Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    While it makes sense that the execute is more powerful, something called Chaos Bolt should be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm honestly confused why it doesn't just replace Chaos Bolt. That's what every other talent vaguely resembling this kind of decision tends to do.
    I think the intent is for Shadowburn to trade overall damage for utility. That is to say, Chaos Bolt will have better DPCT, but Shadowburn will have a place if you need to cast on the move or get the damage out faster or can snipe a target right before it dies or have a pressing need to spend a single SS. Put like that you can see it being a useful talent choice without entirely replacing Chaos Bolt.

Whatever, I just want competitive single target damage on destro instead of just being an aoe spec.

And forgive me but if we are even more of a turret than arcane mages, then our greater risk of longer cast times should reflect in our damage potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Whatever, I just want competitive single target damage on destro instead of just being an aoe spec.

And forgive me but if we are even more of a turret than arcane mages, then our greater risk of longer cast times should reflect in our damage potential.
    Arcane Mages won't be turrets anymore in Legion. Insta Arcane Blasts+Multiple Blinks in a row = GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    Arcane Mages won't be turrets anymore in Legion. Insta Arcane Blasts+Multiple Blinks in a row = GG.
    All the more reason to give destro locks and ele shamans a greater payoff for their turret play. Otherwise why not play hunter/mage/affliction and not give a damn about movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    All the more reason to give destro locks and ele shamans a greater payoff for their turret play. Otherwise why not play hunter/mage/affliction and not give a damn about movement.
    Absolutely. They gave Shamans our Demonic Leap as "Gust of Wind", but ofc it isn't enough. We have to have something similar too, like riding a Dreadstalker or smth. Or they can buff Burning Rush, if we corner Celestalon and tell him what we want. We got our Fel Flame through Shadowburn. Now some mobility.

Aff isn't good tho, only UA got buffed and Haunt a little bit, but has a CD. Heals are not too much, Demo's Soul Link is better than all of those heals Aff will get.

But you don't get Arcane Blasts without a talent (on a cooldown), and multiple blinks in a row is also a 90 second cooldown.
    Warlocks too have cooldowns to deal with mobility...

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    But you don't get Arcane Blasts without a talent (on a cooldown), and multiple blinks in a row is also a 90 second cooldown.
    Warlocks too have cooldowns to deal with mobility...
    I don't think you've seen the "Temporal Anomaly" PvP talent of Arcanes. Here: http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-pvp/mage/arcane/IAE

I don't think you've seen the "Temporal Anomaly" PvP talent of Arcanes. Here: http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-pvp/mage/arcane/IAE
    What about it?
    You can't use it to blink multiple times in a row, because you would need to cast an arcane blast to reduce blink's cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    What about it?
    You can't use it to blink multiple times in a row, because you would need to cast an arcane blast to reduce blink's cooldown.
    After you use the 1.5 mins CD Blink thingy, you activate the insta Arcane Blast talent, then Blink again in 4.5 secs. You'd still have 1 more insta Arcane Blast. Use Ice Block if you're in danger, get out of Ice Block, use the other insta AB and Blink again or with Cauterize ms proc, no one would catch you.
    Comparing this with our specific location CD Demonic Circle: Teleport 30 secs isn't fair.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you on a mission here, Felpacino? Yet another qq/whine thread about a not playable spec with untuned numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm honestly confused why it doesn't just replace Chaos Bolt. That's what every other talent vaguely resembling this kind of decision tends to do.
    Shadowburn talent just replacing Chaos Bolt without changing any modifier would be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Are you on a mission here, Felpacino? Yet another qq/whine thread about a not playable spec with untuned numbers.
    Not this time. This time, I'm praising SB build in Legion. My point is not how CB sucks, because I don't give a shit about CB when I get spammable SB.

Deleted
    Not this time. This time, I'm praising SB build in Legion. My point is not how CB sucks, because I don't give a shit about CB when I get spammable SB.
    Havoc doesn't seem to have a 3 non-CB / 1 CB limit any longer either. I wish they would get destro and demo up on the alpha soon, it should be pretty ridicoulus if some specific things stay as they are on the various legion talent calculators.

Havoc on main target, burn adds with shadow burn, even when they are above execute range. Shadow burn costs a single shard, and refunds two if the target dies. You could take soul harvest to refill 5 shards to burn even more. You could pick wreak havoc to make sure that every single shadow burn you use will hit the main target as well. If those things stay that way, channel demonfire is looking poor for anything other than single target, and even two targets is strong for that talent.

Demonic servitude is probably really far below either of them, but I don't mind, since I never liked that talent anyway.

Welcome to MMOChamp, where we're doing the maths for balance on a spec that isn't even function tested, let alone number balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Welcome to MMOChamp, where we're doing the maths for balance on a spec that isn't even function tested, let alone number balanced.
    Those numbers are correct tho.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    And you expect that math to stay as is till Legion release? Exercise in futility....

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    And you expect that math to stay as is till Legion release? Exercise in futility....
    Of course I don't expect to stay it. You never read what I write and judge me with only the 1st post. As I said, either SB will get nerfed or CB will get buff to even the situtation.

Of course I don't expect to stay it. You never read what I write and judge me with only the 1st post. As I said, either SB will get nerfed or CB will get buff to even the situtation.
    Or our Artifact it's what turns Chaos Bolt into something relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Or our Artifact it's what turns Chaos Bolt into something relevant.
    Artifact already buffs CB with an average portion. Also it gets buffed by %20. So, our Incinerate needs to get buffed and we need 1 more new spell. CB is fine, but SB passes that even without an Artifact talent.