Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But Thats the problem, it's not a few! I've been unable to have a single contact in Russia. Not irl, not on forums, not anywhere. Is this just really bad luck? I've met people from all over the world.
    I'm confounded by it. I don't understand why it is.
    Is it because Russia is isolated? Is the language barrier too big? I only have my experiences to go on, 30 years of living,and these experiences are entirely negative.
    What else can I form an opinion with?

Yes, I do. I think anyone that systematically misbehaves reflects poorly on others around them. The difference is that a majority of Americans I encounter don't insult me.
    There are several Russians on this forum that seem to be very nice individuals, in this very thread even.

I find that most Americans online do in fact insult, some examples:

"My country could wipe out your country"
    "Come back to me when you've been to the moon"
    "We saved your ass twice, show some respect"

If you've only ever met rude Russians then the only thing they have in common with each other is you.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Only nationalists think they have a right to order people to speak the language A or don't speak the language B. If you are getting called 'Nazi', that is well-deserved.
    That's very, very flawed logic. To begin with, this would require me to be British, which I ain't.
    I'm not telling anyone, I politely ask people to communicate in a universal language the rest of their team can understand and to show respect to their team by not spamming, really nonstop talking, in a language no-one else understands. I say that no matter what language it is. It's common sense and common, respectful behavior.
    If you're with a friend or friends, you can speak in whispers or party channels or run Skype or any other voice communication.

Where I come from, we call that mature, respectful behavior. And if someone asks you what's being said, you don't throw insults at them. Also plain common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    There are several Russians on this forum that seem to be very nice individuals, in this very thread even.

I find that most Americans online do in fact insult, some examples:

"My country could wipe out your country"
    "Come back to me when you've been to the moon"
    "We saved your ass twice, show some respect"

If you've only ever met rude Russians then the only thing they have in common with each other is you.
    Who'd that be? I know of one Russian here and I've got nothing polite to say about him/her.
    So out of a lifetime of experiences, I'm wrong because there's two people who challenge my experiences? I'm afraid two people are a minority.
    Since you've got a different perspective, I want to ask why you think your perspective is what it is? I want to understand why my experiences with Russians has been so entirely one sided. Please read some of the other things I've written so far to see just how one sided it's been.

So I'm rude for politely asking people to speak a universal language? I'm rude trying to engage people in conversation?

Deleted
    That's very, very flawed logic.
    I'm not telling anyone, I politely ask people to communicate in a universal language the rest of their team can understand and to show respect to their team by not spamming, really nonstop talking, in a language no-one else understands. I say that no matter what language it is. It's common sense and common, respectful behavior.
    If you're with a friend or friends, you can speak in whispers or party channels or run Skype or any other voice communication.

Where I come from, we call that mature, respectful behavior. And if someone asks you what's being said, you don't throw insults at them. Also plain common sense.
    Well, you are expecting the same behavior of Anonymous people online that get no consequences for their bad behavior as oppossed to in real life where they do. Honestly just expect less of people, mute the assholes and you will have a better time online. From my experience, if you want a Russian to be nice to you in a game, he needs to be the only Russian in game and often require something of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    OP is literally nazi and something something his mother. Gotta live to peoples expectations
    A snarky,sarcastic comment not addressing anything doesn't really make anything better.

respect to their team by not spamming, really nonstop talking, in a language no-one else understands.
    If people talk between themselves, it means some people can understand each other.

Speaking a certain language is a freaking human right, not "respect" or "disrespect". Forget that colonial attitude.

People can speak in their native language openly. They don't need to hide it.

If a person cannot or is inconvenienced by speaking in your language, deal with it. Don't be a churl.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people talk between themselves, it means some people can understand each other.

Speaking a certain language is a freaking human right, not "respect" or "disrespect". Forget that colonial attitude.

If a person cannot or is inconvenienced by speaking in your language, deal with it. Don't be a churl.
    Yeah, it always annoys me when people get angry that someone is speaking another language around them. In my experience, they usually assume people are talking shit about them. I speak Spanish and English. I've seen people get pissed at Spanish speakers for this, when the Spanish speakers were, like most people, just talking about random stuff, not making fun of the English speakers.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I've been unable to have a single contact in Russia. Not irl, not on forums, not anywhere.
    Holy crap, the entire CIS is wrong by not talking to you! How about starting to reflect what is wrong with yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitri View Post
    Well, you are expecting the same behavior of Anonymous people online that get no consequences for their bad behavior as oppossed to in real life where they do. Honestly just expect less of people, mute the assholes and you will have a better time online. From my experience, if you want a Russian to be nice to you in a game, he needs to be the only Russian in game and often require something of you.
    I mute them all the time. I try my best to not get riled up. But when this has happened for many years, in regards to Russians, it can some times get under your skin.
    Interesting to hear this from a Slovenian though. What would you say, is it culture? I've had plenty of friends from Eastern Europe and one thing they all had in common was a very...aggressive attitude. Even when being nice, they're aggressively nice

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's very, very flawed logic. To begin with, this would require me to be British, which I ain't.

