Poll: GO AWAY LFR!

organized raiding is such a great feature for gaming that thousands of other top selling games also use it

you might want to rethink a few things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I agree, They are trying to kill it and by doing it they remove any semblance of challenge it had in MoP along with the reward too.
    The only challenge to LFR in MoP was like what? 3 bosses? If that, I mean all 2 of them required was following 1 little mechanic.........and also look at how many cries for nerfs were in MoP LFR.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    The only challenge to LFR in MoP was like what? 3 bosses? If that, I mean all 2 of them required was following 1 little mechanic.........and also look at how many cries for nerfs were in MoP LFR.

MoP LFR was freaking fun and stop pretending like nothing is a challenge to you. I loved slowing working towards downing Lei Shen on his launch and it made for fun experiences. It did get nerfs and it was a fair challenge for the reward you were given, I still did LFR like 10 months on in Pandaria to fill out my tank and DPS spec, but in WoD there is no point, the gear is horrendous and it truly feels like anti fun to do LFR in WoD

How is it one of the best additions? Trivializing a raid? To me Flex is what LFR should have been, at least that takes at least a little bit of a thought process, if you dumb everything down people get bored as hell.
    It's clear that what you are suggesting there would not, and could not, have worked. GC has recently tweeted: "When LFR was harder, it was a miserable experience. Folks would just wipe and bail." And that was when LFR was easier than what current Flex would be.

If you mean Flex without the random queuing option, that excludes a bunch of people who don't want to move to new guilds or put up with guild drama. Regardless of what you think of them, they are numerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    And they are changing how PVP gear works in Legion. You won't be able to gear like that.
    Yep. PvP gearing in WoD really shat all over a lot of PvE content, reward-wise.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    How is it one of the best additions? Trivializing a raid? To me Flex is what LFR should have been, at least that takes at least a little bit of a thought process, if you dumb everything down people get bored as hell.
    You seem to think that everybody plays for a challenge. Let me tell you, that it wrong. Most people play for fun and avoid big challenges. Time spend vs rewards given. That is pretty much true for the entire games industry, even singleplayer games are mostly beaten at the lowest difficulty level, and exclusively it that by the vast majority of people.

If you personally (or your friends) like it or not, but LFR wasn't the "worst thing ever happen to WoW".... not even in the slightest. Just because you are bored as hell, doesn't mean someone else is by that content. You just need to realize: not everybody plays the way you do, and not everybody play with the same motivation like you do.

And just because something is simple doesn't mean they get to finish it quickly. Two things: "random loot luck" and "weekly IDs".

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that you can choose to not do LFR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    organized raiding is such a great feature for gaming that thousands of other top selling games also use it

you might want to rethink a few things
    Can you please name or at least show the "thousands" of other games? Wildstar did have vanilla flavored raid mechanics.... it did succeed and sold big time....
    Well maybe those games did have other things too beside raiding. Many MMOs offer another way to gear up that is on par with raids in their game, without stupid restrictions WOW has.

You might want to rethink yourself before spouting out such things. thousands of other games...... That's a good one ;-) it HAD to be highly sarcastic.

Let's see, in MSV it was Elegon (floor boss xD loved seeing fools die to that!). Fun fact I enjoyed will of the emperor the most out of a lot of boss fights. As the dancing mechanic was fucking brilliant Imo.

Heart of Fear you had the giant bug whos name i forget. Wipes on Queen could happen, and is it windlord the guy with a million adds? He was quite nasty mainly due to idiots not cc'ing targets or blowing up cc'd targets.

Throne of Thunder you had Durumu for obvious reasons, Lei shen was a group killer.

Siege I think Nazgrim was a group slayer. Shamans you had quite a number of wipes depending on who fucked up. Malkorok was another group slayer. in fact first few weeks of SoO I saw a lot of wipes on most of the bosses to be fair. Garrosh surprisingly being the easiest boss once I taught LFR people the cheese tactic. true story!

LFR is easier than other raid modes true. But the fact its vastly more successful than the other ones have ever dreamed of being tells you all you need to know about the player base. They either never cared for a challenge or raiding in general. Making raiding more accessible with rewards that are at least worth the effort to obtain certainly showed in the participation rates it gets.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2016-03-08 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    heart of fear you had the giant bug whos name i forget.
    Mighty Garalon!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Mighty Garalon!
    Thats the one! Oh boy was he a slayer of early LFR in mop! XD

Personally I'd like to see it gone so Blizzard can put more resources on things I enjoy. I think if they removed LFR it would lead to more normal mode groups forming making it easier for "super casuals" to get into raids. WoW is a MMO. If you don't want to queue up and never socialize I don't really get why you don't play something like The Elder Scrolls instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Personally I'd like to see it gone so Blizzard can put more resources on things I enjoy.
    Like... a new raiding difficulty? Because those are the "resources" that go into LFR. Balancing a difficulty; as all the other assets that take the biggest bulk of effort still have to be designed and created in the creation of the Raid itself.

