Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wouldn't call Az'guldan a mistake. It's a fusion character, which we might see more of in future skins.

Just like Nova's Amazon skin. I don't think that will stop them creating an Amazon hero later.

In a way, the Altered Fates Malfurion/Illidan are similar. Though single universe in that case.
    Now, the Altered Fates are NOT similar to Azgul'dan.

Betrayer Malfurion is STILL Malfurion, not Malfurion pretending to be an Illidan.

Shan'do Illidan is STILL Illidan, not Illidan pretending to be a Malf.

Warden Tyrande is STILL Tyrande, not Tyrande pretending to be Maeiv.

The Altered Fates skins are more similar to the many other Altered Fate skins - Angelic Valla, Demonic Tyrael, Angelic Diablo, Hellhammer/Earthbreaker Thrall, ect. In each of those situations, those heroes are still the same heroes - Angelic Valla is not pretending to be Auriel or something, but 100% Valla. Demonic Tyrael is not pretending to be Baal, but 100% Tyrael. Amazon Nova is not Nova pretending to be the D2 Amazon hero, but is 100% Nova. Azgul'dan, however, is Azmodan 100% pretending to be Gul'dan, an exception.

The Altered Fate style skins are also far more then just Malf/Illidan/Tyrande. Heres a quick list of skins that represent an alternate reality version of that hero (In that its plausible to happen if fate played just a bit differently)

Sentinel Lunara. Purifier Artanis. Marshall Raynor. Earthbreaker Thrall. Prisonder Tychus. Archangel Diablo. Ranger-General Sylvannas. Hellhammer Thrall. Betrayer Malfurion. Warden Tyrande. Infested Tychus. Warmaster Chen. Ironclaw Rehgar. Angelic Valla. Shan'do Illidan. Magni Muradin. Spectre Nova. High Templar Zeratul. Demoic Tyrael.

A few more confusing ones include Crown Prince Arthas, Seraphim Tyrael, Buccaneer Falstad, Blood Elf Tyrande, Storm Mantle Malfurion, Star and Stripes Raynor, and World War 3 Hammer. All of those indicate an altered fate, but I'm not sure if a few of them would be Altered Fate or Alternate Reality (the Falstad, Tyrael, Raynor, and Hammer skins to be particular).

Overall, skins in Heroes can be divided into 4 types - Costumed, Altered Fates, Alternate Reality, and Cross-Universe. The Stitches skins are examples of Costumed, Altered Fates can be found above, the Mad Martian Gazlowe/Super Sonya are examples of Alternate reality, and Cross-Universe includes Grunty Murky, Lurkablo Diablo, Crypt King Tassadar, and Novazon Nova.

Azgul'dan fits into the Cross-Universe skins, but imo, should have been a generic Warlock rather then Gul'dan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Betrayer Malfurion is STILL Malfurion, not Malfurion pretending to be an Illidan.

The Altered Fates skins are more similar to the many other Altered Fate skins - Angelic Valla, Demonic Tyrael, Angelic Diablo, Hellhammer/Earthbreaker Thrall, ect. In each of those situations, those heroes are still the same heroes - Angelic Valla is not pretending to be Auriel or something, but 100% Valla. Demonic Tyrael is not pretending to be Baal, but 100% Tyrael. Amazon Nova is not Nova pretending to be the D2 Amazon hero, but is 100% Nova. Azgul'dan, however, is Azmodan 100% pretending to be Gul'dan, an exception.

The Altered Fate style skins are also far more then just Malf/Illidan/Tyrande. Heres a quick list of skins that represent an alternate reality version of that hero (In that its plausible to happen if fate played just a bit differently)

Sentinel Lunara. Purifier Artanis. Marshall Raynor. Earthbreaker Thrall. Prisonder Tychus. Archangel Diablo. Ranger-General Sylvannas. Hellhammer Thrall. Betrayer Malfurion. Warden Tyrande. Infested Tychus. Warmaster Chen. Ironclaw Rehgar. Angelic Valla. Shan'do Illidan. Magni Muradin. Spectre Nova. High Templar Zeratul. Demoic Tyrael.

