Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    - Garrisons were badly executed. Could've made it instanced for all people who had a similar setup with buildings or something.
    - Promises they did not keep. I was personally incredibly excited about the Temple of the Karabor.
    - The story was horrific. Go to a different time, save Draenor from big bad guys we all knew from lore, let Green Jesus kill of the previous big bad guy (seriously, enough with giving NPC's the honor) and changing the end-content cause: "Why the hell not?".
    - Giving everybody everything with minimal effort which made it very exciting the first 2 weeks and then realizing that there is no point in continuing cause you got good stuff anyway.
    - The playerbase. Used to be that you could join a pug easily and if you weren't good enough you'd leave. Now its simply a matter of "Link achievement" and you're in, but you can't get the achievement without getting in >_>

Basically: Too many broken promises, the feeling of progression is missing, lack of (quality) content.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    Another 15 months raid tier
    Complete lack of anything to do with alts beside raids/pvp till 6.2

Garrisons. They made me forget that I play a MMORPG and not a facebook game.

It's also the main reason that made me unsub early in the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Love this so much.

Honestly. The story. The fact that they took out the city hubs as well but the zones had no feeling of real threats outside of Talador because the demons were present and in full attack mode. You had homages to older quests and npc's there and it then to top it all off Shattrath was ignored completely. They couldn't even finish the zone. When it was the best zone of the entire expansion. Nagrand felt cheapened with Thrall taking the spotlight and every other zone was Iron Horde omg. All of which were very underwhelming as far as the Warlords themselves go but putting the Iron Horde as the staple of the threat was a bad decision. They should have been the front for 2 maybe 3 zones but the others were on their way to destruction by a lot more Burning Legion and orc cultists. Keep the patches as they were, Highmaul, BRF and then ends with HFC but a lot more demons and Outlands homages. The Garrison concept was fine, but you are given more than just one daily to go to a zone, you got 4 other bases. How about 4 dailies that revolve around those bases? Just saying. Also using those "bases. As part of the story. In the HFC patch, the bases you've defended, built and scavenged for are being invaded or destroyed by the burning legion. New dailies! Hoorah. I was fine with the concept of flying but overall the story was a huuuge let down. This was supposed to be Dreanor pre-invasion. Not boring orcs with machinery. We've killed demons, dragons, zombies, embodiment of hatred and other orcs with dragons or machinery already. A planet absolutly full of them with only minimal amount of corruption was stupid. Cool cutscenes but the game should have had more oomph by the Burning Legion.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just needed one more raid tier. I am mostly happy with Wod. I liked it a lot.

There is some problems with the Lore, but I gave up on that when we went all kung fu panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem with WoD was the missing content. This expansion offered so little to do compared to any other expansion that I struggle to even call it an expansion. Draenor has large areas in it that seem to serve no actual purpose (Zangar Sea, Shat area, Shadowmoon Burial Grounds raid, etc). Couple that with the Farahlon and corresponding raid tier disappearance along with no new battlegrounds or arenas and you've got a shadow of a shadow of an expansion compared to the likes of TBC and WOTLK.

I'm not a huge fan of the legendary. Makes playing alts not feel enjoyable because my alt is much weaker than my main and everyone else with the ring. Not really strictly a WoD issue, but it's my main issue with game currently.

if I had to put it into one sentence is probably something along the lines of:
    not enough content and what little of it is there is shit

to be more specific
    -abysmal story that got cut to hell and back and doesn't make any fucking sense (again, why the fuck is grom suddenly turned into a fucking hero in the last third of the raid and being all budy with a persons whose race he tried to genocide 5 minutes ago, why the fuck did we have to sacrifice Maraad for some chick we are never going to see again because she is from some alternate timeline?)
    -cut content left and right
    -some aspects of garrison
    -"fill bar" apexis daily, jesus christ what stupidity
    -only one content patch
    -said content wasn't even that good
    -shit boss fights, don't think I can name 5 that I enjoyed
    -gutting of LFR, it was something I enjoyed doing on alts and made me stay subbed through basically all of MoP
    -utter gutting of most of the classes, seems to be getting even worse in legion
    -removal of 10 man mythic
    -no flying
    -shipyard bullshit

I could probably come up with some 5-10 more...