- - - Updated - - -

Who'd that be? I know of one Russian here and I've got nothing polite to say about him/her.
    So out of a lifetime of experiences, I'm wrong because there's two people who challenge my experiences? I'm afraid two people are a minority.
    Since you've got a different perspective, I want to ask why you think your perspective is what it is? I want to understand why my experiences with Russians has been so entirely one sided. Please read some of the other things I've written so far to see just how one sided it's been.

So I'm rude for politely asking people to speak a universal language? I'm rude trying to engage people in conversation?
    There is no such thing as a universal language, unless you're talking about math of course. I never said you're rude, I said that the only thing the Russians you've encountered have in common is you. All we have is your side of the story, and quite frankly if you're making a post to whine about on mmo-c then I'm guessing it wasn't just politely asking.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-02-03 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I dont feel this is the forum to discuss this.
    What are you? A nazi?

Deleted
    Holy crap, the entire CIS is wrong by not talking to you! How about starting to reflect what is wrong with yourself?
    The entire what? I think you're putting words in my mouth and trying to make a strawman out of me to attack instead of addressing anything I say.

Deleted
    I want to believe it's all about perception and you only can identify the asshole russians as russians because the polite ones speak english or just keep their mouth shut if they can't speak english.

Maybe they call you a nazi because alot of the people they get thrown together wth are germans and the russians still believe that germans instantly back down when you call them a nazi becasue we so must avoid the implication.

Ach wirklich? Fühlst du dich jez nicht ignoriert, ausgeschlossen und missachtet? Ich schreib hier einfach noch was hin denn du wirst es eh in google übersetzen aber versuch das mal live wärend du nen MOBA spielst. Vor allem mit kyrilischen Buchstaben, die kannste nichtmal abtippen.
    Es geht hier vor allem um Team-Kommunikation oder sinnloses Fluchen im Teamchat. Geht echt tierisch aufn Sack.
    Kla, man kanns e dann meist stummschalten aber dass man es überhaupt machen muss is schon zuviel.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-02-03 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    First, cyrillics is used outside russia too.. you know.. as from what you say clear you don't speak russian im pretty sure you are clueless if they were actually russian or not.

Second, they have exactly the same rights that you in order to speak in a PUBLIC channel/chat.

The entire what?
    Plot thickens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    There is no such thing as a universal language. I never said you're rude, I said that the only thing the Russians you've encountered have in common is you. All we have is your side of the story, and quite frankly if you're making a post to whine about on mmo-c then I'm guessing it wasn't just politely asking.
    But I've done nothing offensive. In many situations, such as that with the DayZ server, they never encountered me personally, because they had already broken our rules or hacked.
    You're accusing me of lying and in the same post saying you don't know enough.

Nothing I can say or do will prove to you what you want out of me, I wager. Since you deem me a liar. So I don't know what you expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Plot thickens.
    I don't know what you're saying. Stop being deliberately obtuse.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But I've done nothing offensive. In many situations, such as that with the DayZ server, they never encountered me personally, because they had already broken our rules or hacked.
    You're accusing me of lying and in the same post saying you don't know enough.

Nothing I can say or do will prove to you what you want out of me, I wager. Since you deem me a liar. So I don't know what you expect.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what you're saying. Stop being deliberately obtuse.
    No, I said we only know you're side of the story. That's not the same as calling you liar.

Every story has multiple sides and the truth is more often than not somewhere in the middle.

CIS is the Commonwealth of Independent States.

10+ Year Old Account
    Creamy, you should definitely take into account that you're one of the only, if not the only, person in this thread who's having this same issue, which suggests it may have more to do with your own confirmation biases than with reality. When you're the only consistent element in all these interactions, you have to consider the idea that you may be the problem.

well i am russian and there is no russian servers for HOTS for example. one death from gank at the lane and my mother gets all compliments in the world. so its not the nationality but mentality

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Creamy, you should definitely take into account that you're one of the only, if not the only, person in this thread who's having this same issue, which suggests it may have more to do with your own confirmation biases than with reality. When you're the only consistent element in all these interactions, you have to consider the idea that you may be the problem.
    And why is it that pretty much every european who has played a MOBA in his livetime can relate russians to "lol cyka noob blyat l2p uninstall die inafire"?

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    well i am russian and there is no russian servers for HOTS for example. one death from gank at the lane and my mother gets all compliments in the world. so its not the nationality but mentality
    It's prolly just that russians turn to their native toungue when insulting others while most other nationalities keep to english.

Doesn't mean russians are more vulgar but you can make them out as russians.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-02-03 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    And why is it that pretty much every european who has played a MOBA in his livetime can relate russians to "lol cyka noob blyat l2p uninstall die inafire"?
    I'm pretty sure you can find the same thing with non-Russians just as well. I certainly have. But here you are, at least one person to validate Creamy's concerns, I suppose.

I still think this is the "all asians are bad drivers" mentality. Well yeah, if you think all asians are bad drivers, whenever you see an asian driving badly, it confirms your bias and you take note of it. But when you see someone driving badly that's not asian, you forget about it.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-02-03 at 04:22 PM.