A few more confusing ones include Crown Prince Arthas, Seraphim Tyrael, Buccaneer Falstad, Blood Elf Tyrande, Storm Mantle Malfurion, Star and Stripes Raynor, and World War 3 Hammer. All of those indicate an altered fate, but I'm not sure if a few of them would be Altered Fate or Alternate Reality (the Falstad, Tyrael, Raynor, and Hammer skins to be particular).

Overall, skins in Heroes can be divided into 4 types - Costumed, Altered Fates, Alternate Reality, and Cross-Universe. The Stitches skins are examples of Costumed, Altered Fates can be found above, the Mad Martian Gazlowe/Super Sonya are examples of Alternate reality, and Cross-Universe includes Grunty Murky, Lurkablo Diablo, Crypt King Tassadar, and Novazon Nova.

Azgul'dan fits into the Cross-Universe skins, but imo, should have been a generic Warlock rather then Gul'dan.
    Is not Magni a different Dwarf king separate entirely from Muradin just as Gul'dan is not Azmodan?
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see Diablo as a Zerg. His design lends itself well to that I think. Making him look like one of the Primal Zerg would be neat. The same could be said for Greymane. A Zerg that can shapeshift into two different forms would lend to some creative ideas. It would be a monstrosity for sure, but man, I would love to see that.

I would also want to see more transformers skins. Make Abathur a robot, or make a bunch of cyborg skins for all the characters. The Borg are invading the Nexus! =P

King of Blades Arthas - (Zerg/Starcraft Skin)
    Nerubian Mother Zagara - (Warcraft Skin)
    Silver Hand Morales - (Warcraft Paladin Skin)
    Sin Brood Azmodan - (Zerg Starcraft Skin)
    MutaWing - (Brightwing Mutalisk/Starcraft Skin)
    PowerSuit Metal E.T.C. - (Starcraft PowerArmor Skin)
    Dark Templar Illidan - (Protoss / Starcraft Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    Is not Magni a different Dwarf king separate entirely from Muradin just as Gul'dan is not Azmodan?
    Indeed. Magni is Muradins older brother.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    The difference between Novazon and Azgul'dan is that Gul'dan is legitimately a named character that they plan to implement as a hero. "Amazon" was a class, and if it comes to HotS then it will be named rather than called "Amazon".

Example: Medic Uther. That was fine because the medic armor is generic, like an Amazon is, and when they brought ina Medic hero she was a totally new character called Morales. Gul'dan has not only his likeness but his NAME attached to an existing character's skin, which is awkward.
    I don't think that's really a huge distinction. Az'guldan is clearly a separate "character" from either Azmodan or Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Apothecary Morales isn't styled after Warcraft, it's styled after the 40k Space Marines where the apothecary is their kind of medic.
    Yeah I'm sure that's the visual influence, but I think the skin text has a reference to the Apothecary Society.

Honestly I think you're splitting hairs a bit. Az'guldan is an alternate universe fusion of two characters.

As far as skins go, I expect to see Blizzard do whatever they think seems cool without worrying about any of these things. The only thing I wouldn't expect to see is if they actually made a skin that is completely a separate character. Like if they called "Az'guldan" just "Gul'dan" and remodelled him to look like Gul'dan instead of a Gul'dan-ey skin on Azmodan.

Well except swapping Magni for Muradin I guess. Those characters are similar enough that it doesn't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    While that is true, Magni is a Mountain King just like Muradin, and pre-cata, basically had all the same movesets (Thunder Clap, a stun on the tank, Avatar, ect). Essentially, his toolkit is more or less identical to that of Muradin's, so it makes sense for him to be a skin of Muradin.

Gul'Dan, however, has an ENTIRELY different toolkit, lore, background, EVERYTHING compared to Azmodan.

While that is true, Magni is a Mountain King just like Muradin, and pre-cata, basically had all the same movesets (Thunder Clap, a stun on the tank, Avatar, ect). Essentially, his toolkit is more or less identical to that of Muradin's, so it makes sense for him to be a skin of Muradin.