I think if they removed LFR it would lead to more normal mode groups forming making it easier for "super casuals" to get into raids.
    Hum, I'm sure the community would welcome all the people, who enjoy the casual and hassle-free LFR, with open arms into the raiding community. As I'm pretty sure all those players will shrug and decide that everything they don't like nor enjoy means nothing and indeed venture into Organized Raiding.

No wait, I'm not that naive. LFR players will stop attending raids, thus raiding becomes and even niche'r activity and eventually less and less resources are put into it as it's a minority's activity and money is made by giving the masses stuff to do.

WoW is a MMO. If you don't want to queue up and never socialize I don't really get why you don't play something like The Elder Scrolls instead.
    Oh, I'd love to queue up for normal mode and above; It's not how easy LFR that appeals me, but how accessible it is.
    But I guess that's not what you meant in your post, but the usual "go play a different game then!" argument.

Deleted
    Challege dnugeons on Legion will replace LFR and maybe even normal and heroc raids anyway so. Dont worry even when they keep it in the game people will not run it anymore becouse dungeons will be finaly more fun option to raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Challege dnugeons on Legion will replace LFR and maybe even normal and heroc raids anyway so. Dont worry even when they keep it in the game people will not run it anymore becouse dungeons will be finaly more fun option to raiding.
    wait till its tested.. I am very skeptical they can make the effect meaningful enough that it won't turn into gold cm timers mode again.

My biggest fear is that class stacking will destroy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    wait till its tested.. I am very skeptical they can make the effect meaningful enough that it won't turn into gold cm timers mode again.

If there will be proble with class stacking then it have easy solution. Just create your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    That doesn't make any sense, why would something as hard as challenge modes replace something easy as LFR? If anything it can replace HC/Mythic for some people.

Even in WoD you have mythic dungeons that drop far better loot then LFR and you dont see masses of lfr people hurling to do them and reason is you will never guess....they are too challenging when compared to raidfinder.

You cant queue for them, they are far harder then current lfr = 0 appeal for lfr target audience

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post

Oh, it will, CC requirements and FotM classes will dominate it and make challenge modes utterly unattractive (if not outright inaccessible) to most casual players...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    You seem to think that everybody plays for a challenge. Let me tell you, that it wrong. Most people play for fun and avoid big challenges. Time spend vs rewards given. That is pretty much true for the entire games industry, even singleplayer games are mostly beaten at the lowest difficulty level, and exclusively it that by the vast majority of people.

If you personally (or your friends) like it or not, but LFR wasn't the "worst thing ever happen to WoW".... not even in the slightest. Just because you are bored as hell, doesn't mean someone else is by that content. You just need to realize: not everybody plays the way you do, and not everybody play with the same motivation like you do.

And just because something is simple doesn't mean they get to finish it quickly. Two things: "random loot luck" and "weekly IDs".
    Fact: When things are too easy people get bored and it removes replay value, if you guys don't see how since making it easier every expansion the subs drop I don't know what to tell you, people see LFR and figure the game is beaten and done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Let's see, in MSV it was Elegon (floor boss xD loved seeing fools die to that!). Fun fact I enjoyed will of the emperor the most out of a lot of boss fights. As the dancing mechanic was fucking brilliant Imo.

Heart of Fear you had the giant bug whos name i forget. Wipes on Queen could happen, and is it windlord the guy with a million adds? He was quite nasty mainly due to idiots not cc'ing targets or blowing up cc'd targets.

Throne of Thunder you had Durumu for obvious reasons, Lei shen was a group killer.

Siege I think Nazgrim was a group slayer. Shamans you had quite a number of wipes depending on who fucked up. Malkorok was another group slayer. in fact first few weeks of SoO I saw a lot of wipes on most of the bosses to be fair. Garrosh surprisingly being the easiest boss once I taught LFR people the cheese tactic. true story!

LFR is easier than other raid modes true. But the fact its vastly more successful than the other ones have ever dreamed of being tells you all you need to know about the player base. They either never cared for a challenge or raiding in general. Making raiding more accessible with rewards that are at least worth the effort to obtain certainly showed in the participation rates it gets.
    Again, if people could be bothered to follow mechanics and not tunnel like a bunch of idiots it wouldn't be a problem, the challenge was getting a group who actually had a brain.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Given all the "WoW" is too easy, why haven't you guys tried Wildstar if WoW is easy. Wildstar does not even requires subs now? If WoW is not longer the game for you guys, move on. Leave the players who still enjoy as it is now alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    Even if your assertion were correct it wouldn't change relative sub-rates among difficulties because if the LFR players would beat LFR Archi and quit then the Normal players would beat Normal Archi and quit, the Heroic raiders would beat Heroic Archi and quit, and the Mythic raiders would beat Mythic Archi and quit. If your assertion were correct, which I strongly suspect it is not. There's nothing magical about LFR players that would make only them beat the last boss on their difficulty and quit.
    Dunno what you guys were specifically talking about but ^this is fairly off base.

There is no investment in LFR on the level of being involved in a guild, you just que up and go along for the ride.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.