Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Being called nazi by Russians

I'm sorry but I can't put this any other way. I'm at a loss.

Why is it, that every time, EVERY TIME, you ask Russians to please stop blabbering in cyrilics in chats, that they will always insult your mother and call you a nazi? Every time. Without fail. No matter how polite you are, they refuse to take their private conversations in anything but public channels. Especially in mobas, where team communication is important.

I don't understand it. I haven't met a single polite, English speaking Russian. Not one. I'm sad to say this reflects very poorly on Russia as a country.
    Hell, I've met both French and Germans who politely apologize and explain if you ask them. But Russians always spew insults and call you a nazi. No matter the subject, you're always a nazi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont feel this is the forum to discuss this.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never understood why Russians end up on the European servers when their country is like 75%+ in Asia, especially considering most of them don't like actual Europeans so you just get abuse like the OP suffered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can beat that, theres been right wing republicans who compare gays to nazis, you know, a divison of people who were gased and experimented on by the nazis the same as jewish people?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...gays-are-nazis

10+ Year Old Account
    Just call them Commies back!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

I don't understand it. I haven't met a single polite, English speaking Russian. Not one.
    Maybe you have, but you didn't know they were Russian because they were polite and spoke English.

So you judge a country by what some dumb russian kid type in a game?

This generation is entitled and rude. You should know that by now.

They are called keyboard warriors.

I don't understand it. I haven't met a single polite, English speaking Russian. Not one. I'm sad to say this reflects very poorly on Russia as a country.
    We have at least three civil Russians on these forums. There has to be more out there.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Never understood why Russians end up on the European servers when their country is like 75%+ in Asia, especially considering most of them don't like actual Europeans so you just get abuse like the OP suffered.
    Most of the population of Russia is in Europe, not Asia.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Despite large part of our land being in Asia ~78% of population lives in European part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but I can't put this any other way. I'm at a loss.

Why is it, that every time, EVERY TIME, you ask Russians to please stop blabbering in cyrilics in chats, that they will always insult your mother and call you a nazi? Every time. Without fail. No matter how polite you are, they refuse to take their private conversations in anything but public channels. Especially in mobas, where team communication is important.

Hell, I've met both French and Germans who politely apologize and explain if you ask them. But Russians always spew insults and call you a nazi. No matter the subject, you're always a nazi.
    Sorry to hear about this, I guess it is about the community of people you meet. For I have mets tons of polite English speaking Russians.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    So you judge a country by what some dumb russian kid type in a game?

This generation is entitled and rude. You should know that by now.

They are called keyboard warriors.
    This generation? You must be new to the internet and human behavior in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry to hear about this, I guess it is about the community of people you meet. For I have mets tons of polite English speaking Russians.
    Yeah, most of the Russian people I've met IRL have always been lovely people. Not a good idea to judge any slice of humanity by what you see in MOBA chat. In fact, I always recommend just ignoring MOBA chat entirely. If it's in cyrillic, that just makes it that much easier to ignore.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-02-03 at 02:12 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

When they call me nazi I only respond with "Nope you are wrong, but my grandfather killed some of your "red army" guys, maybe even your relatives , deal with it, its [insert current year] now".

Deleted
    Well, honestly, its not just Russians. Yes Russians pretty much most of the time when grouped together in games wont give a fuck about anybody else and just talk russian and insult you if you dare say get a TS or speak english(example would be CS:GO voice chat in competetive). But you have Turks doing the same stuff, just in a different language. You have Germans speaking only German while fully understanding your english(most Russians/Turks are probably the same), with the addition of European people loving to call you Russian just cause you live in an eastern european country(Slovenia in my instance) and will totally dissmiss you if you bare any resemblence to a Russian accent. In short, people on the internet are the biggest dicks cause you can't punch them in the face over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you are going to judge an entire country based on people you met, are you joking?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, most of the Russian people I've met IRL have always been lovely people. Not a good idea to judge any slice of humanity by what you see in MOBA chat. In fact, I always recommend just ignoring MOBA chat entirely. If it's in cyrillic, that just makes it that much easier to ignore.
    In my roleplaying guild, the leader was russian, an officer was russian, and three other russians through the ranks. All lovely people, met them in a guild gathering. And now, though the guild is no more, still having contact.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why is it, that every time, EVERY TIME, you ask Russians to please stop blabbering in cyrilics in chats, that they will always insult your mother and call you a nazi?
    Because chats are full of dear children. With too much free time, nowhere near enough parental supervision and an entirely lumpen upbringing.

But the sentiment goes both ways, really. You should see some of the insults perfectly adult men tossed my way at various news sites. Being called a "Pinko commie liberal" who needs to "die in a fire" was not an entirely uncommon occurence.

Internet was, is and will be full of boors. I am afraid that not letting them get under your skin is the best piece of advice I can can offer.
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am an English Speaking Russian; though I live in the US, and grew up here. (I was 7 when we migrated)

I have not been called out as being rude or uncouth in real life or otherwise. Though like everyone I do have my days.
    Oh wow, I didn't know that, I thought you were Israeli-American, mainly because you look more tannish and I really didn't associate Russians being more tan...