It was relentlessly stupid.

Seriously, I play for narrative more than anything, and the story in WoD was the shallowest and most insipid plotline Blizzard has ever offered up. Draenor weirdly feels like a place with no history - did we learn much of anything about the various orc clans, any new details about the draenei we didn't already know? The timetravel/pocket universe thing was a silly gimmick that was never even stated or explained in-game. And the end of the expansion somehow managed to be even worse than the Deathwing death cinematic.

Start to finish, worst and most pointless plot in the game.

The other players. I want to see all their flesh burned to a cinder, screaming in agony knowing I'm THEIR SUPERIOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What is it that you MOST dislike or what is your #1 MAIN issue with WoD?
    The Ability Prune.

I thought about all of what WoD did (good/bad) and nothing had more of a negative impact on my WoW experience than what the ability prune did to my class.

I could look past an awful story, garrison prisons, the re-introduction of flying, and all the other bad things, but that prune was the absolute worst.

If the class itself isn't fun to play, it's going to have a trickle-down effect on literally every combat-orientated aspect of the game.
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2016-02-03 at 11:48 PM.

Garrison, shipyard, selfie camera - pretty much the highlights of what was wrong with WoD, the facebook game/social media expansion of WoW.

Additionally, Ashran was shit from start to finish. Apexis dailies were horribly uninspired - the concept seemed solid, (flexible fill bar instead of static quest objective?) but the execution was awful. Flying effectively being removed from the game was another stupid move.

These are all mechanical additions/subtractions to the game; not even to speak of the storyline or whatever, which I felt was a very poor premise for the game.

I really can't think of anything that WoD brought to the table that turned out GOOD. Their major focuses for the expansion (Garrisons/shipyards, Ashran) were the biggest failures by far.

Deleted
    Pay2win token bullshit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main gripe is the severe lack (especially pre. 6.2) of non-raiding end game content. Whenever I have hit max level in previous expansions I have had a laundry list of things to do. Within one day of getting to level 100 on my main character I was going "What now?"

This improved slightly with the introduction of Tanaan but is was still a pointless grind with the dailies for no real purpose. I remember them saying in one interview that the reputations were a last minute addition anyway.

The lack of Tier (art on gear) in LFR.

The "LFR art" felt like a booby prize, more so when I realised most weapons and armor shared models with blue honor gear. As I leveled a few alts, I felt no desire to gear them, as instead the feeling of "Yay, time to get some class themed gear finally!" it was more "Oh...more generic sets...I can't be bothered, I guess I'll be...playing something else..."

I realise it was intended to try an encourage folks to move up into organised raiding...and I feel that was a complete and utter failure. As I stated above, it's hard to get hyped about the current LFR gear because it's so generic (Thanks blizz, it's great to be generic gear from leveling quests, generic gear from dungeons, generic gear from end game dungeons...and now generic gear from LFR too! I sure do like my rogue to look the same as a monk and a druid, I sure do (freaking hate it!)), it's shared with multiple classes, and it was shared with freaking blue honor gear! (So they couldn't even be bothered to actually MAKE a set for LFR. Or they couldn't be bothered to make an try set for PVPers. Either way it's digesting laziness)
    Ultimately, the gear chase is meant to be part of the carrot that keeps us subbed (not the only thing, at least, it SHOULDN'T be!).

But when the carrot is a shoddy dry looking thing...you don't just plod on anyway, you leave the game. Given the sub numbers, I'm clearly not alone in this thinking (Though I realise the drop could be for various reasons. Still...I'd wager a big number like myself were not impressed by the generi-sets, and thus had no reason to farma set and just left)
    Last edited by Icaras; 2016-02-04 at 12:14 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

No content.
    this. so much this.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of lore... We saw grom like 4 times? Shit, blackhand would have made a better warchief.

They just cut so much stuff from the expansion, it never felt complete.

No third raid tier or any form of additional content and still the year long farm.

everything you mentioned sucked and was watered down except for the raiding and gold making. oh wait gold making was watered down too. And raiding. Well got tired of that in BRF. In fact, I didn't even bother clearing it. I only do heroic and i still couldn't muster the effort to complete it despite having the ability (guild and friends) to do so.