Gul'Dan, however, has an ENTIRELY different toolkit, lore, background, EVERYTHING compared to Azmodan.
    I don't really get the problem. Like you say Gul'dan would look and play completely differently to Az'guldan, so the fact there's an Azmodan skin cosmetically resembling Gul'dan doesn't stop them putting him in the game at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

More overwatch Crossovers!

Roadhog Stitches.
    Zenyatta Kharazim.
    Widowmaker Nova.
    Mercy Lieutenant Morales.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Roadhog Stitches.
    Zenyatta Kharazim.
    Widowmaker Nova.
    Good Lord I was so happy when the Mercy wings became available as a cosmetic item in console D3, I would sell my mother for them to be in HotS as well
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Roadhog Stitches.
    Zenyatta Kharazim.
    Widowmaker Nova.
    Or, you know, they can just ADD those heroes in as an actual hero?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Good Lord I was so happy when the Mercy wings became available as a cosmetic item in console D3, I would sell my mother for them to be in HotS as well
    9/9 says that Mercy will become a Heroes hero a month or two after the release of Overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't really get the problem. Like you say Gul'dan would look and play completely differently to Az'guldan, so the fact there's an Azmodan skin cosmetically resembling Gul'dan doesn't stop them putting him in the game at all.
    Hrmm. I do have to say that its more of a personal view thing - Azgul'dan, for instance, could have been called Warlock Azmodan instead, with a bit of rewording to imply that Azmodan was an Orc Warlock mutated by a pact with multiple demons.

Mostly, We know that Gul'Dan is going to be his own hero, so it'll be awkard to have both Azgul'dan and Gul'dan on the same team.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly, We know that Gul'Dan is going to be his own hero, so it'll be awkard to have both Azgul'dan and Gul'dan on the same team.
    NO more Awkward than having Arthas and Uther on the same team :/

Also Azgul'dan worked since it was a Pun on the name, they replaced Mo with Gul and it became it's own character. "warlock" Azmodan would have just been boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    NO more Awkward than having Arthas and Uther on the same team :/

Also Azgul'dan worked since it was a Pun on the name, they replaced Mo with Gul and it became it's own character. "warlock" Azmodan would have just been boring.
    I do have to agree that the Pun was very good. But, eh, meh.

I think the opposite sex D3 heroes should be their own hero. There's a ton of spells to choose from, as well as gear. Yeah they could easily make a male barb, DH as their own hero, they'd just make another name anyways

Altered Fate-
    Lich King Kael'thas
    Hand of Kil'jaeden (Warlock) Thrall
    Champion of the Banshee Queen Greymane
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Murky needs a D3 goblin skin.
    Nazeebo needs a warlock skin.
    Nova needs like a steampunk goblin skin.
    Abathur could get a wyrm skin, with little baby whelps for his trait. Make him a frost wyrm so when he symbiotes he goes into a ball of ice or something.
    I love the brighwing flying monkey one, they need more crazy skins like that. Maybe a wyvern skin for her, or possibly a mech type skin with robot voice.
    I'm a thread killer.

Magni is Muradin's brother. Not really separate kingdoms, although for story reasons, Muradin was separated from Magni after the events in orthrend (WC3 ad WoW: WoTLK). The skin falls into an both an altered fate and a costume skin category. But I am inclined to lump into the costume category.

- - - Updated - - -

I am ot sure if it has been mentioned here but o the HoTS SEA facebook page, there was artwork featured for:

-Infested Nova
    -Lich Queen Jaina
    -Sylvanas, Queen of Blades

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    You mean like Green Arrow Tyrande or Hulk Diablo?

Thor Thrall? Blademaster Sonya?

Castiel Tyrael?
    I dont even play HoTS all that often and i would definitely buy that skin

Guldan - Tassadar /facepalm
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd honestly rather they be brought in as unique heroes, not just reskins.

For instance, they could easily do an Alexandros Mograine reskin of Uther... But how fucking lame would that be? Alexandros is unique, and should be his own character (and I honestly am baffled they haven't done that yet).
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-02-10 at 04:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.