Poll: Which itemization system have you enjoyed the most ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

POLL - Itemization

Which itemization system have you enjoyed the most and you think it's better for wow ? I will write a small preview of some expansions which are the most revelant in my opinion.

1) Wotlk system - Which had colored sockets and bonuses for it , armor enchants and also the old stats such as : armor penetration,mana per 5, spirit ,parry ,defense ,hit ,expertise and dodge rating .Also every profession had bonuses which for the most part will provide a small boost to your gear.

2) The mop system - Which is similar to Wotlk for the most part but also had upgrade levels for items,reforging and an rng element for items which was the thunderforged/warforged option.

3) The wod system - Which has more rng elements such as a chance for a prismatic socket , random tertiary stat(speed,leech,avoidance,indestructible) with no armor enchants but with jewelry enchants for everyone(not for enchanters which was the case before wod) ,no reforge option ,upgrade levels for items(which was introduced later on during the expansion) and the warforged option for items. Also the new guaranteed stats that they introduced such as : versatility , multistrike ,bonus armor while removing others such as parry,defense,dodge,hit,expertise rating .Also the crafted items had random stats.

4) I don't really care and move along with it.

5) They can come up with something even better than what we had before.

MoP hands down.
    Current Diablo loot system is dumb as f__k imo :/

Chose WoTLK because it had the most RPG elements of the choices, but I think Reforging is absolutely necessary with how much RNG is involved in loot now.

So a mixture of WoTLK and MoP would be my ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    MoP hands down.
    Current Diablo loot system is dumb as f__k imo :/
    Have to agree to this one the most.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like the WoD system best so far. The best thing about it is that you can share most of your gear with your off-specs, which was a fantastic change imo. I also like not having to enchant/gem half my gear, it's a lot of hassle if there are too many slots to enchant/gem. I don't really mind the RNG on tertiary stats/sockets/warforged, but I could live without it too. Something I don't like though is RNG stats, especially for crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I like the WoD system best so far. The best thing about it is that you can share most of your gear with your off-specs, which was a fantastic change imo. I also like not having to enchant/gem half my gear, it's a lot of hassle if there are too many slots to enchant/gem. I don't really mind the RNG on tertiary stats/sockets/warforged, but I could live without it too. Something I don't like though is RNG stats, especially for crafting.
    Legion system seems to go this way.

Less is more. I'd prefer no sockets, no random stats, no upgrades, no reforges, no enchants even.

no master expac tbc option

Thread is pointless.

Not sure, to be honest. I didn't get to play much Cata nor MoP so I can't really comment. While I see why blizzard did it I do not like the random stat rolling thing and I do rather miss gems and socket bonuses. I wonder how things will be in legion as we haven't really seen too much on crafting yet but there was a shield spike recipe a few days ago; i'd like to see stuff like that come back and maybe temp enchants like weapon oils/stones too.

''wotlk system'' fuck off with the wotlk fanaticism already, that shit was started in TBC not wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    ''wotlk system'' fuck off with the wotlk fanaticism already, that shit was started in TBC not wotlk.
    I mean does it even matter ? They had very similar systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cypher View Post
    no master expac tbc option

Thread is pointless.
    I mean does it even matter ? Wotlk and Tbc had similar systems. I went with wotlk because more people played it.
    Last edited by demonhunter50; 2016-01-31 at 08:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For all its flaws, WoD ended the "int plate" scenario. For that alone it wins for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    All older systems are outdated.

Reforging trivializes gear diversity.
    Only interesting gems are the Meta. The others were just an extension of reforging (or vice-versa).

Old secondary stats were stupid cookie-cutter.
    Armor Pen was better the more you had.
    Hit and Expertise was just a "goal" that made damage grow even more exponentially than it currently does, due to the fact that at the first Tier of gear of an expansion you needed like 50% of your gear invested into expertise and/or hit, while by the 3rd tier you'd need less than 20%, causing a massive inflation in damage.

Old Spirit was silly because it only worked outside combat.
    Today's Spirit is the old Mp5.

What I think they did wrong was:
    - Add too much 100% uncontrollable RNG (Warforged in MoP and tertiary/socket in WoD).
    - Turn primary stats into clones of each other and make only 1 useful for each spec.

Instead of giving up on multiple Primary Stats per class/spec, I'd prefer if they had given each Primary stat a secondary effect which would have a different effect based on spec, through a passive.
    Example: Rogues might gain crit damage from Str and crit chance from Int, and perhaps increased Energy regen based on Spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    For all its flaws, WoD ended the "int plate" scenario. For that alone it wins for me.
    Nearly all changes to gear they did in WoD was good.
    Only the 100% uncontrollable RNG was bad.

If they gave us a way to "work" towards that prismatic socket, Warforged and tertiary stats with effort, while still allowing some to get lucky, it'd be fine.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-01-31 at 08:54 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    I mean you have to look at it as a whole. Improving something while making the other things worse isn't a solution.

WoD with the rng crap thrown out.
    No warforged, no sockets, no tertiary (tho they are mostly meaningless anyway)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    All older systems are outdated.

Reforging trivializes gear diversity.
    Only interesting gems are the Meta. The others were just an extension of reforging (or vice-versa).

Old secondary stats were stupid cookie-cutter.
    Armor Pen was better the more you had.
    Hit and Expertise was just a "goal" that made damage grow even more exponentially than it currently does, due to the fact that at the first Tier of gear of an expansion you needed like 50% of your gear invested into expertise and/or hit, while by the 3rd tier you'd need less than 20%, causing a massive inflation in damage.

Old Spirit was silly because it only worked outside combat.
    Today's Spirit is the old Mp5.

What I think they did wrong was:
    - Add too much 100% uncontrollable RNG (Warforged in MoP and tertiary/socket in WoD).
    - Turn primary stats into clones of each other and make only 1 useful for each spec.

Instead of giving up on multiple Primary Stats per class/spec, I'd prefer if they had given each Primary stat a secondary effect which would have a different effect based on spec, through a passive.
    Example: Rogues might gain crit damage from Str and crit chance from Int, and perhaps increased Energy regen based on Spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Nearly all changes to gear they did in WoD was good.
    Only the 100% uncontrollable RNG was bad.

If they gave us a way to "work" towards that prismatic socket, Warforged and tertiary stats with effort, while still allowing some to get lucky, it'd be fine.
    Yes, I kinda agree with you.While the old system had it's flaws I enjoyed it because it had more diversity and you had control over the items (they had no rng involved ).I would to see a more in depth system. The current one requires you to equip the thing and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP minus Warforged, or WotLK with the addition of Reforging.

Really, anything from expansions prior to WoD is fine. Loot was random enough without all of this random socket, tertiary stat, Warforged crap.

WoD's probably my favorite so far. They can do better, though.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I wasn't playing during MoP, so maybe I'm not qualified to vote in this poll? I did play WoLK and Cata, so I have something to compare the current system to. I do feel like I have more options for improving now than back then, but then again I never maxed out then either. It's nice going into a raid knowing there is at least some chance of an upgrade.

Deleted
    I played and enjoyed wotlk and mop because it had more diversity than wod and I had a lot of fun optimizing my gear. I would like to have more options customizing the items and I hate the rng wod system. Reforging was fine also.