's also significantly easier than grabbing another computer or neighbor. He does not need to make hoops in the air to come to the conclusion whether the issue is ISP or not with this simple test. IF same issue appears with tethered connection - then it's complicated (but rules out router instantly). But if cellular is just fine - it is 99% ISP then because router, infrastructure and routing is on them after all.

And even if ISP is ultimately not responsible and it's something on the way - then switching ISP still gives a good chance you will be routed differently thus dodging the bullet.

15+ Year Old Account
    This actually tells a lot, if he can play just fine via cellular network - then it IS automatically ISP, because (newsflash) ISP is ultimately responsible for the way they are routed to the world AND networking hardware you have at home (unless for some wild reason you buy your routers yourself).
    Actually it is not.
    Your very assumption rests upon that you think everything is equal in pathing which in fact it's not.
    My statement with the neighbour also has flaws but it's 1 that's less common as f.ex. you could get an entirely different IP that is leased from a substation of your ISP that might be a kilometer further ahead but will route an entirely different path to the destination.

This again also states that it's not your ISP's responsibility but Telia's which the user cannot do ANYTHING about if it is since that's the service Blizzard uses to host their online services.

So no switching over to a mobile network actually means absolutely NOTHING.

Also having a bridge modem and your own router is 99,9% of the time a better option if than the routers supplied by the ISP everywhere across the world.
    And if it's a DSL modem/router combo tell me what you would rather have: Zyxel / Thomson or Draytek?

It puzzles me that you state it's a "wild reason" to do so as it's a common fact that the modem/routers most often employed by ISPs are absolute 5 dollar dogwank items that cannot even match a 20 USD/EUR router by the cheapest manufacturer.

It's also significantly easier than grabbing another computer or neighbor. He does not need to make hoops in the air to come to the conclusion whether the issue is ISP or not with this simple test. IF same issue appears with tethered connection - then it's complicated (but rules out router instantly). But if cellular is just fine - it is 99% ISP then because router, infrastructure and routing is on them after all.
    I'm curious ... please tell me how using cellular instantly rules out the router instantly.
    Yes your statement is indeed "easier" to test but it tells the user nothing and will lead to an even more arduous, not to mention longer, process with your ISP.

Your method of testing rules out nothing, not even software locally installed on the PC.
    A lot of Anti-Virus software I've worked with and found these issues with were, not surprisingly, Avast and AVG Free as well as paid Norton Internet Security and McAfee Internet Security which would work perfectly fine with a separate network adapter and absolutely REFUSE to work with the onboard network adapter.
    And removing the anti-virus made it work perfectly again.. this is a pretty common occurrence that ties up the primary network adapter and very hard to find because the software would say it's working perfectly but it simply refused.

And saying "Well I tested it with my mobile and it works perfectly with that but not with your connection... You fix it!" is a sure fire way to have your ISP prolong your suffering as well as being ENTIRELY inconclusive as to the issue at hand.

It is actually pretty stupid to say that trying it that way will immediately rule out your router as a culprit because it's no longer being used or part of the chain of communication when you try to do it via your mobile so I honestly do not know HOW you can make that statement with a straight face.

And even if ISP is ultimately not responsible and it's something on the way - then switching ISP still gives a good chance you will be routed differently thus dodging the bullet.
    So you would switch ISPs in a heartbeat without having any idea who's at fault and why and blame it all on them when it might not even remotely be their fault?
    That's pretty damn narrow minded of you and, honestly, exactly what's wrong with today's "SEE AND INSTANT JUDGE" society when it comes to things like this.

It's like saying "I have a Samsung TV but I have weird things happening on my TV when I try to watch channels! THE PROBLEM LIES WITH MY CABLE PROVIDER AND THEY ARE SHIT BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO TEST IF IT'S ACTUALLY THE TV THAT HAS AN ISSUE! SAMSUNG IS INFALLIBLE!"..
    It's so ignorant that it actually physically hurts.

Your statement isn't incorrect about switching, it can indeed be a good chance of dodging the issue but that doesn't solve OR tell him anything does it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Your statement isn't incorrect about switching, it can indeed be a good chance of dodging the issue but that doesn't solve OR tell him anything does it?
    Out of your whole pointless drivel the quoted part is only of any use - yes, if he manages to SOLVE HIS issue by switching ISP it is a job well done.

And there IS a very good chance that will be the case.

I get a feeling the OP is not interested in becoming network engineer or fighting the good fight for the betterment of the mankind. He just wants his game to bloody work.

So he can either turn upside down everything and still most likely not solve anything or he can just go ahead and do fairly simple test and potentially be done with it in a matter of two phone calls.

He is not exactly devoted to his ISP, especially not when they tell him it's his damn problem. If his little cellular test succeeds then sure as hell it is NOT his damn problem and instead trying to solve OTHERS issues, he can simply switch and be done with it.

And it does not even matter whether his ISP is truly responsible or is at mercy of evil Telia. Bottom line he pays to them not to Telia for service.

But again it's up to him, maybe he likes adventures.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-01-31 at 11:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Out of your whole pointless drivel the quoted part is only of any use - yes, if he manages to SOLVE HIS issue by switching ISP it is a job well done.

And there IS a very good chance that will be the case.

I get a feeling the OP is not interested in becoming network engineer or fighting the good fight for the betterment of the mankind. He just wants his game to bloody work.

So he can either turn upside down everything and still most likely not solve anything or he can just go ahead and do fairly simple test and potentially be done with it in a matter of two phone calls.

He is not exactly devoted to his ISP, especially not when they tell him it's his damn problem. If his little cellular test succeeds then sure as hell it is NOT his damn problem and instead trying to solve OTHERS issues, he can simply switch and be done with it.

But again it's up to him, maybe he likes adventures.
    The fact you called the details of how ANY IT guy should work pointless drivel tells me exactly the amount of knowledge you have.
    No scratch that... saying that if your cell phone worked your router wasn't the issue told me that truthfully.

You assume so many things and can't even determine the issue at all because of the likelyhood of his problem being local is also quite large.

Here's a guy ASKING to be helped and the only thing you give him is "Try this inconclusive method and switch ISPs!" which isn't helping.
    It's avoiding the problem and actually also a good chance of not solving the issue because if you've had any experience or knowledge you would never make that statement.

If you don't intend to help the OP then don't post at all with a method that tells you 0.

Tracert and pp are useless unless you run them when the problem exists. Telia has been having some serious problems especially at night time lately. We've had some 20-30 minute global disconnects in the capital area of Finland, preventing access to a few vital services. I seriously doubt there's an issue at Blizzard's side. Like Evildeffy said, there's very likely a basic routing issue between a few of Telia's links.

Anyway, get two tracerts when the problem occurs next time. One to Blizzard and another to Google's public DNS (tracert 8.8.8.8 > C:\tracertGOOGLE.txt).