Thread: Ring of Frost

Ring of Frost

Why can nobody use Jaina's ult, ring of frost right? I have never seen it used to damage or freeze someone even when that was obviously their purpose and not just zoning. The freeze and damage comes from the ring itself and NOT the center of it. When an enemy hero is just standing still in a fight putting the ring around them does nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    Why can nobody use Jaina's ult, ring of frost right? I have never seen it used to damage or freeze someone even when that was obviously their purpose and not just zoning. The freeze and damage comes from the ring itself and NOT the center of it. When an enemy hero is just standing still in a fight putting the ring around them does nothing.
    I dunno, you're playing with bad Jainas?

ROF is one of the biggest playmakers in the game.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

When an enemy hero is just standing still in a fight putting the ring around them does nothing.
    Because unless it's AI or the opponents are terribad, people don't generally stand around to make it easy for you to land skillshots.

Incredibly stupid thread asking an incredibly stupid question.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Because you're going by the assumption that people stand still. Most don't, so landing the ring, in my opinion, is with them in its center, because they'll try to move and by the time it's actually cast, be in the ring itself.

I will have to admit though that I did not know the center did not do damage... but most of the times I play Jaina and cast it, what I said above happens, I try to land the enemy in the middle, they move and get caught.

It's pretty much identical to Veigar from League's Event Horizon which in League the same thing constantly happens, but at least with Event Horizon Veigar has an ability that is a delayed ground based aoe he can lob in the center if they don't get stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    but at least with Event Horizon Veigar has an ability that is a delayed ground based aoe he can lob in the center if they don't get stunned.
    It's called blizzard.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I wish it worked like it did in Wow. It would place the ring and for the entire time its active, if you touched it, it would freeze you.

its not supposed to be easy, you have to coordinate and time it with your team. Just like Diablo's Ult (which has it worse among those who dont know how to use it right)

I don't even main jaina and this isn't hard to realize. Some people just aren't good at the game