Thread: "Pity Timer"

"Pity Timer"

I may be a few days late on this but it's been suggested (not yet sure proven) that you are guaranteed to get a legendary on your 40th pack if you did not receive any in the last 39. All 40 packs must be of the same set (so 40 Classic not 20 Classic and 20 GvG).

Of course I go and buy 40 packs cuz what the hell. I bought GvG packs since it was announced that you can no longer buy them after the next big expansion/adventure hits. Mind you I don't know when the last time was that I opened a GvG pack and got a legendary but, 11 packs in I get a Golden Blingtron. 4 packs later I get Bolvar. I think it was 12 packs later and I got Mogor the Ogre. I'd say I got really lucky but if anyone else has attempted this let us know how many it took until you got your Legendary. Maybe we can debunk this theory if it wasn't officially proven by Blizzard.

And BTW I'm really not trying to brag.

Why can you no longer buy GvG packs? There was an announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah I never heard anything about this either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Yeah I never heard anything about this either.
    When the new expansion comes out they are adding a new mode that only lets you play with cards that have come out in the last 2 years.

Naxx and GvG came out in 2014 therefore you can't buy them or use them in standard play anymore. You will still be able to use them in the new playlist called "wild" and in other game modes.

Official statement - http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...-play-2-2-2016

If you already own the adventure can you go back and play the single player part again? If not that's kind of silly IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you already own the adventure can you go back and play the single player part again? If not that's kind of silly IMO.
    Yes. As long as you purchase the first wing before it cycles out you can do the rest. I imagine that means you can replay them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I bought GvG packs since it was announced that you can no longer buy them after the next big expansion/adventure hits.
    wut? Only thing I read was that GvG and Naxx won't be available to be used in Standard mode games, but allowed in Wild. Where is your source?

Nevermind, I had to read further in the post on their second itteration of the game types.
    Last edited by Jamber; 2016-02-03 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Yes. As long as you purchase the first wing before it cycles out you can do the rest. I imagine that means you can replay them as well.
    Mmm, yeah I wasn't sure if that meant just until you complete it or something.

Need to make sure I finish all those heroics...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This change sounds retarded. I'm really upset I have to read that whole book of a blog entry to know what's up..

When does this change happen?

When the next expansion comes out. They don't have a definite date yet and are saying Spring 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    This change sounds retarded. I'm really upset I have to read that whole book of a blog entry to know what's up..

When does this change happen?
    Because they can't create new card sets and keep a balance forever, every card game obeys the same rule.
    Imagine playing HS on 2018 with the vast amount of cards released, there is imply no way to balance it, it's just for pure fun, it can't be a competitive tier.

Regarding the removal of >2 years old content from shop it makes sense because we all know that even if they embed a 15 step verification warning you that you won't be able to use these cards in standard play the forums will be flooded from retards claiming that blizzards stole them and demand a refund because it wasn't clear enough and they bought the packs/adventures for standard play.